TM desert eagle

Bangla_Black

Hi. I'm interested in the TM desert eagle, and I have some questions.

1) I know that there is a metal frame in the plastic slide, but can it handle green gas safely for a long time. (temperatures may range from 28-20C, where I am)

2) Are there any good metal kits out there? I know Zeke, but its quite rare..

3) Whats the weight like, with a full metal kit?

4) Suggested upgrades?

5) Can it lock back a full mag?

6) FPS?

Any other information is welcomed.

1) I know that there is a metal frame in the plastic slide, but can it handle green gas safely for a long time. (temperatures may range from 28-20C, where I am)

People generally say so.

Nope, Zeke is the only one.

No idea on weight with the metal kit - Around 1,100g in standard form.

4) Suggested upgrades?

Tightbore? Anything else is a bit superfluous.

Do you mean AFTER firing a full mag? Generally so.

6) FPS?

315 or so.

Cheers.

First off have you seen how frickin big the slide is? If it was metal it would be such a gas ######.

Plus the plastic slide looks and feel a lot like metal. I would say my FPS on propane is about 320-330. That is ###### that it cant take propane, it does just fine. Besides, after shooting it on propane I could not go back to the kick on duster. The kick is MASSIVE on propane. About three times that of a TM M9 on green.

If it doesnt get to cold then it will lock back on a full mag. I have only had it not lock back when it doesnt have enough gas to do so, or it is too cold. Nothing to worry about bottom line.

The only upgrades I would do is a tightbore, maybe recoil springs if need a SUPER HIGH ROF. Stock the gun is just about perfect IMO. It's my favorite "pistol" *cough handcannon cough*.

It is very heavy stock, about 3lbs. It's the same weight as an unloaded DE.

theTM DE is the .50AE version.

the TM weighs 1100 grams.

the RS weighs about 2k unloaded.

not exactly the same IMO. You want the same weight? Buy the ZEKE kit.

even the lightest DE in RS weighs a good 1,5k.

Regarding it's performance, Green gas is the way to go.

Whatever they say, because it's plastic, they are just fooling themselfves or do not want you to be superior in fps power. :)

• 4 weeks later...

My TM Deagle WITH Zeke kit is absolutely flawless! I also have an upgraded tightbore inner barrel and upgraded recoil springs, to lock back the lug of metal they call a slide! I shoot with propane, and I get lockback every time, even if I fire in succession until the mag is empty. Absolutely my favourite pistol in my collection, although it is quite heavy, and I haven't taken her outto play yet, just basic backyard plinking.

Oh and I kinda two-toned mine with a bit of chrome..... :D

post-16928-1209497975_thumb.jpg

1) I know that there is a metal frame in the plastic slide, but can it handle green gas safely for a long time. (temperatures may range from 28-20C, where I am) <-- easily.... mines fine, and others handle it great. the metal takes most of the shock

Guarder is coming soon (Al)

hefty... its fairly heavy standard, metaled? dont expect your belt to stay up....

4) Suggested upgrades?

advanced recoil springs, high flow valves?

heh easily.... using green, at a NIGHT GAME in november in the uk, so 0c ish.... i got off 2 loads of ammo, and a half, off ONE fill of gas. they have a HUGE resevoir.

6) FPS?

on green, 300ish

Archived