Political Compass

Chimpy

Since we've had a large number of political threads recently I thought it might be fun to find out where we all stand so head off over here, complete the test and post the results.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

My results:

Economic Left/Right: 3.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.59

polcompassrh8.png

This fits pretty well with my own self-confessed liberal viewpoint.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, go on then...

Economic Left/Right: -6.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54

pcgraphpngphp.png

I actually seem to be slightly more left-wing than I was the last time I did this.

Still, comfortably close to the likes of Gandhi and Mandella. Suits me just fine.

Always makes me cringe (and smile) when I see little kids scoring big on the right-wing totalitarian stuff.

It means they're anti-abortion, against free health care and love the idea of corporate rights.

All of which is stuff that they've never actually had experience of in their lives, to that point. :rolleyes:

Interestintly, I don't think I clicked on a single "strongly..." answer. I'm a closet moderate at heart. ;)

Done it before but here goes...

Economic Left/Right: -5.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

policomp3mar2008.png

No surprise there.

I had far more strongly one way or the other than moderate. Im anti-corporate (the disollution of the corporations is the key to democracy), anti-religious, anti-economic reasons for invasion...and pro-single part state, pro-abortion, and pro-nationalisation of industry.

Interesting that most of the Brits on Arnies seem to be closer to the left.

As the analysis on the current US presidential elections says, what Americans would consider a liberal would be considered in Europe a conservative.

That just makes me scared of what their conservatives are like!

Hmm, I'll give this a go as I'm honestly not sure what sort of voter I am.

EDIT: In that nice, sandal-wearing green quadrant as well. I suppose it's account of my overall moderacy - I don't particularly like hearing other people tell me what I can & can't do, or force their views on others.

Quite close to Ghandhi.

Interesting that most of the Brits on Arnies seem to be closer to the left.

I don't think thats particularly odd as for the most part the UK as a whole is more lefty. :)

It's quite easy to see why Stealth and I disagree so much though!

Archived