VFC 416 NO MORE?

fiddlesticks4220

Yes i know the hurricane kit is better. Ive ben saying this for a long time now.

But i guess it dose not matter any more because, hurricane is the only one to get.

you really need to reread this whole thread...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...40&start=40

and hurricane isnt the only one to get, vfc 416 is still in stock in MANY retailers and there are also the chinese clones...

I would suppose this is the begining of the the Umarex chill. The 416 was up there until very recently.

You are on the right track. I had a meeting with my distributor here in US and they are pulling it off the website and wait and see how this Umarex pan out.

Most places still seem to stock the VFC and SRc and JG HK416s, but it sure is telling that VFC have suddendly just dropped the line.

I managed to get hold of the VFC HK416 and it is very nice, I can't wait to use it.....I wonder if there'll be a mad rush to acquire one of these babies before they're gone....will be interesting.

Makes you wonder who'll go for the FN license :)

Only thing about the Hurricane kit is it costs about 3 times as much as a VFC 416. I have the VFC and its fantastic, externally anyway. The internals are a tad temperamental. You don't often see manufacturers ditch products so quickly.

It's not really 3x as much. It's about the same price as the kit as the gun. Of course, you're gonna have to provide your own gun, but I'm sure many people would love to use the JG 416 internals.

Unfortunately not. The HK416 is also affected by the HK-Umarex deal, as there's also a design patent for the HK416.

http://oami.europa.eu/RCDOnline/RequestManager

Just enter "Heckler" in the Owner-field and you will see.

In that case, I will keep my sig.

Unfortunately not. The HK416 is also affected by the HK-Umarex deal, as there's also a design patent for the HK416.

http://oami.europa.eu/RCDOnline/RequestManager

Just enter "Heckler" in the Owner-field and you will see.

Ah, but that item is registered as a rifle. Airsoft replicas are smoothbore. ;)

Plus surely the HK416 has a sufficient visual resemblance to an Armalite that if Colt wished to get snotty over it Colt probably could get snotty over it.

in addition, Hk, and therefore umarex, holds the rights only to a couple of designs, including the p2000 and the sl-8. the g36 and the 416 are not part of that group.

oh, and knowing both the hurricane and the vfc 416 first hand, i can only say you should get yourself some glasses!

i noticed that a lot of other rifles were also missing, for example the fnc, the m4 and the spr. both m4 and spr are definitely coming, vfc presented them on the shot show last year

Ah, but that item is registered as a rifle. Airsoft replicas are smoothbore. ;)

Doesn't matter unfortunately. A design patet it's only a question of look, not about function.

Plus surely the HK416 has a sufficient visual resemblance to an Armalite that if Colt wished to get snotty over it Colt probably could get snotty over it.

No, because Colt has no design patent on the AR. A design patent has to be registered and also this registration can only be done within a year of the original release of an item.

in addition, Hk, and therefore umarex, holds the rights only to a couple of designs, including the p2000 and the sl-8. the g36 and the 416 are not part of that group.

You should read my post above. You're right about the G36, but the 416 is a registered design patent and therefore also affected by the Umarex deal.

i noticed that a lot of other rifles were also missing, for example the fnc, the m4 and the spr. both m4 and spr are definitely coming, vfc presented them on the shot show last year

True, but these rifles are listed at the VFC Website. The HK416 was on the website too, but a few days ago they disappeard.

Only thing about the Hurricane kit is it costs about 3 times as much as a VFC 416. I have the VFC and its fantastic, externally anyway. The internals are a tad temperamental. You don't often see manufacturers ditch products so quickly.

hurricane kit is 460 plus a 100 dollar gearbox and 6 dollar motor its only 620 and has a crane stock

Archived