KSC Navy Spec Sig P226

fiddlesticks4220

Interesting...

I have the Sig that KSC released last year but there has been next to nothing in aftermarket support available (apart from a crappy metal slide and a recoil spring)

Hopefully this will mean some more parts and accessories will be made available.

A few more pictures from KSC

http://www.ksc-guns.co.jp/mainn.html (Click the picture of the pistol)

Hopefully the threaded outer barrel will be available separatly (or theres always ordering through KSCs spare parts system) so my KSC P226r can have itself a silencer without me having to buy another P226. More aftermarket parts would be good too!

If only KSC would make a cheap non-railed SIG. I had high hopes when I saw the 'Navy" version in the title...sigh...

I did like how the FM and plastic KSC P226's I got to handle felt though. I wonder if KSC tweaked the gas system like they did on the latest FM 1911?

If only KSC would make a cheap non-railed SIG. I had high hopes when I saw the 'Navy" version in the title...sigh...

I did like how the FM and plastic KSC P226's I got to handle felt though. I wonder if KSC tweaked the gas system like they did on the latest FM 1911?

I know what you mean Rom, enough with the rails! Just give us a change for once.

What's the story with that silencer though? Is that an authentic reproduction do you think? I've never seen one like that before.

Im still really impressed with my KSC Sig and I keep saying it but if KSC would only support it more it would be a real challenger for the TM version. Hopefully they will push the new version more.

At first I bought a TM, but currently settled for the KSC plastic P226. I am predominantely a skirmisher and not a collector.

At 10m the TM is as it promised, hi-kick hi grouping, accurate and shoots well OOTB. However, it lacks any punch for outdoor and bush skirmishes. Gas efficiency on propane is just over 1 magazines worth. The grip is also a little too big, and doesn't feel right.

The KSC however, is the exact opposite. It shoots with fairly respectable power, so it has a lot of punch to be used in the bush, and it shoots just under 2 magazines worth og gas. However it shoots inaccurately, both in groupings and in point of aim. This is because the KSC's plastic inner bore of the outer barrel is mis-molded and shoots to the left. Their hop rubber is also the cause of the random groupings. So for me, elbow grease is required to get it shooting reasonable. The grips are the right size.

Looks and feel, TM feels glossy, but the plastic is a bit harder, KSC has a textured matt finish and looks good but the plastic is softer. TM is heavier and KSC is lighter but not by much. TM has a less realistic magazine while KSC has a good magazine.

Trigger gas release mechanism: TM one is very similar to their M9, while the KSC one is closer to their MK23/USP. Reliability I think TM one is better, but not to say the KSC one is buggy just needs more care.

Slide: TM plastic is harder and tougher than the KSC, which is more textured and more bendy, however the metal used in the slide the kSC is somewhat harder than the marui so for the slide catch area that may be a good thing as marui SIGs do wear at that area and eventually stops locking back.

Overall if no fuss, I would go TM, but the KSC at $98 is a bit cheaper than the marui.

But You see KSC produced a better replica. TM guns are always a little oversized. E.G Glock 17 and 18c

Tm make a better performing gun but at that cost. Also i found KSC try s to replicate the feel of a gun more accurately.

Also Company's like Nine ball seem to produce upgrades before the gun is released. or a little too quick. Making me think Nine ball and Tm are sharing the same bed from time to time. Ill Admit I am a little bit of a KSC fan boy but from a prettiness point of view they are usually better than Tm. But even ill admit Tm's usually perform better. And even mediocre TM's can be turned into brilliant bits of kit because of the upgrades. The only heavily supported Ksc guns are there glock range. Everything else gets so neglected. e.g. Cz75,M945,P230

Mini rant over.

Long live KSC :Dr_Evil:

Get the KJW SIG P226, the newest version has an enhanced loading nozzle, performs well, nice Hop-up, etc. Only drawback is, that the plastic used on the feeding Lips on the mags is a bit weak. But TM-Mags do fit and the aftermarket parts for the TM work as well.

I wonder if they will also release an after market barrel so those of us with the older 226 can put on a suppressor as well. I have had both TM and KSC 226. Personally I don't feel the need to upgrade every gun I get, so I got a KSC 226. In pure stock form, the KSC looks and feels much better. Don't get me wrong though, the TM has a much wider selection of after market parts which help if something breaks or if you simply want something more personal or custom. Either way I enjoy when KSC makes something. They've made some f my favourite gas guns. TMP, 93r, Mac-11.... I wonder why these so far are all capable of full auto...

If any KSC users know, does it shoot similarly to the USP .45? I found with the hop set for .25 bbs the USP .45 was powerful and quite accurate. Not quite up to a TM in range but close. I'm really looking into getting the KSC version, but I mostly want performance and might have to settle on TM.

The TM might preform well but you have to end up spending quite a bit of cash to get it looking good and you won't get a mauri 18c into a fobus holster without work, where my KSC 18c fits in perfectly, just a general comment on getting accessories. You can get a metal slide and a tight inner barrel for the KSC p226 so its not too bad.

Archived