systema turbo motor problems

my systema motor just decided to stop working today in my gun. so i decided to pull it out and attach it directly to the wiring outside of my gun. when i pulled the trigger the motor was spinning, but it was spinning very slowly and i noticed that it started to get hot. oh and my battery was charged. thanks in advance

sorry for the double post, but i couldn't edit. i've managed to get the thing to spin at the speed i had it at before, but there seems to be no torque, like it can't pull an sp100 on a fully charged battery.

Sounds like you fried it. Just speculation, but from the sounds of what happened above and the current lack of torque it sounds like it's fried. I'm not surprised considering this is the 3rd one I've seen have this problem. The Turbo's just dont last as long as the Magnum's do and what you get with the magnum is a minor decrease in ROF which is totaly acceptable if you ask me. (Then again I'm not a ROF person)

If you open the motor up, you will almost certainly see black stuff on the end of the windings... this has happened to two of my motors in a row, and is seemingly a very common problem. Unless you fancy trying your hand at rewinding the armature, the motor has had it.

motor2-1.jpg

motor1.jpg

Well...I would think that people who buy turbo motors are usually going for a high speed set-up, and therefore are probably going to be using high voltage batteries, and low resistance wiring and connectors maybe, and are probably putting more stress then someone with a magnum. Then again, people with magnums are probably pulling much stronger springs, and I don't know whether FPS or RoF puts more stress on a GB.

Also take into consideration that this is a british forums, and(maybe they don't have the 328 rule anymore but...) there are a lot less high FPS threads, and a lot more RoF threads, it would seem. Not to mention(I might be a bit on the edge of my knowledge here) I've never really seen many AEGs over 450 FPS, and I think that you can get a much cheaper high torque motor which will be able to(perhaps) pull a spring at least 450, and probably about as high as you would, within reason, want your gun shooting.

So, just kind of thinking out loud, but in summary, people who use turbo motors are probably putting more stress, and using them to their full potential, and they are also a bit more popular. Whether or not any of that is true, I don't know.

P.S.:

The Turbo's just dont last as long as the Magnum's do and what you get with the magnum is a minor decrease in ROF which is totaly acceptable if you ask me. (Then again I'm not a ROF person)

Minor decrease in RoF compared to a Turbo? Or compared to any other motor?

Well...I would think that people who buy turbo motors are usually going for a high speed set-up, and therefore are probably going to be using high voltage batteries, and low resistance wiring and connectors maybe, and are probably putting more stress then someone with a magnum. Then again, people with magnums are probably pulling much stronger springs, and I don't know whether FPS or RoF puts more stress on a GB.

Also take into consideration that this is a british forums, and(maybe they don't have the 328 rule anymore but...) there are a lot less high FPS threads, and a lot more RoF threads, it would seem. Not to mention(I might be a bit on the edge of my knowledge here) I've never really seen many AEGs over 450 FPS, and I think that you can get a much cheaper high torque motor which will be able to(perhaps) pull a spring at least 450, and probably about as high as you would, within reason, want your gun shooting.

So, just kind of thinking out loud, but in summary, people who use turbo motors are probably putting more stress, and using them to their full potential, and they are also a bit more popular. Whether or not any of that is true, I don't know.

P.S.:

Minor decrease in RoF compared to a Turbo? Or compared to any other motor?

Minor decrease in ROF compared to the Turbo yes. The Magnum is a much torquier motor, and Torque and RPM is two things that one must be sacrificedt o get the other. I do have a friend who likes to use Magnums in ROF setups because the windings are much tighter (part of the more torque and RPM thing) and because it has less chance of frying itself. I've seen a fair number of AEG's in the 500+ range all of them use some form of high torque and high RPM motor like the Magnum or the Guarder IFTU and seem to do very well.

Minor decrease in ROF compared to the Turbo yes. The Magnum is a much torquier motor, and Torque and RPM is two things that one must be sacrificedt o get the other. I do have a friend who likes to use Magnums in ROF setups because the windings are much tighter (part of the more torque and RPM thing) and because it has less chance of frying itself. I've seen a fair number of AEG's in the 500+ range all of them use some form of high torque and high RPM motor like the Magnum or the Guarder IFTU and seem to do very well.

So what you're saying is, if I am building a high ROF setup it is best to use a Systema Magnum over the Turbo? How much is a "minor" decrease? I am shooting for minimum 30 fps with a 'nearly' complete overhaul of my gearbox. Can this be achieved with the Magnum? Will it work well with high speed gearsets?

So what you're saying is, if I am building a high ROF setup it is best to use a Systema Magnum over the Turbo? How much is a "minor" decrease? I am shooting for minimum 30 fps with a 'nearly' complete overhaul of my gearbox. Can this be achieved with the Magnum? Will it work well with high speed gearsets?

don't you think that is a little too slow

Archived