Systema MP5 Challenge Kits

vbtb110

$880

TW5-CK-A4_L.jpg

Systema PTW Professional Training Weapon Professional Challenge Kit TW5-A4 (2008 Version)

Systema releases this full training weapon kit of PTW5-A4, it means this kit which includes all parts need to be assembled. Full metal body without trade mark, english assembly instruction included, suitable for experienced user. If you want to try systema high quality AEG series and have confidence to assembly this kit, we recommend you get this kit and save a lot compare with buying a finished one.

This PTW5-A4 features a one-piece die-cut metal body that has been produced to realize an unimaginable levels of strength and durability. Like the other guns in the Systema P.T.W. range, the PTW5-A4 replicates the dimensions of the real steel equivalent; the main receiver has the same dimensions of the real one, thus parts used with the real steel, such as a scope mount, can be used with no hassles. Even with parts such as the grip frame, share the same dimensions as the real one. All this helps to make this a premier training tool of choice.

The control unit is adopted from the previous gearbox system, although has improved performance, able to endure a higher temperature generated thus making it even more reliable than before. The computer also allows the PTW5 to operate in semi auto, 3-burst auto and full auto modes. Note that this is the first one on the airsoft market with 3-burst mode! The motor utilizes a steel magnet case and an exclusive PTW5-specific 480 type motor. The PTW5-A4 will come standard with the M90 Spring Cylinder Unit.

Like the previous M16 series, this PTW5 maintains an interval dimension, between the outer and inner barrel of only ±0.05mm; the outer barrel is produced using Systema's method of metal shaving. The inner barrel incorporates an internal diameter of 6.04mm.

Systema recommend using a 9.6v 2400mAh battery, the stock is plenty of room to store a large battery and the maximum sized battery that can be used is a 12v 2400mAh battery. Battery not included.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24575

Cheap cheap cheap, and it looks like they have a suppressed model in the works.

Woo!

Oooh, bargain.

Instead, I think I'll take my CA MP5 to bits and put it back together again for a nett cost of £0. :P

Why oh why don't chinese manufacturers take a leaf out of Systema's book and start doing this?

Seriously, if they sold guns as kits and knocked $30 off the price it'd be a win-win situation. They'd save money cos they wouldn't have to pay people to build the guns and we'd prefer it cos we wouldn't have to take them to bits and rebuild them properly.

In the mean time, any gun that costs $900 had better be fully-built for me. ;)

isn't ICS building a new mp5 with split gearbox?

if so I'd rather have the ICS.

ditto, althought the systemas do look very nice. over here the prices are (as ever) jacked up, I think we're talking £700 ($1400).

off topic, any news on the ICS

A wise man told me (and I shall not mention my source) that the SCK are actually rejected rifles. Now, he was quick to tell me that what they call a "reject" and what we would call a reject are two different things, he said that for Systema to reject a body or component (and we're not talking scrap now! bear this in mind) you'd be looking a slight imperfections in tolerance or surface finish etc.....now rather than simply throwing or scrapping the components, they package them together in SCKs.....

The reason why SCKs don't have the Systema logo on, is because Systema doesn't want to be associated with 1) a lower quality product, or 2) Some numbtys shoddy build ability.....so whan you see the thing go terminal on the field, you can quickly indentify the problem lies with the end user as opposed to directly with Systema. This also justifies the lower price you pay (in general) for a SCK.

Now, this is what I was told....I'm not sure if its gospel, or just his idea.....I'm sure Systema won't back up these statements as being fact :D, But I must admit, it made sense....as I could never understand why a company like Systema would construct Challenge Kits? what purpose do they serve, and why would anyone in their right mind pay more for exactly the same parts, when you can buy it cheaper and put it together yourself!

Yes this is true i have heard it from systema themselves. Also if you go on there websites they also have a grading systems for guns that come off the assembly line but arnt that bad that they are a challege kit but just lower quality systema's but again also cheaper. Rather than just thowing them away they put them out as challenge kits. Cant say i blame them but i think they do still have markings. As you can check the serial numbers on them with systema and they will tell you if it started as a kit or built at the factory for example. I think the Mp5's just dont have markings due to the whole umarex thing.

they are for sale over here now Airsoft Armoury have them at £700 a piece i wouldnt pay more than £450 for the challege kit as they seem far less quality controlled and unreliable. Or at least with the Armalite series anyway.

any mechanical device is only as good as the person who put it together.

A wise man told me (and I shall not mention my source) that the SCK are actually rejected rifles. Now, he was quick to tell me that what they call a "reject" and what we would call a reject are two different things, he said that for Systema to reject a body or component (and we're not talking scrap now! bear this in mind) you'd be looking a slight imperfections in tolerance or surface finish etc.....now rather than simply throwing or scrapping the components, they package them together in SCKs.....

The reason why SCKs don't have the Systema logo on, is because Systema doesn't want to be associated with 1) a lower quality product, or 2) Some numbtys shoddy build ability.....so whan you see the thing go terminal on the field, you can quickly indentify the problem lies with the end user as opposed to directly with Systema. This also justifies the lower price you pay (in general) for a SCK.

Now, this is what I was told....I'm not sure if its gospel, or just his idea.....I'm sure Systema won't back up these statements as being fact :D, But I must admit, it made sense....as I could never understand why a company like Systema would construct Challenge Kits? what purpose do they serve, and why would anyone in their right mind pay more for exactly the same parts, when you can buy it cheaper and put it together yourself!

Ive speculated about that for months now. Whether or not its true still remains to be seen.

