Which wire AIMS type folding stock will fit the CYMA CM.036 AKM?

darryl zero

I'm thinking of doing a Romanian AIMS build using the Cyma CM.036 as a base... Does anyone know what AIMS stock will fit it? There is an AIMS stock on Gunner's but it seems like it would fit the AK47 receiver with the slanted back end, and not the AKM receiver with the near vertical back end.

From what I have been told, there are no stocks meant to fit an Airsoft AKM receiver (the flat back version). There is a mod you can do to a real steel Romy stock in order to get those to fit, but it involves a lot of dremeling.

Another potential option would be to pick up the element AK74 receiver seen HERE . The romy folding stock sold on Gunners will fit this receiver. I am just not totally sure the element receiver will fit your AK, if it does, that may be an easier solution rather than dremeling the ###### out of a real stock

I have one of these fitted to a JG donor gun.

The CYMA 36 looks like it should take it and it will certainly work with a vertical back end. I doubt that it would work with anything other than vertical in fact!

The fitting procedure involves sawing off the 2 tangs on the receiver body that hold the block for the tangs that screw to the stock (the part that normally has 4 small screws). The AIMS stock is secured in place by a plate which fits inside the receiver to the rear of the space for the gearbox. This plate then has an allen bolt through it which tightens up against the plate on the stock (outside the receiver).

Hope that makes sense :D

D

There is a thread HERE showing how to mod the receiver

Every ACM romy stock I have seen will not work properly on a vertical backed receiver since it would be mounted crooked. If there is one Im gonna slap myself for not finding it sooner

The ACM AIMS stock is just fine with this donor ngun.

I got mine from RSOV but it looks identical to the one that Gunner has.

Having had a closer look ... there is a slight slope to the rear receiver ... pic attached. Is that what you mean?

post-28483-1207154284_thumb.jpg

The slant wouldn't be so big ... I wonder if the metal is soft enough to take a risk with bending the stock so that it lines up.

The biggest problem I've had with this conversion is the availability of a good ACM donor gun with BOTH a metal receiver and a scope rail. It seems to be one or the other.

I have the metal receiver, I have the scope rail and I'm not prepared to drill and tap ... sounds like a recipe for disaster and more effort than it's worth.

I'm going to try some good prep and some 'JB Weld' to add the rail.

D

A quick Google search turned up a real AKM patterned Romanian AIMS wire stock for US $50. While I don't like the idea of spending 50% of the cost of a rifle on one accessory for it, this is still alot cheaper than the next option, the ~$400 VFC AIMS. So... Does anyone have any experience fitting a REAL stock to an airsoft AK body? Seems like the real handguards will go on fairly easily, but how well will a stock fit?

My AIMS build may quickly turn into a "Quit being fancy with that AKM, the Cyma AK-74M is just fine as is"

you need to go to redalliance and ask there. i never finished my AIMS project. I still have the AIMS romy stock, but I don't have the correct body for it (akm receiver w/o slant end). From looking at my half finished project. You need to weld it, either professionally, or use jbweld.

As for cutting the stock, you will need a dremel. I spent hours to dremel the stock to fit, only to find out I have the wrong body... Anyway, check out redalliance, they have instructions on how to do the modifications also.

• 1 month later...
I'm thinking of doing a Romanian AIMS build using the Cyma CM.036 as a base... Does anyone know what AIMS stock will fit it? There is an AIMS stock on Gunner's but it seems like it would fit the AK47 receiver with the slanted back end, and not the AKM receiver with the near vertical back end.

I also bought a AKM CYMA , used the AKM front set + AK74 CYMA receiver + Romanian AIMS folding stock

I could also use the CYMA AKM receiver but heavy

http://super.felix.photos2.free.fr/cpg133/.../mpi%26AIMS.JPG

http://super.felix.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1766

Archived