Paintball Experience

CountDoom

Why i dislike paintballing.

For me, all i ever knew was paintballing... airsofting? WTH is that? I knew bb guns.

So anyway, i went paintballing for my birthday. Nice people running it and a nice site with a fort and everything... but...

The players were REALY bad. On one side (Blue team) the team was made up on 12 year old newbs who were like jelly, and on the other there was:

5, 18 year old dudes and 3, 30 year old pro gun nutz. The gun nutz had bandanas and kept on laughing at us on their little bench.

They even took the best gun from the rack and kept it in the safe zone!

So who do u think won? 8 Kids or the 8 of them?

We won 1 round out of the 4, and that was only because i finaly forced the kids to run into the enemy sector. I also ogt 2 bruises the size of large oranges. Like twice the size of a tennis ball, perfect shot though, whoever did it shot me right in the heart from 200 ft away, i was hunched in pain! Remembering it now i feel like i went to war on that day. Worse than Nam'!

So therefor i hate paintballing and all its snobby 30 year old bandana men.

How do you feel about it? Wats ure experience?

Xander

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many airsofters bash paintball just because others do? I say this because here in Spain there has never been anything like a "paintball community", but Spanish forums are full of anti-paintball threads, out of imitation of foreign attitudes (from countries where there IS paintball going on).

You won't find everyone bashing PB, I played for many years and have good memories from this time, Airsoft is cheaper and I am having as much (if not more) fun in this area. Besides paintball guns look funny and the P90 is ded sexy (mines called Wynona)

i was gonna say tha paintball is better IF you are on a stag do, and you and some mated just wanna run about inflicting serious pain upon eachother. it is far more gung-ho 'just run at 'em' mentality.................

but then i realised you can do this is in airsoft, and still be serious if you want. and its better.cheaper.realistic.varied.better.more interesting.better.did i say better

ARG! When did i say i was following the crowd hey?

Just saying i had one hell of a bad experience with it.

Plz tell me of bad football or airsoft games if you want :lol:.

Just needed to get the story off my chest. And as i hope came accross i am simply hating the 30 year old dudes who have wrecked the whole sport, i would have enjoyed it other-wise.

Xander

I dont hate paintball, I just love airsoft more. Its actually the love of firearm that led me to airsoft. I love the mechanics of guns and I can learn so much about them through airsoft.

In paintball, nothing in that sports resembles real firearm.....maybe the terrain.....but the clothings, guns, most of them anyways.

Yea, i have always been facinated by weapons. But i am not a gun nut... Its hard for others understand it realy. Most people think of them as killing machines... but the internals and design are the interesting bits + its the user that kills. (Sure u heard that before)

I don't love paintball. The ammo is far too expensive.

The last time I went after charging up the hill, two guys got hit by me on the way up and the third surrendered when I got there. :D pretty cool you'd think?

As I was looking around to see where the rest of my team was, right where I left them, the fourth guy shot my in the back at point blank range. Right on the kidney, hurt a heckoflot.

I think the scar has finally faded.

I prefer airsoft because suicide charges are much less painful if youy learn the correct "duck and weave" running method. :D

It's unfortunate that you has such a poor experience with paintball. I've played for many years (when all we had were pumps-yes I'm that old!). The sport is taking off here. We have two fine fields that are "family friendly" and newbies as well as pro's are invited.

Both fields take the time to evenly spread out the various abilities. Teams are usually 50-60 people and I've played several games where it was over 100 per team. Lots of newbies! Kids, Moms, Dads-all ages

They take special care to make sure the new guys are not lit up and some of the players will make a special example of those players that do it! Like-"he's now my mission in life". It does'nt happen often.

No shooting over 280fps (or your gone!), no shooting at someone under 20 feet away and a surrender rule (you yell surrender-he has a choice!).

We've had people as old as 70 play (they were pretty dam good too).

Please do not give up on paintball, just find a better field that has rules like the above and makes it fun and not a "painful" experience as you had.

By the way, I've taken some close airsoft BB hits on my arms that broke skin and bled pretty good.

QUOTE(Antagon @ Oct 2 2004, 10:22 AM)

Why the hell do people all feel compelled to compare the 2? Theyre completely different sports.

Well, they are very similar- except airsoft is with BB's and more realistic weapons.

Paintball is great when you take a shot at somone, and it hits them square on the mask- splatting em completely B) I also love the 'artillery' at the start of the round, where every player elevates their guns to about 45degrees and fires a few shots, hoping to hit someone at their base :lol:

I have noticed that 'softers tend to be quite hairy. And peel bananas with their feet. Hmm...

I don't see the point of dissing paintball. We all know the guns are overpriced lumps of plumbing and the game is played by, well, morons who need dirty great paint splashes to tell them they've been hit, 'cos their central nervous system isn't evolved enough to report pain quickly :lol: . So what's the problem? [/joke]

I have met plenty of people in Airsoft that act like jackasses.  Seems like they all play with SoCal Airsoft too.  Nothing wrong with SoCal though.

Word. So Cal is like the "it" place. All the fads start here, with fads come stupid kids. *coughairsoftricerocketscounterstrikeetcetccough*

I marshall and sometimes run both Paintball and Airsoft games down here in small olde Guernsey, as my mate runs both of these shows down here.

Lately, paintball has gone downhill in popularity while giving rise to airsoft.

I dont hate paintball but i love airsoft, i never diss anyone who plays paintball, i can see its fun, its fast and furious and u can have a lot of laughs while playing.

It just happens that my personal preference is with airsoft, i like the realism of the game, and the variety of objectives and sites we have. Over here we have 1 main site for both paintball and airsoft. But we have 4 more sites for airsoft.

But while marshalling paintball i still find it fun, especially when its a good group of ppl, time goes quickly, and that to me means its fun. Tho i dont play and i probably never will.

Airsoft is my thing, but paintball is by no means a bad thing.

i've had some bad experinces with paintball. In three days of playin i spent enough money on paintballs to buy a used Tokyo Marui aeg. man i wished i had that money back. also i hated getting shot. i jsut hurt way to much.

My story

Went paintballing at SWAT. It was really good fun.

Went home. Wanted paintball gun.

Was shocked at how expensive they were. Forgot about it.

Got a cheap springer from a market stall in Mold (N. Wales - never go there...). It was fun.

Looked on internet at buying another, better one. Was shocked at how cheap they were.

Ended up buying TM XM177E2 spring rifle. It was amazingly fun.

Wangled myself a TM G26 GBB out of my dad. Dad was not impressed. I was.

Got a TM G36C for my birthday. Was VERY impressed.

Went airsofting for the first time. AMAZING - way better than paintball IMHO. Thought I'd never look back.

Bought about 5 pistols. Sold most of them within a month, to buy a different one. Settled on KSC USP Compact.

Sold G36C, and bought P90. Fell in love.

Bought TM M1A1 Thompson. Was amazed at the quality, fell in love again...

I look back. Have spent far too much. Must spend more...MORE!!!

I am about to buy a KWA G19 with metal slide. Because I can. Yes.

Archived