Magpul PMAG to be released in June

DecReg_Jupiter

I emailed magpul about the PTS mags and where i could get them. In the reply email I found out this

Dear Bryan,

How are you? Thanks for your interest in our products.

Please be advised that Magpul PTS magazine has been discontinued. Our airsoft version PMAG will be launched in coming June.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question.

Regards

Samuel Lam

Manager

Magpul Professional Training and Simulation Division

I searched and didnt see any news on this. I hope this is news to other people besides myself.

Orca had mentioned to me that Magpul PTS were aiming at making them midcaps. Magpul PTS was under the impression that their original standard capacity PTS mags with Ranger Plates failed because they were standards. To be honest, I think they failed because they had that big huge Magpul PTS trademark on the side, not because they were standard vs. midcaps. Personally, I would have bought them if they didn't have the trademark on the side... well that and that they were over priced.

Hopefully the price of these won't suck. That and they HAVE to FEED correctly... everytime.

Like previously mentioned if they dont feed then they wont sell.

I really hope G&P isnt making them as G&P magazines are garbage.

Im crossing my finger that they contracted with MAG to make these magazines. If they did then we can all expect great things.

The old PTS mags where fine in capacity and external design. But the BB retaining latch was to short. This design flaw was/is easy to fix, but never the less time consuming when you have like 10-12 units.

I'm a little sad that the Pmags will be mid caps, as danish milsim rules state that only magasines with a maximum capacity of 80 bb's can be used. I hope they will be easy to modify to accommodate this rule. I also hope the mags will be single stacked as they have less feeding issues than those double stacked mid caps available at the moment.

Just a note, I have NEVER had a problem with G&P mids. Out of the 12 I've had which include both MP5 and M4/M16 mags they have always fed in CA, G&P, Marui, and JG guns. It just seems to be luck with these things and as for externals, you can't really beat em'.

Just a note, I have NEVER had a problem with G&P mids. Out of the 12 I've had which include both MP5 and M4/M16 mags they have always fed in CA, G&P, Marui, and JG guns. It just seems to be luck with these things and as for externals, you can't really beat em'.

Agreed ;)

Their motor's are fantastic as well :D

D00d!

FN SCAR or HK416 + PMAG = ub3r 1337 sechs

Unfortunately the PMAG don't fit the 416 - at least in Realsteel they don't, due to the different size and shape of the 416s magazine well compared to a standard AR15 lower.

These will probably be midcaps. They will probably not be G&P, at least form my last discussion with Sam on the subject. Keep in mind the outer PMAG airsoft bodies were shown at Shotshow 2008 already,

post-532-1209087220_thumb.jpg

Airsoft PMAG Body on far right. Airsoft PMAG floor plates in middle (Real ones only have the large oval hole)

so the delay was mainly due to finding a insert for these. They will also probably not be MAG since MAG uses a full injection molded body instead fo an insert style of mechanism (Will rule out Star as well). My preference would by the 160 Midcaps by S.ARMS, but that's really wishful thinking on my end ;)

Considering Magpul PTS will be the exclusive manufacturer of the Airsoft PMAG, I a little surprised they did have the insert molding made themselves. That way they can ensure the quality will be high and the inserts work perfectly with the PMAG. The molding would only cost them $4000-5000, and the unit cost would be stupidly cheap. So long as they make their PMAGs feed reliably they could conceivably make their R&D and materials investment back very quickly and enjoy a nice tidy profit.

Failing that, S.Arms would indeed be the ideal insert for this.

I've taken RS PMAGs and fitted them with airsoft internals. With a little lovin, they work just dandy in a SCAR :D

SCAR w/ PMAGs looks way hot.

<cough>Post Pics</cough>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived