LaRue flip to side mount replica....

tome

Poor poor Mark LaRue... *beep* chinese... I find that some companies deserve the cloning... But small little awesome companies like LaRue don't deserve this... KAC does a bit for hugely inflating some of their prices, and apparently being corrupt, but LaRue sure as hell doesn't...... Support the real deal....

The thing is...I'm not going to buy a $150 mount for a $100 magnifier...and I'm not buying a $350 magnifier for a $300 gun, let alone any airsoft gun.

And I doubt Mark will loose any of his 'real steel' customer base with these being released. Maybe the airsoft PTW customer base...naw, not even them.

-Vic

I find that some companies deserve the cloning... But small little awesome companies like LaRue don't deserve this.

I didn't realize "Thou shalt not steal" had a footnote, "Thou shalt not steal*"

*Unless it's a big company.

I still think it would be a wise move to sell the rights to some manufacturer to affix the trades legally, make some money out of that and let the airsoft-manufacturer deal with protecting their rights to save yourself the headache.

-Sale

Poor poor Mark LaRue... *beep* chinese... I find that some companies deserve the cloning... But small little awesome companies like LaRue don't deserve this... KAC does a bit for hugely inflating some of their prices, and apparently being corrupt, but LaRue sure as hell doesn't...... Support the real deal....

The thing is...I'm not going to buy a $150 mount for a $100 magnifier...and I'm not buying a $350 magnifier for a $300 gun, let alone any airsoft gun.

And I doubt Mark will loose any of his 'real steel' customer base with these being released. Maybe the airsoft PTW customer base...naw, not even them.

-Vic

Amen Brother.

The people that are interested in this stuff that are using the products for their intended purposes, ie REAL FIREARMS are still going to buy the larue product. Mark Larue cares about real firearms, not airsoft garbage. The guy isnt losing a single dime. The only thing that bothers me is that 95% of the dimwitted airsofts out there that buy that product probably wont even know its a Larue design which is why Sale is right on the money.

Sale, i agree with what you're saying and my above point reinforces why you're right.

I wouldn't go as far as to say LaRue wouldn't lose a single cent :( A guy on my team already has the real LaRue mounts and me and another teammate were sorely tempted. Now though, i doubt we'll be buying the real LaRue unless this china mount turns out to be total poo.

His main customer base however, the guys whom use this stuff on the battlefield or serious shooters, would never think of using a cheap, unproven, knock-off that might fail when they need it most :)

I'd be surprised if LaRue ever endorsed airsoft replicas of their mounts, even if they were given some sort of royalty fee for it. The possibility that a RS user would grab one of these and expect them to operate at the same levels as that of the real deal is too great. I mean, if there were RS shooters out there fooled into buying the airsoft Noveske KX3 Flashhiders for their real guns, then the likelihood RS users might grab the replica LaRue mounts would be equally significant. Plus, with the LaRue replica mounts it's even worse as they can be mounted on RS guns which means that that could eat into LaRue sales if they become popular enough amongst RS shooters.

As for this particular replica, I was never that much of a fan of it. I much prefer a replica of the Samson FTS mount.

I was interested in the Samson mount once, but when i discovered that it didn't lock in the "to the side" position i patiently waited for the LaRue design :)

It doesn't lock, but it's pressed firmly by the spring. It won't move when flipped to the side. I used to have one on a EOTech 3x.

So far i agree that Larue wont be losing any business with those of us that acutally use his products on real guns in real situations......fact is, if you pay top dollar for a RS mount to play airsoft with, you probably oughtta rethink your spending habits. I'm not telling people how to spend their money, but there's no reason for it in airsoft. Seriously, who are ya trying to impress??

I think it's a great product for those who want that unique Larue look, without the pricetag, or lift or death quality

So far i agree that Larue wont be losing any business with those of us that acutally use his products on real guns in real situations......fact is, if you pay top dollar for a RS mount to play airsoft with, you probably oughtta rethink your spending habits. I'm not telling people how to spend their money, but there's no reason for it in airsoft. Seriously, who are ya trying to impress??

I think it's a great product for those who want that unique Larue look, without the pricetag, or lift or death quality

I understand your point of view, but for me, when given the option, I'd rather give money to the copyright holder or original maker of the product rather than the non-endorsed replica. Of course that doesn't apply to Cybergun copyrighted products. Those guys are pure extortionists through and through. But when given the option, I definitely prefer RS products over replica. There's also other factors like correct trademarks, in many cases the product is made from steel or CNC aluminum instead of pot metal, and quality differences.

The possibility that a RS user would grab one of these and expect them to operate at the same levels as that of the real deal is too great.

BINGO! Someone gets it.

How often have you visited ARF.com and seen a thread where one guys talks about how his "aimpoint he got on ebay" failed him? Plainly put, it's damn hard to distinguish between a real Aimpoint and a Fakepoint with trademarks without doing research. Most people aren't going to do research too and will rely on a product for heavy use when it was not meant for that heavy use. Some of these people's lives might depend on that.

One example: An HK21 owner I know of bought a G3 rail mount from MFI. MFI advertised this as a real steel mount. As the HK21 owner was firing his gun at the range with his $1000+ optic the mount failed and flew off of the gun. Luckily the optic wasn't damaged. Upon further inspection the HK21 owner discovered he was sold an airsoft HK mount.

I would imagine most 'Real Steel' shooters would be smarter than that, though...

If you pay $50 for a red dot that looks like an Aimpoint...what should you expect?

But I agree on your point how it could confuse some people...and MFI selling an airsoft product as the real thing? That's ###### on MFI's part...I mean, damn.

-Vic

If you pay $50 for a red dot that looks like an Aimpoint...what should you expect?

That's the thing though, these ebay scammers don't say they're fake Aimpoints and try to pass them off as legit Aimpoints at legit Aimpoint prices. If the replicas didn't have the trademarks, that'd be one thing, but since they do a lot of people get fooled.

They do this with other items like the Condor IBA OTV. If you look it up on ebay they say "MSRP $300" and junk like that which is completely false. They try and pass it off like a real Point Blank OTV.

I would imagine most 'Real Steel' shooters would be smarter than that, though...

But I agree on your point how it could confuse some people

You'd think so, but the example I gave earlier about RS users buying airsoft KX3 Flashhiders and using them on RS guns by accident actually happened often enough that Noveske had to issue a warning to the RS community. That said, paying $80 for a replica Aimpoint and expecting it to be real is a touch gullible. But replica mounts and such which aren't as easy to discern.

Archived