VFC / MAPLE LEAF Airsoft Grenade MKIIIA2

Catman

Just spotted this on WGC:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-OT-TGJB_srch_1

vfc_ot_tgjb_l.jpg

- Gas-Powered Airsoft Hand Grenade for generating POP sound and ejecting BB shower in wide angle

- 72 BBs Capacity

- Robust Structure with Rubber Body

- Metal Case with Sticker for Display

- Light Weight without Metal Display Case, only 174g to lowering possibility causing injury

Well this snuck in from nowhere. No idea if this is an improved model but if it is I hope they got the timing under better control.

Looks ok for $62, might take a gamble :)

There's a few videos of it youtube but I think that maybe a previous/prototype model. The AI Tornado appears to be far superior - if this Maple Leaf grenade is anything like the Deep Fire ones then I'll be a little worried.

gentlemen we have been genuinely snuck by VFC.

I want to see a video since they claim wide angle.

I recall hearing the number 85 thrown around for the AA Tornado

Just watched the 3 videos i could find on youtube, looks like a good spread (well it would be..) and it seems to give a nice 'pop' when it goes off, the only thing thats really putting me off is the long delay on the fuse :(

This is the third part and claimed to be the actual release product.

The first and second vids I do remember seeing a few months ago. What I don't like is they didn't test the grenade lying down, which is how it would end up if thrown.

edit:

part 2 apparently has lying down and thrown tests. though these were of the prototype.

Tornado is probably going to win out due to the way it releases the BB's and stuff. I wonder how well this one will work in woodland environment since the tornado kind of is handicapped in that environment. I will probably invest in one of each.

They announced the grenade in Aug. I think they were just looking for a manufacturer.

Archived