Hurricane SR47 kit

Ou811

Hey guys,

Ive recently fallen into quite a large sum of money and am quite eager to buy some new airsoft goodies :D. Ive been eyeing the hurricane sr47 conversion kit but Ive got a few questions. I guess Ill make a little list so it will be more organized and easier to answer.

1. Is it compatible with a Classic Army M15A4 gearbox

2. Can a battery fit in the one piece extrusion RAS that comes with it

I also plan on getting a Magpul M93 stock so, 3. if a battery will not fit in the ras, what do you suggest I do?

Oh, and if a battery can fit in the RAS, 4. Whats the biggest you think will fit?

Well the CA gearbox for the M15's are a copy of the TM Version 2 gearbox, which is what this uses for the conversion, so yes the M15 gearbox will fit, but may need rewiring depending on which variant you are using as a donor gun.

No, I don't believe that you can fit a battery inside the RAS, as it is too small in diametre to do that, the only RIS/RAS that I know can fit a battery in, is the MM RIS built for a 9.6v battery.

What I would suggest you do is buy a fake PEQ, with a 9.6v 3300mah battery, which should give you enough power to last, even if you are extremely trigger happy.

Adam

if you can build your own battery, you can fit one in the SR47 free floating handguard. . or if you can tear apart a couple of AK stick batteries and reconfigure them. . they will fit in the SR47. AK stick-type batteries are available in varying mAh ratings as well as NiCad, Nihm and Lith. .you just have to look. .

The only real problem you will have. . since the SR47 utilizes a free floating handguard/one-piece outer barrel design. . the handguard has no endcap. .meaning there's nothing to hold the battery from sliding out forward.

To start with I own a SR-47, here's a pic:

SR-47Photo.jpg

1. Is it compatible with a Classic Army M15A4 gearbox

It should be. As said above, the CA M15A4 line is a copy of the TM M16/M4 line so you should be fine. Mine was based off a TM M16.

2. Can a battery fit in the one piece extrusion RAS that comes with it

I really don't this as an option. The inside diameter of the RIS is very small and (as mentioned above) there is no cap of the front of the RIS. You might be able to custom something up, but due to the open nature of this RIS, I would be a little concerned.

I also plan on getting a Magpul M93 stock so,

3. if a battery will not fit in the ras, what do you suggest I do?

You've got about 4 options when it comes to batteries, Fewer if you're really set on the Magpul M93 stock.

1) CRANE Stock

2) Full Stock

3) AN/PEQ2

4) Get a different RIS and outter barrel

As you can see, I have the CRANE stock on mine. I'm running a 9.6 volt 3300 mah battery in it. I am really happy with this configuration. The battery / CRANE stock does a lot to balance out the weapon. I suppose a full stock would do it to, but you'd lose some versatility. I also have a PEQ on my M4, and I have to say that the CRANE stock is a much cleaner solution.

Oh, and if a battery can fit in the RAS, 4. Whats the biggest you think will fit?

See above.

Archived