G36 SHORTY

NeoVeNoM

Hi all,

I am busy building a G36 that's even shorter that a C version.

I know, I am an heretic. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I took the old outer barrel and handguard of my TM and cut it up a little bit here and there.

(MY TM has the G&G outer barrel installed so I won't be needing the stock parts)

I will have it installed next week, because I am out of G36s. :D

It will be a little bit modular. Stock/no stock, depending on the barrel.

I will post pics of the progress so far in the evening, since I do not have them on this PC.

So yeah, it will look a bit like a stubby killer, but in G36 style. :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha! I am doing this right now as well...a G36 patriot, effectively. My gears & stuff turned up this morning. Looking forward to seeing your pics before I take the hacksaw to the gas block :)

I used a dremel. :D

Although a hacksaw might be better for the handguard.

Just be patient for the pics, the handguard is already finished.

here they are.

I gave it some Krylon so that the cut is not to visible, which the flash nullifies, of course <_< .

I piece of advice for other cut-enthousiasts, be sure to wear very good goggles, like ski goggles.

I had a piece of plastic(very small) in my eye, it just went through right under my work glasses, up in my eye.

Also thry to cut it in one piece, like with a hacksaw or a circular saw, beware that it gets hot very fast.

The plastic just melts. Though my dremel hits 33,000rpm at full speed. :rolleyes:

1000875lg0.jpg

1000877me0.jpg

1000879kr5.jpg

1000878wy5.jpg

where would that battery go? or would you be using a sling? :)

Well, I have a Hybrid adapter and a 416 stock right here. :D

But!

It might be that this battery might just fit the hand guard.

It won't fit if I use a silencer, but with a normal outer barrer, it just might.

intellect-1400-9.6-ka-vltor_big.jpg

i think this will look really good once its done, its a simple enough mod which isnt over the top :D plus i like how youve kept with the HK lengths with regards to the holes in the heat shield, as the difference between C and K is 2 holes, and the difference between K and E is also 2, so now the difference between S and C is 2 lol. i dont think a stock adapter would look good IMHO, but then im a BIG fan of the G36 series, so i guess you could say im kind of a pureist lol.

I am still busy with the modification of the gasblock.

It's going to be trimmed of course but it's not easy. afterall I have to make sure the outer barrel is placed right.

I need the donor G36 first to be sure which should be on saturday. :)

and the endcap has already been ordered. ;)

aren't your RIS rails backwards? L's are on the right side, and R's are on the left.

LOL About time somebody noticed. :D

I know its backwards, but it's not that urgent to change. ;)

Can I suggest you get some very fine grit glasspaper and sand down the seam? I do the same thing on model aircraft, and if you use paper fine enough it will disappear entirely without leaving any scratch marks on the surface. Otherwise, great job, it looks fantastic so far.

cheers,

matt

This is the result so far.

The stock will be replaced by an end cap later on.

1000883zk3.jpg

Yes, the base is a TM G36c. Why? 2 reasons.

1. A new TM G36c at my 'Local'(need to drive at least 60km) shop costs 230,42€. Which is very cheap!

2. When it comes to G36's and V3 GB's TM rules!B)

And believe it or not, there is an 8,4v 1400mah battery in there.

If any one is discarding a Star or CA lower receiver(the pistol grip), please let me know. ;)

needs a lower rail, and DOESNT need the vert grip. i think the endcap will look fine personally.

another couple of cool things i guess would be one of those diddy little doctor reflex sights, and a shorty M203 of some sort modded with epoxy or something so that it melds in with the receiver and fills out the underside of the gun.

Archived