MORE VFC News - not good this time.

Glenn

Now, this doesn't seem likely at all, but I got an email from the owner of Federal Airsoft this morning saying:

"Hey Glenn, they have discontinued production of the VFC Scar light so I can not get it at the source"

He works with and has a good relationship with US VFC rep, so his information comes straight from VFC's USA mouth. I trust him, so unless the US rep has her wires crossed, the SCAR H is replacing the L in production.

It also looks like the price on the H is getting hiked up. Looks like you might want to grab the L while you can, and grab the H while it's cheap.

I don't think that we could honestly expect VFC to keep all of its guns in production, all of the time. They're simply moving their production capacity onto new projects, but that doesn't mean to say that they won't do a second batch of the SCAR-L in the future.

I was just thinking today that VFC is releasing something like five or six guns before september. There is no way on gods green earth they would be able to produce those six models AND what they currently already have on the market.

Its a shame though since the scar L is a very good seller and a fantastic weapon. Im sure they will do another batch in a few months when time allows.

I was just thinking today that VFC is releasing something like five or six guns before september. There is no way on gods green earth they would be able to produce those six models AND what they currently already have on the market.

Its a shame though since the scar L is a very good seller and a fantastic weapon. Im sure they will do another batch in a few months when time allows.

I don't see why VFC couldn't maintain the catalogue levels they currently have and introduce new rifles...I mean the development is done and the tooling is there, so all they have to do is either maintain the production space or sub contract...either way to kiss goodbye to ready cash seems more than a little silly....especially when the "new" rifles they are making are #yawn# AK variants and M4 variants....hmm, siunds like a good business plan.

Plus look at how many rifles CA, and TM maintain (granted TM arn't doing too many new things).

Looks to me as though VFC are conceeding market share to STAR.....

A point of good news: Craig at Federal was thinking of the STAR SCAR H, the VFC SCAR H isn't increasing in price.

Now I wonder...get the (likely temporary) dicontinued VFC SCAR in the next couple of days, wait for their EGLM (hopefully by Christmas), or just grab the damned complete STAR kit. Too bad there are so few reviews on the STAR item.

From everything Ive heard about the STAR, the VFC is better. I chose the VFC and it's by far my favorite airsoft gun Ive ever touched. :)

Besides, you can always nab an EGLM off a STAR owner who doesnt want it, Ive seen quite a few. And I bet the VFC one will somehow be better quality, as well. ;)

Ok VFC is very similar to Tokyo Marui in the way they run thier production lines. As land is expensive in both Taiwan and Japan, there is limited factory space so companies will run two production lines.

Once they have run a batch they will switch production to another model, currently AIMS and the SCAR H once the demand for these products has subsided they will look at the order reqests and then switch production over to the models that are highest in demand.

So although they may have stopped production of this model does not mean they have discountinued it.

So the Price is going up on the H??? Any reason why???

Take a look below. ;)

A point of good news: Craig at Federal was thinking of the STAR SCAR H, the VFC SCAR H isn't increasing in price.

Now I wonder...get the (likely temporary) dicontinued VFC SCAR in the next couple of days, wait for their EGLM (hopefully by Christmas), or just grab the damned complete STAR kit. Too bad there are so few reviews on the STAR item.

Here's a review on the STAR mate. ;)

Kind of a shame that VFC isnt bigger than they already are. I bet if people werent buying as many clones as they are VFC would have the capability/funding to expand their production lines...

Don't blame the clones...

If someone wants a $400 gun, they'll buy a $400 gun. If someone wants a $100 gun, well, you know the rest.

-Vic

Don't blame the clones...

If someone wants a $400 gun, they'll buy a $400 gun. If someone wants a $100 gun, well, you know the rest.

-Vic

I understand that but previous to the clones coming out the person that wanted the well made model would go ahead and save their money instead of giving into instant gratification.

Gotta love American culture.

I've seen that one, and this one, but both are picture laden, but could be more informative. And thats only 2. No one seems to be buying the STAR.

Probably because its a piece of ###### compared to VFC's offering.

VFC has better takedown, better materials, and a better price.

The only interesting thing about the star is the microswitch as the trigger unit, i like that although its really not necessary.

Archived