Yes this is true i have heard it from systema themselves. Also if you go on there websites they also have a grading systems for guns that come off the assembly line but arnt that bad that they are a challege kit but just lower quality systema's but again also cheaper. Rather than just thowing them away they put them out as challenge kits. Cant say i blame them but i think they do still have markings. As you can check the serial numbers on them with systema and they will tell you if it started as a kit or built at the factory for example. I think the Mp5's just dont have markings due to the whole umarex thing.

Um no, those are NOT sck's, those are something else all together. SCK's would be considered A spec kits, not B and C grade kits. The european distributor, ie zilch set up a deal with systema to retail these "defective" kits. They are NOT scks'.

Ive speculated about that for months now. Whether or not its true still remains to be seen.

Um no, those are NOT sck's, those are something else all together. SCK's would be considered A spec kits, not B and C grade kits. The european distributor, ie zilch set up a deal with systema to retail these "defective" kits. They are NOT scks'.

i no isnt that what i said? or at least was trying to say. They also have a grading system AS WELL AS the challege kits.

Oooh, bargain.

Instead, I think I'll take my CA MP5 to bits and put it back together again for a nett cost of £0. :P

Why oh why don't chinese manufacturers take a leaf out of Systema's book and start doing this?

Seriously, if they sold guns as kits and knocked $30 off the price it'd be a win-win situation. They'd save money cos they wouldn't have to pay people to build the guns and we'd prefer it cos we wouldn't have to take them to bits and rebuild them properly.

In the mean time, any gun that costs $900 had better be fully-built for me. ;)

Actually there a good reason why china's manufacturers don't so this.....

With the loose tolerance that the ACM parts are built to there's only one way to figure out whether the individual parts work in a complete AEG, and that's to put it into a complete AEG :)

Just use a "complete" ACM aeg for a bit and you'll know this makes sense hehe

I had a quick fondle of the PTW5 at the shop and to be fair it does feel very very solid. Sadly i don't have any experience with other MP5 AEGs so i can't compare. Though i did hear that the first batches had some trouble holding onto their mags :-O

The european distributor, ie zilch set up a deal with systema to retail these "defective" kits. They are NOT scks'.

Really? I never knew this.....which isn't surprising, as theres much I don't know about Systema....but, where can one purchase one of these B or C grade rifles? and how much cheaper are they?.....

note to self: must remember, theres no such thing as a free lunch....repeat 100 times :D

Really? I never knew this.....which isn't surprising, as theres much I don't know about Systema....but, where can one purchase one of these B or C grade rifles? and how much cheaper are they?.....

note to self: must remember, theres no such thing as a free lunch....repeat 100 times :D

Shrug, i dont know if they were ever offered in the US and the UK. When i say "defective" i mean that even a C grade has perfect internals it just has tool marks, scratches or some other imperfection on the externals that prevent it from being sold as "new".

Yea, but that doesn't prevent them from failing, we had 5 PTWs in our team and with each the motor or the red Cylinder failed.

From a 1600 bucks gun I expect the motor to run longer than for three games.

and if you want a good MP5, go with the G&G, there you will get unmatched after-sales support! Unlike Systema who do not even respond to complaints of failed PTWs, not even if a dealer wrote it!

Yeah, but the problem with recommending G&G as an alternative, is that G&G have a worse rap with their internals! Yes, their weapons might be "cheaper" than Systema, but I'd imagine the reason why their aftersales department is so good, is because they've had plenty of practice.

I'm not saying that Systema am bestest, but it seems to me that EVERY company has a gremlin on the back seat, theres not one company out there (outside of say, TSI Armouries) which has a completely clean service record.

Very true....very true....however, we have to look at this in terms of market.

Lets use cars as an example. A "poor" man will spend £8000 on a Ford Fiesta, a "rich" man will spend £90000 on an Aston Martin V8 Vantage......both will be equally hacked off if their car breaks, however, the "rich" man won't think, damn I wish I'd bought a Fiesta.

If the "poor" man saves all his life to buy the Aston Martin, he will adjust his expectations of the vehicle in relation to the effort expended to attain it, in other words when his Aston breaks down, he'll be really, REALLY, ###### off!

Is the Aston a better car than the Fiesta? in some respects yes, in others no.....the whole point though, is that Aston doesn't build cars for people who only have £8000 spend on a car! The market they aim at won't even look at a Fiesta to make a comparrison.....why would they.

Now, why do we think Systema is any different? Their market share is the people who have £1000s to spend on their hobby, not people who want to spend £100s.....if you like, G&G are the Ford Fiestas in this comparrison. Comparing the two isn't any more justified than comparing the Aston to the Fiesta.

Now, I want to add here that I don't defend Systemas pricing anymore than I do Ferraris vehicle pricing ( and I work in the luxury car industry, so I know what goes into these vehicles ;) ) you can get vehicles that do what a Ferrari does for a lot less money.....but the point is, if you can afford a certain object and want to spend the money, then judge the object on its own in isolation...if you find yourself comparing to a cheaper product then I can say with 100% certainty that the more expensive product wasn't designed for you or your budget...and basically its your look-out if you over extend yourself.

All things will break down, its one of those pesky natural laws....things will break, prestige, high end luxury items break and fail.....money does not buy perfection, money simply buys you a product....you guys say things like "ohh, if I spend £1000 on something it should fly me to the moon and back, and shine my shoes on the way..."...however, for £300 it can blow up in my face and cause third degree burns, but don't you realise that its all relative....to some people £1000 is nothing, its less than nothing, and to others £300 is a years wages!

Archived