DragonRed

Edmiles

Okay so I'm after an Eotech replica that is only stocked by an Asian (China or Taiwan) retailer called DragonRed. I have never ordered from them before, however I came across this distubing thread after googling them: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/index.php?showtopic=97508

Anyone have any experience with them? I really would like this sight but I sure don't want to get scammed for it.

Thanks.

I've ordered a few things from them without fail.

However, one time I ordered the wrong item. I was in a rush, so ordered the item I had intended before returning the other.

I got an authorization number and sent the first item back. It was refused back to me and I never got the PayPal refund, so that wasn't so great.

But ordering products, no issues for me at all....

My payment for couple of Eotech replicas (my first order) from DragonRed has been sent with PayPal on 19 April 2008.

Got the package tracking number from DragonRed through PayPal on my e-mail on 25 April.

Everything seems to be fine for me (I didn't expect same day dispatch and next day delivery =)))

Sure, parcel will be delivered as quick as any parcel from Hong Kong.

Also, communications with guy from DragonRed was simply excellent and he responded promptly to all my e-mails.

Very pleased with DragonRed service and... looking forward for my parcel =) =)

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the almost necro post :P

I might need to return something to dragonred and i noticed on their return policy that the buyer has to pay all the postage fees of returning and resending even if the product itself arrived faulty.

Is this really how they do things? Has anyone had experience of returning faulty goods to dragonred?

I might need to return something to dragonred and i noticed on their return policy that the buyer has to pay all the postage fees of returning and resending even if the product itself arrived faulty.

Quite often if you include the receipt for the postage in the parcel they will refund the return postage if it does turn out to be faulty. Don't know about Dragonred though.

Sorry for the almost necro post :P

Is this really how they do things? Has anyone had experience of returning faulty goods to dragonred?

Yeah, my Eotech 552 arrived faulty and I had to pay the return postage :(

A bit tight if you ask me..

Thanks for the reply guys :)

Maybe i've been spoilt by Ebaybanned's excellent returns policy. When my ris was faulty, they asked me for a picture and then refunded me my money and told me i didn't have to send the item back when i offered to.

Tom Lawson - Out of interest, what was wrong with your one? Did you have to pay postage for the return and the resend as it says on that page?

Tom Lawson - Out of interest, what was wrong with your one? Did you have to pay postage for the return and the resend as it says on that page?

Not sure, it worked for about 5 minutes out of the box (with Duracell AA batteries, not the Chinese ones they send) and then the reticule stopped showing in the screen.

Yeah, I had to pay the return postage and send it back to them, but they did give me a refund even before I had sent it, which was good.

Hope that helps,

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

well, i hope this is not necro posting, but people need to be informed about this.

I purchased a replica eotech from Dragonred and not to long ago the elevation nub broke off, with a gentle turn. So i sent several emails, which dragonred ignore the first couple. they told me that they couldnt do anything. So I told them that they refunded another user for the same problem and they told me that it was against their policy. so i sent them a few more emails, including one with a picture of the damage, and they are completely ignoring me.

I also left a bad review on their website and they keep on deleting it.

when i was buying stuff, they gave me lighting fast service, but when i have a problem, they dont want to deal with me at all.

Well you could order from them, have them take your money and then not ship anything. Then when you mail them about not getting anything they could simply ignore you. NEVER replying to your emails. Eventually you will try to cancel the purchase and the bank will return the money to you. It is at this point that they will either email you about your order or ignore you completely.

That is my only experiences with them. So...yeah.

well, i cant do anything, if theyre ignoring my emails. =/

First of all, I am sorry for the faulty product. However as I know from my colleagues, Mr. RedScare tried to return a product that has been used for over a month and broken. Just as many other HK, china retailers, we can't provide warranty on ACM products due to the poor QC. We tested our products before shipping out and if the product was faulty out of box, we do exchange or refund.

First of all, I am sorry for the faulty product. However as I know from my colleagues, Mr. RedScare tried to return a product that has been used for over a month and broken. Just as many other HK, china retailers, we can't provide warranty on ACM products due to the poor QC. We tested our products before shipping out and if the product was faulty out of box, we do exchange or refund.

You represent Dragon Red? :huh:

I don't know the details of RedScare's case, but i do know about the 552 that i bought from you.

If you guys check them before sending out, then you need to check them better. Evidently no-one checked the attachment thumbscrew on my 552 and i had to clean the thread myself. You may consider this a minor thing, but at the end of the day I paid some hard earned money for a product that doesn't work properly until i fix it :(

I don't know the details of RedScare's case, but i do know about the 552 that i bought from you.

If you guys check them before sending out, then you need to check them better. Evidently no-one checked the attachment thumbscrew on my 552 and i had to clean the thread myself. You may consider this a minor thing, but at the end of the day I paid some hard earned money for a product that doesn't work properly until i fix it :(

I am sorry to hear that. For scopes/flashlights, we turn it on and try the basic features( brightness adjustment, green/red switch etc ). However I admit we can't test a product thoroughly. ACM products always have little this or that issues due to the nature of this airsoft business in china. Tome You may ask for 5% discount in your future purchase.

I've ordered several products from dragon red with no problems whatsoever. What I do love is the speedy shipping (took me more than 2 weeks to get an order from ebaybanned). Will definitely keep ordering from again (until my yearly trips to asia of course)

Archived