Star HK416 ?

fiddlesticks4220

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, who cares.

The VFC gun is a very good replica. Stars AEG's are overpriced.

Unless they offered an AEG built to the same standards as the VFC and at a cheaper price...again, who cares.

Honestly, who cares.

The VFC gun is a very good replica. Stars AEG's are overpriced.

Unless they offered an AEG built to the same standards as the VFC and at a cheaper price...again, who cares.

ya its sort of pointless, chinese already made hk416's anyways. STAR should have tried to make the hk417

Innovation is for losers...or those weenies at VFC. :D

weenies indeed, there making too many guns that i love and i dont have enough money for them :)

Whats the difference between the 416 and the 417?

416 is chambered in 5.56, 417 is chambered in 7.62

I think it's just the sights.

While the VFC HK416 has very good externals, the JG HK416 beats it by a mile in terms of performance. My mate got his VFC HK416 but on the first skirmish with it, the gearbox just went bust just right after the first game. He had to replace it with a gearbox from G&P. While I played on with my JG with downgraded spring and just sang sweetly throughout the day.

The SRC HK416 is the best contender of being the HK416 king. Internals and External wise. It just doesn't have the proper HK trademarks that it's called SR416 (i think a review is posted somewhere). Availability is always the problem.

As for VFC, even for the great looks, I think they still have quality issues. I remember someone's VFC SCAR Dark Earth, while looking great in his desert loadout, always has something falling off, starting with the rubber butt pad, that he had to tape it just to keep it there and continue on playing.

I think it's just the sights.

While the VFC HK416 has very good externals, the JG HK416 beats it by a mile in terms of performance. My mate got his VFC HK416 but on the first skirmish with it, the gearbox just went bust just right after the first game. He had to replace it with a gearbox from G&P. While I played on with my JG with downgraded spring and just sang sweetly throughout the day.

The SRC HK416 is the best contender of being the HK416 king. Internals and External wise. It just doesn't have the proper HK trademarks that it's called SR416 (i think a review is posted somewhere). Availability is always the problem.

As for VFC, even for the great looks, I think they still have quality issues. I remember someone's VFC SCAR Dark Earth, while looking great in his desert loadout, always has something falling off, starting with the rubber butt pad, that he had to tape it just to keep it there and continue on playing.

Internally...debateable.

Externally,sorry no.

The SRC 416 almost alright cept that the finishing sucks and the rear sights are incorrect for the weapon.

The adjustable drumb is an MP5 type rather than a G3/HK33 type.

LOL took my JG 416, downgraded the spring so it did 350fps and then slapped on a 14.4v battery, changed nothing else not even the bushings (yes I am mad). I got a good 15-20k rounds out of it then it started to sound a bit gratey, took it apart to find the only the pinion gear had worn down, amazingly the rest of the gearbox looks next to new :D

ya its sort of pointless, chinese already made hk416's anyways. STAR should have tried to make the hk417

Given Stars propensity to bring out a whole range rather than one model, they might surprise us. More likely they'll just do different barrel/stock variations though. If they even build any.

Ehh - more variety's always good for someone. And lol @ this thread.

Rules of Airsoft:

1. You may not insult a PTW or VFC.

2. You may not compete with a PTW or VFC.

3. You may not like a company competing with Systema or VFC.

Anyway, it's up in the air until STAR says anything. But STAR does have a record of making accessories, although it's not very big. (MP7, MP5, AK mags, inner barrels)

Ehh - more variety's always good for someone. And lol @ this thread.

Rules of Airsoft:

1. You may not insult a PTW or VFC.

2. You may not compete with a PTW or VFC.

3. You may not like a company competing with Systema or VFC.

Anyway, it's up in the air until STAR says anything. But STAR does have a record of making accessories, although it's not very big. (MP7, MP5, AK mags, inner barrels)

I would agree if you exchange PTW and VFC for Classic Army :)

No seriously, any company can put out a number of lemons, no one has put out a perfect weapon yet <_<

To be fair, I don't understand all of these companies putting out HK416s....I mean, they're not THAT different from a M4/M16 type rifle...but maybe that makes them an easy sell, no need for a specific gearbox, and as far as the body tooling is concerned, I'd guess around 80 - 90% of it is already covered if you have an M4 vairant in your catalogue of AEGs.

So far we have SRC, VFC, JG, Top Tech (and possibly STAR) making a HK416.....

is it feasible to make a 417 lower to mate with your 416 upper if you already have it ? or will something in the hop area need to change ?

I believe the receiver dimensions are different.

Guys, give it a rest, no one brought up a PTW until YOU guys did. The beef that i have with star over this one and believe me, its e-beef which means its just about worthless is that they could be spending their time innovating instead of putting out ANOTHER product thats already been done. Again, it doesnt matter because we dont even know if star is making a 416 or not so this is kind of a useless discussion. :huh:

These guys just dont get it. If you create something new and exciting you will sell far more units than if you just re create something that someone else has already put out onto the market.

Yeah, its expensive but if you do it right it pays off in the end. The risk is worth the reward.

@Magsz

Absolutetly agree! people would certainly pay more readily for an AEG that does something that other AEGs don't...I think thats the success with items such as the PTW, love it or hate it, it does things that normal AEGs don't.....and lets face it, its not beyond modern technology (i.e a capacitor) to do things like 3 round burst, or full cycle with a touch of the trigger.

I'm in total agreement with the sentiment that companies would be better off innovating than simply trying to match the competition.I used to have a dislike for Systema and TM, but you have to admire the way these companies have resisted the urge to simply churn out more copycat guns based on what CA, ICS, VFC etc are putting out. Lets face it they would probably sell like hot cakes if they "suddenly" produced a SCAR etc, and just relied on their "name" to sell hundreds of units.

Instead these companies seem to stand aside and are content to perfect a product that they already sell.....in contrast how many companies just churn out repilca after replica with a complete ignorance to customer concern about the quality of their internals, material use, and finish. Companies like G&G and SRC seem to feel that if they produce the "latest" fad, they will instantly dispell any fears about their QC or reliability, how dumb is that.....(has anyone actually bought a G&G SCAR?!?!?)

No you'll not find me disrespecting the likes of TM or Systema anymore. As far as the "playground" mentality of the other AEG manufacturers, well, its entertaining to watch, but my money is going on the best product from now on.....not the best "looking" product.

i don think an m4 mag in 7.62 is very popular. seeing as most ppl at already very used to the smaller 5.56 mags.

er, SR25, SR25URX, SCAR H, Hk417 are all very popular ;)

wat? :huh:

The SRC HK416 has the correct trademarks, its only the USA that gets SRC 416 type trades, in the UK you will get the same HK416 trades as the real steel!

nice to hear.

But still is expensive compared to a VFC. I mean if it were in the dboys price range I might consider it.

And about star, I have one now, secondhand and it shoots like it's brand new. (g36)

Im very good friend with a retail owner in ca and he dose not stock VFC 416s because he spends more time fixing them than seeing them work.

the new VFC HK416 SDX's addressed the selector switch and tappet problem. plus the stock and pistol grip is less shiny and doesnt look as plasticy. also comes with the new PEQ.

the new VFC HK416 SDX's addressed the selector switch and tappet problem. plus the stock and pistol grip is less shiny and doesnt look as plasticy. also comes with the new PEQ.

i know but they cost 500 and for that just spend extra and buy hurricane kit.

or the star or soon the top tech (cool blowback)

Archived