NEW - BIOVAL BBBMAX!

SlickAxe

Looks like BIOVAL is back and at full speed again. Their distributor announced today a new line of BBB products, the BBBMAX. This will be the ultimate BIO BB since it is not only degradable and nature-friendly (non toxic) but also reduces the amount of Green House Gases during the production of the BBBs. It is ironic to see that some of the Bio BB's on the market are less nature-friendly than regular BB's since the products process costs a lot of Green House Gases. Read along for the latest on BIOVAL.

biovalbbbmax.jpg

NEW! BIOVAL BBBMAX! - 18/03/2008

Announcing the new and revolutionary BBBMAX. With this new bb Bioval will reduce the amount of Green House Gases generated when compared to the production of conventional plastic bbs and even biodegradable ones. The BBBMAX reduces the resources and the energy consumption normally associated with the production of plastic and biodegradable bbs and improves the level of achievable sphericity and ballistic stability by eliminating the presence of air bubbles. Quality control is guaranteed.

Since they are transparent they will absorb the light of the surrounding environment and will become virtually invisible when the finally hit the ground. When fired they are invisible to all but the shooter. The hardness is such that they will smoothly flow through even the most demanding Airsoft weapons without problems. Small (average 5.92mm) and fast they are the most accurate bbs in the world. If you can't fire smoothly and accurately with these BBBMAX then change your gun!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you scorch. I'm worried about the price tag. A lot of sites I play at I feel obligated (if not required) to use Bio bbs in my SAW, and that's gets ridiculously expensive at times. Hopefully these will be at least near the same price range as bio bbs being currently produced.

Ive was able to inspect a small amount and shoot about half a mag couple weeks ago. No jamming issues (6.01 barrel) but QC should be interesting once it officially hits the market.

I feel like I only got to test a "hand picked" batch so I would def second guess putting a brand new un-opened bag through my gun, without some serious inspecting of my own.

They look and feel like polished glass and I believe they weigh around .27 NOT .28

I will give credit to the fact they are clear. Shooting semi auto while looking through my scope, I was able to trace the bbs out to the target, but it is extremely hard to track if your not looking down the barrel. I was a bit scared to test full auto for the idea of experiancing a jam. (still had some game time left that I didnt wanna sit out in case)

I think everyone is correct in saying PRICE will dictate the sales of this product. BIO bbs are horrible quality and exspensive...hopefully these are neither.

I agree with you scorch. I'm worried about the price tag. A lot of sites I play at I feel obligated (if not required) to use Bio bbs in my SAW, and that's gets ridiculously expensive at times. Hopefully these will be at least near the same price range as bio bbs being currently produced.

Stop spraying then. :P

No really, that's the disadvantage you have when playing with a supportgun. But you have a huge advantage with your boxmag.

(unless everyone runs around with a M4 with C-mag <_< )

Ive was able to inspect a small amount and shoot about half a mag couple weeks ago. No jamming issues (6.01 barrel) but QC should be interesting once it officially hits the market.

I feel like I only got to test a "hand picked" batch so I would def second guess putting a brand new un-opened bag through my gun, without some serious inspecting of my own.

They look and feel like polished glass and I believe they weigh around .27 NOT .28

I will give credit to the fact they are clear. Shooting semi auto while looking through my scope, I was able to trace the bbs out to the target, but it is extremely hard to track if your not looking down the barrel. I was a bit scared to test full auto for the idea of experiancing a jam. (still had some game time left that I didnt wanna sit out in case)

I think everyone is correct in saying PRICE will dictate the sales of this product. BIO bbs are horrible quality and exspensive...hopefully these are neither.

.27 and no jams, eh?

I might just check if the shop I work at can start importing these.

Aren't standard BB's atleast 5.95mm and not 5.92mm? Just a question. Cause the extra .0'X' does make a difference. I run 6.01mm barrels in all my guns and that from a .03 prom. or a .04 TN or a .05 BS makes a big difference. But on topic, just wondering about the BB size.

You wouldn't really see much of a difference - They are the same weight.

Yes, but wouldn't it have the same effect as having a wider barrel? The bb's could bounce around more, thus making it less accurate - lemme make a comparison:

5.98mm bb traveling in a 6.08mm equals .1mm of "wasted space", and a 5.92mm traveling a 6.02mm barrel equals .1mm of "wasted space".

See what I mean? :mellow:

interesting indeed, but i think weight is more important to accuracy than size...

Aha.

It's just that BBs that are too small cause a lot of jamming, doublefeeding, misfiring and general badness in my experience.

I'm currently using PHX .20gs for testing, and they're definitely smaller than my KSCs (PHXs slip through certain GBB mag feed lips without resistance, while the KSCs get held back by the same feed lips), and I can only conclude that smaller BBs are a bad, baaad thing: erratic groupings, unreliable feeding, lower fps.

BB size is exactly why I recently ordered a selection of Xtreme Accuracy BBs in various weights, because they're supposed to be larger than average, resulting in awesome performance. We'll see.

No Biovals for me, in any case.

Excels seem to have the same problem as the PHX. IIRC I accidentally came across eight or so threads about GBBs jamming that ended up being due to Excel BBs' smaller diameter. Could be from their inconsistentcy, though, and I think most people have said they work well enough feeding-wise in AEGs.

These BBs seem pretty cool and a good idea regardless. Interested to see how they turn out.

Where does it say these are biogdegradable? The information quoted from Bioval, and the advert pictured, seems to say they are "inert" and intert - to me - means will not break down. At all. Ever.

The standard non-bio plastic BBs are made from inert plastics. They have no known half-life and thus could theoretically remain unchanged until the Earth is consumed by the sun in another few billion years.

So are they inert, or biodegradable, becase I don't think they can be both...

The initial thought occurs that any potential environmental saving on using low carbon manufacturing would be negated by shipping them half way round the world... Of course that would then have to weighed up against the fact that most BBs used in the UK have come from far eastern manufacturers anyway. I'm not sure how many UK manufacturers of bbs there are (?) but I would suggest that in terms of Carbon footprint then home grown may have less than something shipped overseas.

Do we know what the bbs are actually made of - and more significantly what chemicals they breakdown into? Again its all very nice that they biodegrade but if the resultant compound is no better for the environment/soil than the solid plastics then it may not be worth it. (Hedganian's question about 'inert' may have something to do with this - inert may well mean that the breakdown chemical isn't harmful)

I love the idea that they are concerned and trying to minimise the impact of our sport but it may not add up to much when you compare the effects of shipping your aeg from the middle east and driving to your local site every week.

Voodoo these are real degradables. They are certified and non-toxic BIO BB's. Only eco friendly material is used.

Don't know the exact details on these BBB MAX, but this is what is in the BBB:

Starch

Protein

Oil/Fat

Crude Fiber

Ash

Sugars

Moisture

They are also approved by the Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR) by the way.

Archived