Western Arms GBB M4 CQB-R for sale in the UK!

Inq Eisenhorn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm affraid that at that price, theres NO WAY in hell I'm going for one. It also gives you a fair indication of what the accessories and magazines will cost this side of the "Pond".....if this rifle sells out in the UK I'll be very VERY surprised!

No offense but it seems like you never wanted one from the start. <_<

:) no offence taken. When you get older you tend not to get over excited about things, perhaps you can call me jaded, but whenever something appears to be too good to be true...it usually is.

My own stand point on the WA GBB was initial interest, and the hope that I could be witnessing a new era in airsoft technology, however as the brave test pilots have shown, the rifle has obvious potential, but it also has some flaws. The price of the rifle in the UK presents another problem.

However, I mustn't be too unfair, the Systema is also double the price in the UK, hell, everything is double the price in the UK, so why is this such a shock?...to be fair, its not. Look at my previous posts, I predicted that the UK retailers would try to rip us off, and they've proved the point. The decision now, for UK buyers at least, is whether they want to pay that money for a rifle which has known faults and unknown performance in the UK climate....(we've had our 10 days of summer by the way, so its back to winter conditions out here!)

Revenge Seeker, you're being slightly unfair in your statement, because, as it seems like I've been looking for any excuse to NOT buy the WA CQB-R, it seems like you'll find any excuse TO buy it.

At the end of the day everyone has a choice!

Damn... thats even harder to justify... 5 china clones.. or one hardcore rifle.

But in all fairness.... that Rifle is DAMN awesome!

It is correct to say that this is more of a market winner, as this is something different (thus the attractiveness)

and i am more than sure this is setting the market ready for something similar in the future. (like.. testing the waters) before developing new and improved gas rifles.

And it is a bit silly how us brits get everything priced up, wished i was still living in HK!

...now on sale at Airsoft Armoury for a staggering £549.99 ...

ha hahahahahaha haha hahaha ha hahahahahahaha pfffft.....ha hahahaha hahahaha I can see how the pricing plan went now:

"oh look the USD price from HK: $560.... lets run it through the UKARA-USD-to-GBP calculator.... $560... "$" don't need that ... £560... hmm better knock a tenner off. Hmm and a penny, it always looks cheaper when you knock a penny off" :rolleyes:

And they wonder why most people import.

Unfortunately there's too many 'softers in the UK who are (usually unjustifiably) scared to import for whatever reason, so these muppets will get away with charging that. :)

Still wouldn't have one, even at £350 imported, I'll wait for the second or third generation of new GBB rifles. Preferably self-contained CO2 driven ones...

Revenge Seeker, you're being slightly unfair in your statement, because, as it seems like I've been looking for any excuse to NOT buy the WA CQB-R, it seems like you'll find any excuse TO buy it.

My view is let the owners speak for themselves because they're the ones who have them and use them and so far they pretty much all agree they like it and yet you, not owning one yourself, decided to be the spokesperson for the anti-WA M4 association. Again no offense, just saying what I've got from your posts.

Its true, I really like this gun....alot. But you don't see me spamming threads telling people they should buy it because its worth their money, or because its the newest and most distinctive airsoft rifle on the market so far, or that its probably the closest an airsoft rifle will ever get to its real steel counterpart, or that the 2 tiny flaws it has does not outweigh its resplendence, or that...etc etc. I will hold off all such comments until I have the gun in my hands and post pics claiming such. Otherwise I'd just be seen a babbling fool.

Pardon me if I came off rude... its just Finals week and I can't seem to form my sentences without a pinch of sourness in them. But it seems to me that if you don't like something... don't buy it. Instead of going around telling people why you won't buy it; it just attracts attention...and confusion.. Its alright if you don't like it and that it never fulfilled your expectations but I can't say the same about convincing others to believe that too. I could give a hoot if people don't like it as I do; after all its my money that going down the drain for it. If you carefully read the WA M4 review thread, the reviewers and owners only posted what they observed on the rifle and its flaws with rarely any over exaggerations on its splendor.

I also have alot of criticism toward the TSI Galils but those have been reserved.

Cheers!

My view is let the owners speak for themselves because they're the ones who have them and use them and so far they pretty much all agree they like it and yet you, not owning one yourself, decided to be the spokesperson for the anti-WA M4 association. Again no offense, just saying what I've got from your posts.

<snip>

Here here.

