Full metal KSC pistols

deepsix

GunsNGuys looks to have in stock a full metal KSC Sig P226, as well as the 1911.

I thought maybe they were just metal slide versions, but if you look on the pistol page under KSC, they allready have the metal slide versions listed, and at a lower price. The (possibly) full-metal 1911 looks to be a new version as well... maybe having the revamped new blow-back system as their new M9 perhaps??????

have a looksee:

KSC pistol page~

http://www.gunsnguys.com/ishop/Contents/Sh...&cboManuf=4

garrr why the white trades. Not to mention its in the wrong position. If you look closely engravings, or I would suspect "white coloured laser printing" is placed slightly furthur back and down. :(

OK that was the quick answer.

The full story is:

KSC manufactures the guns for 3 different markets; Japan, Taiwan (and the rest of Asia), and America.

The ones made for Japan have to be plastic since Japan has laws against full metal airsoft guns.

The ones made for the rest of Asia can be made to whatever preference, plastic or metal

The ones made for America are rebranded by KWA (KWA doesnt actually manufacture the guns). These are metal because it is allowed and it is usually the preference.

• 10 months later...

I just bought the KSC P226R ("full metal") from RedWolf Airsoft and it arrived today. I've owned a TM Glock 17 (with PGC metal kit), KJ P226, KJ M1911A1 and "JG" G18C before. And compared to any of these guns the build quality seems excellent. It has metal slide and frame. Only thing really annoying me that it DOES have a plastic outer barrel, which kinda sucks. When I rack the slide the sound is a bit "plasticky" because of this.

Otherwise it's really heavy even without the magazine and feels actually very similar to KJ P226, except that its build tolerances are a LOT more tighter than in KJ version and there's almost no unwanted wobble with slide and magazine. I remember that KJ magazine wobbled a lot, but in this the magazine fits rock solid. The trades are quite cheap looking white paint markings, even the one in frame (unlike in RA picture), but I can live with them. The grip has really nice looking SigSauer and P226 markings and the look and feel of the grip itself is really great. The magazine also feels really robust and it has quite sturdy feeding lips. No complaints about that. Basic strip down was very straight-forward, as usual with P226.

Performance out-of-the-box seemed pretty decent, except that the gun was dry as desert and might also need some "breaking in" (or polishing) as well as lubing. The cooldown seemed rather drastic and the performance dropped fast when I tried rapid firing. Accuracy from 5 meter range seemed dead on. Just as accurate (or even more so) than any of my previous GBB pistols. Which is good enough for me since the pistol is only a CQB-backup for me. I haven't tested the hopup yet. It's adjusted with the tool that came with the gun.

Overall I'm very satisfied of my purchase. Now only if I could get a steel/aluminum outer barrel from somewhere...

The package that my gun came in says it's KSC. (And wouldn't care less... Forget the KSC/KWA debate already.) ^_^

I've fired it some more. Seems to work great and after some adding of silicone and firing it seems to smooth out fine. Chrono gives steady 90+ m/s (0.20g BB's, Begadi Power Gas and 20°C temperature). Nice performance and seems really accurate. Feels good and seem REALLY sturdy.

White markings aside, that is one really cool looking gun, Lupus78! I was asking in another thread if KSC's version could take "real steel" replacement grips (like Hogue, Pachmayr, etc.) without modifications, you wouldn't happen to know that?

Unfortunately I don't know about fitting RS parts into this.

This gun feels in hands even better than it looks. Only the trades and the plastic outer barrel are a small minus to me. Otherwise this seems really robust and realistic gun with excellent performance both in power and accuracy. Seems to be an excellent backup weapon for me. Considering it's just a notch more expensive than KJ version, it's a pretty nice deal, especially for this kind of overall quality.

Archived