KAC's STONER LMG from South Korea!

crazy4beat

Here's some pictures of KAC Stoner LMG from South Korea, which was shown in "Platoon Convention 2008" in South Korea. I am sorry but I can't find ways to post my pictures directly to this post. :( Here's a link.

http://blog.naver.com/crazy4beat/130030092188

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Manufacturer "TAG ARTS" in South Korea will soon release "Stoner LMG".

At "Platoon Convention 2008" in Seoul, South Korea, TAG ART brought their new LMG with newly-designed gearbox made by CNC process.

As you see in the picture, newly-designed mechabox seems to be essential to express LMG's unique body. (You will easily find a differrence when you compare with Airsoft Surgeon's LMG, which used "Marui Compatible" gearbox.)

However, most of internals are compatible with Marui compatible gearbox options. Upper & Lower receiver is easy to disassemble in a second.

A designer of "TAG ART" mentioned the color of samples in the picture will be changed, and minor finishing process is left for the production. Estimated release date will be 2008. May, and contracted to be sold in Japan, and HK, etc...

* The designer revealed their LMG can replace "M4" compatible stocks for customers' preferences.

Looks freaking Awesome !

Remember this being announced a while back although i wonder what the price tag will be.

I think you might be mistaken with the G&P one, wich is the only Stoner LMG i know reported off, besides ye old one by CL.

And the G&P one was the classic Nam era one iirc...

if not, then i've completely missed it... :unsure:

either way, KAC/stoner LMG am good = the more the merrier

edit: just spotted the 2008 convention thing, so nevermind, looks like i missed this one :P

What version of the Stoner LMG is that based on? It looks almost nothing like any one I've seen......

P.S. Oh, nevermind - I've just been to KAC's website. Alles klar.

But I'd rather see either the old version - or the Ultimax 100 LMG.

Makes me sad to know the motor is bouncing around in that handgrip. What a shame on that end

Im going to have to agree with that statement right there.

I really dont understand why they chose to have a free floating motor. They designed a mechbox from the ground up, why not go with a caged motor ala PGC, Version 6, 3, etc.

What a shame.

What kind of problems would one expect from a free float motor? Curious.

1) Motor alignment will need more maintenance than a caged motor.

2) Motor cages act as a heatsink, allowing more effective heat-dissipation.

3) Floating motors are actually insulated by the air and then the grip.

4) In a support weapon which will be used for long bursts, this is exceptionally important.

5) Floating motors are long-shaft motors. Short shaft motors has more torque.

More importantly at one point in time, unless you are the most ridiculous perfectionist, the thing will come out of alignment. It is just an inferior design compared to a caged motor. And *beep* will hit the fan when that happens. In heavier weapons its even worse as the grip flexes because its the fulcrum for the twisting and tilting. I know people are going to come on here and say, will i have beaucoup v2 that do not break, and i say use them more, they all will do it eventually. Even if you have been lucky for thousands of rounds, there is no argument that supports a v2 being a choice design for any gun.

And all systema has to do it make the PTW 490 motor or a derivative for AEG's that lock into place like its done on the PTW.

More information popped up on airsoftnews.eu:

I attached a few more photos from a designer from KAC LMG. :) I translated a little bit of info that I missed before.

Outbarrel can be ejected simply just like the real LMG, electric magazine is included in the picture. However, compatibility of MINMI magazines from CA, Top are not guaranteed, and might be needed a slight modification. (Please see details in the pictures.)

You can use 9.6v stick type battery, or external battery case. Hop-up is similar with Trigger Happy's M240, a dial type adjustment.

Link to gallery with latest pics here

Bit peeved about the gun not accepting box mags that are already on the market without user modification, I wonder if the modification will render them useless for any other gun (m249, etc)? Seems like a bit of an oversight on the manufacturers part...

Other then that the hopup adjustment seems nice, keen to see what the RRP will be like though.

Caged is better than un-caged, yeah, but as this use a normal AR-15 pistol grip I don't think they had much of a choice.

Besides, they have fixed the biggest problem of V2 gearboxes; the weak front.

This Stoner gearbox looks tough as nails near the front, lots of extra material where a normal V2 would break, and it looks CNC machined too.

Caged is better than un-caged, yeah, but as this use a normal AR-15 pistol grip I don't think they had much of a choice.

Besides, they have fixed the biggest problem of V2 gearboxes; the weak front.

This Stoner gearbox looks tough as nails near the front, lots of extra material where a normal V2 would break, and it looks CNC machined too.

Have you seen how easy the motor locks in on the PTW, its 1 freaking peice......

Archived