Tokyo Marui AKSU ?...

lovecraft25

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SWEET JEBUS!!! I think they really ARE making an AKS74U and I'm only guessing its gonna have the same blow-back gearbox as their recently released AK74MN. And that M4 RIS might sport that modified V2 gearbox with blow-back (rumors of which were floating about lately that TM had patented an M4 with recoil). The last one looks like their MEU .45

edit:

with Western Arms and Tanio Koba releasing blow-back M4s, I find it likely for TM to jump on the bandwagon as well.

Why bother :( there is a million other aks74us on the market!

Also where would they get a battery in that? on their AK74M it had to go in the handguard... cant see the same working in the smaller aks74u handguard... Marui introducing Li-po?

I love my VFC74u, but if TM did bring out an SU, I'd definitely end up with one A.)for the blowback, and B.) for a 14mm thread.

The VFC has a 14mm thread under under the 24 one, unscrew the small allen screw on the threading then screw off the the main threading and there it is! :) Marui already copied this idea for there 74M

OHFG Tokyo Marui is making teh aks74u! Wait, The Badger just got deja vu, oh yeah VFC did this years ago.... and CYMA.... and Unicorn.... and Dboys.

Wake The Badger when they do something more interesting, like make a gun people want (TAVOR)

badgerdancing6.gif

Also where would they get a battery in that? on their AK74M it had to go in the handguard... cant see the same working in the smaller aks74u handguard... Marui introducing Li-po?

The upper part of the handguard (which should hold the battery) has roughly the same length as with the 74. It just looks drastically shorter because of the truncated gas tube and barrel.

it do seems like a 416 (at a glance) IMO.

but why do TM wants to offer an Olympic Arms kit? it's unusual for them to work with the "civilian" manufacturer? (purely a question, not a statement)

or do they want to repeat the "success story" of M4 S-System but now with shock-drive system incorporated in order to challenge the WA ?

(just curious....and what about the battery placement if they're using a free-floating platform? an/peq? or crane/choate/vltor stock?)

SWEET JEBUS!!! I think they really ARE making an AKS74U and I'm only guessing its gonna have the same blow-back gearbox as their recently released AK74MN.

I really hope it doesn't have the blowback. It didn't look very impressive for how much battery it drains.

If it retains the same magazine system as their 74 but not the blowback, I will definetely buy one.

Archived