US airsoft players are being attacked under the radar by our politicians

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"They range from prohibiting imitation firearms in vehicles to banning the toys from convenience stores."

Doesn't sound like banning airsoft to me. Who here got their ICS M4 or KA FAL from the local gas station? Didn't think so.

"Tennessee lawmakers are considering a proposal by state Rep. John Deberry to make it a misdemeanor to intentionally display or expose "an imitation firearm in a public place in a threatening manner."" Again, not "outlaw"ing airsoft; in fact, most airsoft forums condemn this kind of idiotic behavior anyway.

"In Florida, state Sen. Gary Siplin has a bill that would prohibit individuals from carrying a paintball gun in a vehicle." Not even airsoft-related.

"New Jersey state Sen. Bob Smith has proposed legislation that would make it a crime to remove the tips or "obscure" a firearm by adding a tip to it." Again, doesn't outlaw airsoft, though does admittedly reduce its "realism" (especially among snipers). But just ask Portugal.

I personally would support most of those laws passing. It really isn't the cops fault, and we should have an effective way to punish people who use airsoft guns improperly. The only thing that bugs me is the tip-removing bill, but at the same time I'd be able to live with it.

Airsoft really needs to organize in the US... Some kind of an organization needs to properly and officially hand out permits to purchase replicas. Maybe something along the lines of UKARA and the VCRA but less stringent to control minors and the occasinal adult from perfroming ignorant acts in public. I've spent too much money and time to build and maintain a hobby I truly love...

What do you all think about a registration program like firearms for airsoft?

Airsoft really needs to organize in the US... Some kind of an organization needs to properly and officially hand out permits to purchase replicas. Maybe something along the lines of UKARA and the VCRA but less stringent to control minors and the occasinal adult from perfroming ignorant acts in public. I've spent too much money and time to build and maintain a hobby I truly love...

What do you all think about a registration program like firearms for airsoft?

I ill stand behind that 100%.

I love this hobby and ill be damned if im going to let the morons ruin it for me.

Is it just me or is it true that the morons in the general public are the ones that incite the moron ignorant politicians to ban things? It seems as though ignorance and idiocy comes hand in hand.

Alot of retailers and players originally complained about the UKARA but for anyone thats registered, is it REALLY that bad?

I would have no problem registering myself as a skirmisher if it was going to satisfy some politician in Washington. I had to jump through "hoops" to purchase my real guns. Believe me, its really NOT that bad.

Does anyone else find the idea that a magic orange tip is really going to keep a cop from shooting you if you wave a gun at them?

Also I have to question the articles fact checker. I've never heard of a law that requires that airsoft guns have orange tips. Import regulations say they have to have orange tips to be brought into the states and certain states require them but I've never seen a law that says they are required.

Just the other day while we were playing, A bunch of kids with Springers showed up on the other side of the field and played with no protection..

I stand with that law.. It needs to be more strick with kids and buying Easy to get guns.. With all of the new China AEGs, thats the downfall with it...

I don't get how banning it from being in vehicles work. I mean there would be no way to transport the thing unless you were on foot. I am down for UKARA or VCRA type deal only thing is enforcing it along with private sales. A lot of people when they do private sales don't age check or anything. It is too easy for people to abuse airsoft.

Banning from vehicles would like regard to leaving them in view outside of a case of bag were they could be secured.

Regardless of orange tip anyone attepting to rob a store with a IF should be treated no different than if they were holding a real gun. Police should always consider the gun as real if it is being misused and should respond accordingly.

Removing these guns from walmarts and kmarts is a welcome idea to me, this is were most of the idiots who misuse them aquire them.

Waving an airsoft gun in public view even on private property in sight of the road or passing people should be(pretty sure it already is) illegal and only allowed in closed private or dedicated areas.

Orange tips under federal law for transport, at the moment it is state law that would require them to be permanent

Other than the attitude there was really nothing in the article I couldn't agree with and I do not feel we are under attack... More regulation is welcome to me so long as they are willing to include exceptions that allow us to own and use airsoft guns responsibly.

Regards,

-Dale

It doesn't look like anything that hasn't been tried before or is already law in some states.

I personally would dance a jig if a law was passed requiring registration or an age limit.

I would again dance a jig if a federal law was passed making it an act of terrorism to record a video of your shirtless friend getting shot with an aeg and posting it on Youtube. Seriously, track the IP and launch a fruitcaging cruise missile.

I really can't deal with orange tips. I keep orange/red muzzle caps on at all times unless they're in use (obviously).

Although, orange paint is un-acceptable to me as it degrades the training effectiveness. Which is what I use it for.

I don't want to have to go to a shooting range and spend $1 a pop. Airsoft is cheaper, and is easier, as you can do it on your own land. I can't take an M4 in my backyard into my miniature mout course and blast targets with it.

Airsoft is a true means of training. I know Army SOF guys who appreciate it. However, I treat them as firearms. That's part of the training.

Wal-Mart airsoft guns being revoked would solve a lot of problems. All the idiots I know

get them locally at cheapo stores like Big5, little marts etc.

I really think they should let up on these laws. If someone REALLY wants a firearm ('gun'),

they'll get it. Perhaps better training to police officers, stronger cautions for parents allowing

airsoft gun ownership.

Just because you can get your ankles broken in soccer, do you make people stop selling soccer balls?

(I know it's an extreme example, but I think you guys get what I'm saying)

Thank you for this information...

keep us posted?

Archived