Well, part of the problem (as I always say) is that so much is lost in translation. Again, I think you're being unfair, and if you go back through my posts on this rifle, you'll notice it was me trying to get people together to finance getting replacement parts made....someone who wants the rifle to fail doesn't usually try to source replacement parts for it...do they?

You've failed to see this point because you've gotten it into your mind that I'm against this rifle. Why I should be against anything is a strange concept....its not like I run a company thats in competition with WA :D

All I can say is that you're mistaking my interest for sabotage....Drop it. If my questions, statements or observations make you feel uncomfortable thats you're problem, not mine!

What I've "reported" here is fact...check out the Airsoft Armouy website...what I've commented on it the review posts is based on statements made by the owners....not my own ideals, or guess work! yes, its now been agreed that only 2 parts are at fault, but go back and read the thread...as you follow it through you'll see that more issues were reported and then corrected as the owners got more clued up!

I'm not going to turn this into a Eisenhorn vs Revenge Seeker thread, I'd suggest you don't also.

I'm not going to turn this into a Eisenhorn vs Revenge Seeker thread, I'd suggest you don't also.

Agreed. I could go on but internet quarrel is rubbish and I really have nothing against you. Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting you stop posting about this particular rifle if that's what you're getting. :)

Agreed. I could go on but internet quarrel is rubbish and I really have nothing against you. Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting you stop posting about this particular rifle if that's what you're getting. :)

i rwally like the look of this rifle, is it the proper scale of the real m4 like the systema?

i think in the uk the gas is going to be a big problem with our weather. someone was saying about co2 instead but what about compressed air in the mags? it would be loads more expensive but no cool down effects.

what about compressed air in the mags? it would be loads more expensive but no cool down effects.

And completely stupid.

Firstly, with it properly regulated, you would get about enough in there for what.....one shot at best, any more and it would probably blow up.

Not fun.

Hence why co2 magazines have inbuilt regulators. (But of course they use co2 bulbs designed to take the pressure).

Hence why you do not charge shower shot grenades with unregulated co2. (Yes I made an omission).

Not to mention compressed air, that has to be run from an external rig with two or more regulators to make it safe and viable enough to use.

Not enough volume in the magazines for HPA. That would require an external source.

I'm having a fitting made using a QD barb and some threaded brass that will allow me to TEMPORARILY, REVERSIBLY power the gun on HPA. That's when it'll get fun. Or at least remove the variable of cooldown from the velocity and accuracy testing.

Hehehe.

Not enough volume in the magazines for HPA. That would require an external source.

I'm having a fitting made using a QD barb and some threaded brass that will allow me to TEMPORARILY, REVERSIBLY power the gun on HPA. That's when it'll get fun. Or at least remove the variable of cooldown from the velocity and accuracy testing.

Hehehe.

well only an idea i guess. im not clued up on this sorta stuff obviously. would there be enough space in a stock do you think for hpa?

stuff....

Inq, a bit of friendly advice: stop going on about the WA M4.

I mean this in a friendly way. I'm not "warning" you about it in an official way or demanding you wind your neck in. :)

At the moment there are 3 (?) threads about the WA M4 and you're hovering around all of them like a bee around honey.

You are giving a running commentary on everything that crops up.

Aha, it seems this is a very accurate gun.

Oh, it seems this gun uses a lot of gas.

Hey, people are saying the blowback is good.

Gosh, you guys are saying some parts break.

YES. WE ALL KNOW. THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE WORDS KNOW AND THE PEOPLE WHO READ THE WORDS KNOW TOO!

Seriously, unless you actually want to ask something or add something to the discussion then you might want to dial back your input in these threads a bit. You're not actually contributing anything. ;)

There are lots of people, myself included, who are very interested in this gun but we manage to confine our interest to reading what owners have to say about the gun and asking any questions that we think of.

more stuff....

I take on board your criticism, it seems inappropriate to post it in a thread that I started, telling people how much the rifle is in the UK and where it can be bought <_< that you think thats of no contribution is.....strange.

As for commenting in all three (3) threads, again, one of which I started myself?!?....my explanation is that I simply followed the discussion as it went from News to reviews.

Stealthbomber, if you feel this thread is causing undue hassell, then close it, delete it, lock it...whatever.

I'll watch in future how "involved" I become in any given topic, and thank you for making it clear that there is an acceptable level of posting involved in maintaining forum etiquette.

Archived