New KSC race Glocks

ViciousV10s

Interesting. Im really not a fan of IPSC style pistols more of an IDPA fan myself but thats still pretty cool simply due to the fact that there's now another straight frame model on the market.

Love the Schuey slides, love the KKM barrels, but I'm not paying $200+ for a stock KSC Glock. Sorry.

No kidding, at that price you are paying about the same as buying a plain G34, and getting the Boomarms Shuey kits. IIRC some of those came with KKM barrels as well... although I may be thinking of the SD Caspian kits with regards to that. Either way, then you'd actually have metal with the same markings, and any of the frame mods you wanted could be done later to your own liking.

That's cool. Just not a big fan of Glocks because of their horrible ergonomics and it's pointability. Hold a Glock 17 in your hand then a Sig P226R-then tell me the difference.

I actually find Glocks to be quite comfortable. It's easy to draw from a holster and just feels secure in your hands. I'm pretty picky about pistols too - I like Glocks, M1911A1s, P226s, and USP Compacts, and the P99 and that's about it. I really think the Glock is perfectly comfortable. I will admit, though, that it can't hold a candle to the P99. That thing feels like it's part of your hand.

That's cool. Just not a big fan of Glocks because of their horrible ergonomics and it's pointability. Hold a Glock 17 in your hand then a Sig P226R-then tell me the difference.

QFT. Glocks just want to point up, as soon as I take one in hand. A Sig, on the other hand, wants to point where I want the BBs to go.

In my experience I have found that my hand becomes accustomed to whatever pistol I use regularly. In other words, if I normally use a SIG it is hard to point a Glock. If I use a Glock it becomes difficult to point a SIG. IS this true for others?

More on topic, what is the possibility that we will see after market support for these (i.e. similarly styled metal slide so that these can be reliably run on green).

Are you going to buy one for review Junior?

In my experience I have found that my hand becomes accustomed to whatever pistol I use regularly. In other words, if I normally use a SIG it is hard to point a Glock. If I use a Glock it becomes difficult to point a SIG. IS this true for others?

I agree completely. Before I purchased my first 1911 I had only ever used Glocks so when I first held a 1911 it was quite a shock.

But I have definitely become comfortable with both now, as you said it was just a case of becoming accustomed to the change.

Funny i thought the G34 was ugly :P I don't like that flat bit on the grip.

I find Glocks quite comfortable, my G23F is nice fit in my hand and shoots well. I have slightly small hands too.

However at the price of that Glock 35 I think I'll just stick with my 23F

More on topic, what is the possibility that we will see after market support for these (i.e. similarly styled metal slide so that these can be reliably run on green).

Are you going to buy one for review Junior?

I really want to pick one up. Don't know if I can afford it, but if I do, I'll definitely do a little review on it. I can't image how different it's actually going to shoot over the other G17's and G34's. For a race Glock the flat back strap really is a plus (for me at least) so I would go with the G34. It gives you the 1911/2011 feel but still keeps a similar look to a traditional Glock.

Now what I'm hoping for is that they actually did re-work the internals a bit. KSC Glocks can sure benefit from a re-design of the hop up.

What I'm really looking forward to though is hopefully more slides being released. I really wonder why aftermarket support is going downhill with them....

I actually find the Glock 17 grip to be rather comfy, so I'm not sure about the flat back-strap. I'm also torn on the looks of the long-nosed G34; the small G17 and G19 guns just look more proportionate. These guns look kinda fugly to me, but beauty is in the eye I guess....

QFT. Glocks just want to point up, as soon as I take one in hand. A Sig, on the other hand, wants to point where I want the BBs to go.

I was going to make a big "AHEM!" here, but held my horses. Words of truth follow:

This is true for any human being. Practice with a Glock, you get accustomed to it. Do the same with any other pistol, same thing. For me, a Glock points perfectly, while with others I point down and miss the front sight easily. It's not that the Glock is good or SIG Sauer is bad, or the other way around or any way around. It's just what you've learnt to do.

For a Glock-jockey like me, a good trick when using a 2011 or 1911 is to install a curved backstrap, to alter the grip closer to a Glock's angle. The straight frames for Glocks are made for the opposite reason: To make them suit the 1911-crowd better.

On the topic, I do like the adjustable sights on those things, but maybe a TM G17 with a Shuey G34 slide would be more my thing. If I do anything to the grip, I prefer to do it myself.

-Sale

Whenever I see news of a new Glock I always look in the hope that somebody will have releases a gun featuring an unrailed frame.

Alas, these are just parts-bin specials. :(

Also, the stuff about ne gun being "more natural" than another is just silly IMO.

Announcing that you can't get on with a particular pistol is just proclaiming your ignorance IMO.

"Hey, I'm too thick-headed to learn any new stuff".

Archived