A & K News!

Frontiers

Folks at A & K informed me last night that they will cease production on M249 series for atleast the next 6 months so they urge all the wholesalers to order in stock as there will be a time when it wont be available(Reason was that they want to put other models on production and apparently they dont have too big facilities so something needs to go, so i could think that either prices go up on those or its just a fluke and they try to get people buy more of those :P anyways , ive warned you, dont blame me if you want to buy one and its sold out :)

Thanks for the heads-up! Thank god Ive decided toquit airsofting for a while (once Ive sold all my stuff, Ive got 900-1000 euros to spend on drugs, travelling, clothes and whores, yay!!). Hopefully theyll be back on the shelves when I get back.

Anyway, since you seem to be close to these guys, do you mind asking them when they are planing to bring out upper and lower RIS rails? They are loosing those products to G&P and CA and there is no reason why there shouldnt be 40$ M249 RISs. Some soft ammo bags (especially the round 200 rds one) would be nice too.

Thanks for the heads-up! Thank god Ive decided toquit airsofting for a while (once Ive sold all my stuff, Ive got 900-1000 euros to spend on drugs, travelling, clothes and whores, yay!!). Hopefully theyll be back on the shelves when I get back.

Anyway, since you seem to be close to these guys, do you mind asking them when they are planing to bring out upper and lower RIS rails? They are loosing those products to G&P and CA and there is no reason why there shouldnt be 40$ M249 RISs. Some soft ammo bags (especially the round 200 rds one) would be nice too.

I think the point of them stopping production of the M249 is to work on other models of guns, not to make accessories for that gun.

Anyways, I cant say this will affect me much, but I'd certainly like to hear what they're stopping production of such a popular model for. I hope its something unique that other clone companies havent come out with yet (ie not armalite, not AKS74U)

Keep us posted!

Anyways, I cant say this will affect me much, but I'd certainly like to hear what they're stopping production of such a popular model for.

Companies like VFC do this too. It comes from having a very small production space, so they can only build so many different types of guns. They'll crank out as much as they can of one gun, then change to producing something else. After a while they'll come back to the original gun.

Companies like VFC do this too. It comes from having a very small production space, so they can only build so many different types of guns. They'll crank out as much as they can of one gun, then change to producing something else. After a while they'll come back to the original gun.

I think every airsoft company does this... Tokyo Marui was notorious for it.

hmm, does this have any effect on echo1 M249s though? I remember them saying that they are not rebranded A&Ks, but they are still made in the same factories.

oldest trick in the book with Echo1, nothing they make or order somebody to make, they just buy the guns and probably do the boxes in US and change them with manuals and stuff. If they say that they would make things in the "same factory" same gun but not A&K ;) i wouldnt believe a word what they say on that.

Marui, seriously? I knew Tanaka and Western Arms, but I never would have thought of Marui. When did they do that?

It's nothing new. In densely populated Asia, Japan especially, land for factories is very expensive. They can't have a production line for every model they have, so they do a big production run. Once they get as many units as they need, the reconfigure the production line for a different model. Technically it becomes "out of production". People catch word of it and are all like "oh teh n0ez! no moar P90RDS!". Later, they can change their mind if the demand is high enough or if they run out and do another production run.

tl;dr nothing to see here, move along

Marui, seriously? I knew Tanaka and Western Arms, but I never would have thought of Marui. When did they do that?

This has been Marui's SOP since day one. It is not cost effective to build guns as the orders come in, rather you may several tens of thousand P90's (for example) and throw them in the warehouse, then gear up the same production line for the SIG 552 until you've built up enough a supply to fill your estimated orders for the forseeable future. Then you move on to the next gun. The PSG-1 hasn't been manufactured in years, all of the shops are just burning through the old stock. Marui still has it in the catalog because they fully have the capability to resume production on the item once supply gets critically low and demand for new units high enough to gear up one of their production lines for PSG-1 instead of M14's.

oldest trick in the book with Echo1, nothing they make or order somebody to make, they just buy the guns and probably do the boxes in US and change them with manuals and stuff. If they say that they would make things in the "same factory" same gun but not A&K ;) i wouldnt believe a word what they say on that.

echo1 is ust a rebranding company, they just slap a dif trademark and at 20 dpllars to the price.

echo1 is ust a rebranding company, they just slap a dif trademark and at 20 dpllars to the price.

see, that's what I thought

except echo1 M249s can be had for less than the A&Ks, which prompted the conclusion after some research way back that they came from the same factory, but were not made through A&K. But I guess not, or we'll see soon anyway.

This has been Marui's SOP since day one. It is not cost effective to build guns as the orders come in, rather you may several tens of thousand P90's (for example) and throw them in the warehouses of the dealers, then gear up the same production line for the SIG 552 until you've built up enough a supply to fill your estimated orders for the forseeable future.

Added part in italics. ;) Having stuff in stock means you got capital tied to something that doesn't make profit.

-Sale

see, that's what I thought

except echo1 M249s can be had for less than the A&Ks, which prompted the conclusion after some research way back that they came from the same factory, but were not made through A&K. But I guess not, or we'll see soon anyway.

interesting sidenote, Echo1 website is blocked in from China haha, i had to use www.anonymouse.org to access it.

http://www.echo1usa.com/ no work in China. www.airsoftgi.com sell M249 MKII with box mag for $350 same for M249 para model

www.airsplat.com sells those 2 for $249.95 i wonder whats the catch in airplat as so big difference.

Evike sells $350 each also and Evike sells A & K all 3 models for $350 a piece, where you saw that Echo1 is cheaper?

when the A&Ks were originally released they were ~400$ and the echo1s were 350$. the echo1s are still 350$, so about the same price as A&K. doesn't make sense to be selling the same product, plus warranty and "oooh fancy fake trades", for the same price as the original, unbranded product.

Maybe they aren't priced differently now, but the lack of the echo1's higher pricing still puzzles me

The difference in price between AirsoftGI and Airsplat is that Airsplat sells them without the "aluminum case" for it. Which to be honest, the case makes no difference to me so I would rather get it for $100 cheaper.

Quoted for Truth. This does suck though as I kinda wanted to buy a MkI when I get the cash... They could be outa stock. . Ohh noes! guess I'll have to spend it on something else lol :)

Already out at Gunner's and RSOV. Still in for an acceptable price at airsoft-war4.com, sunnywarehouse.com and aegarms.com. A bit more expensive (and only express shipping option) at WGCshop.com, UNcompany.com and airsoftglobal.com

Imagine they are making and M60E4....

Archived