Steyr AUG A3

Angry

I've just finished playing Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and I've taken a shine to the AUG A3. Does anyone know if any company has plans to make one?

I've tried searching, but one again I've run into the 3 character problem with the search engine. Whilst I'm on the subject I fully understand why there's a 4 character minimum limit, but can't there be some kind of exception list implemented?

Start_01.JPG

Yeah I've seen the RIS kits for them, but by the time you've started adding all the necessary parts its turned into quite a project and I'm not really that interested in doing that for an AUG. I just want to buy one and pull it out for a game every now and then.

Can't say I'm sorry, the A3 is a horrible ugly thing, with none of the graceful lines or flowing beauty of the A1/A2.

Its funny you say that because I feel exactly the opposite. The A1/A2 is just too slimmed down for my liking, whilst the A3 has an element of ruggedness about it.

See the Steyr FAQ thread and the AUG Pics thread for more information about fitting the kit.

"All necessary parts" means the screws, rails, etc. that you need to put the kit together, however, neither kit comes with a replacement inner barrel.

The short kit needs an M14 500mm inner barrel, as the 509mm inner barrel from a stock AUG is visible through the flash excluder. That might not bother some people, but I think it looks ######.

No idea how long an inner barrel that "sniper" version can take. Never actually seen anyone using one.

I've no doubt that its a piece of ######. Maybe I should have said that I can't be arsed paying $250 for a gun and then another $250 for an RIS that turns it into an AUG that looks something like an A3. At the end of the day I doubt very much that it'll get skirmished very often, so I'll quite happily wait for CA, or whoever, to bring an A3 out.

I thought that echo1 was coming out with a A3. What you could do is get a JG/Echo1 AUG and stick the RIS kit on that, it would be cheaper and you wont be using it too much.

I think the shotshow 2008 thread had some info on an A3, search for that thread.

I've been wanting an A3 for years since I got my TM AUG. But now I've traded it away last week since I'm not willing to pay for a $200+ A3 kit. I think the best bet would be waiting for Echo1 or someone to make a stock AUG A3 in a smaller price range. The A3 looks magnificent.

Archived