TM MK23 sniper?

gunnermaniac

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place, sorry if it isn't. Either here, product suggestions or pistols section.

Was thinking about making a TM Mk23 into a sniper and wondered if any of you have tried it.

Nothing is definate yet but I am very tempted and would like to know if it is possible. What I would need to do to get a good fit.

I would like it to look something like the KJW mk1 carbine without the foregrip part. This is just a basic outline, I would probably want the stock attatching higher up.

Pic for reference:

kjwmk1carbinejpgjz3.th.jpg

My plan would be to put a carbine length barrel in (is this possible, would aeg barrels work?)

Put a scope rail on the slide (is it called a slide on NBB?)

M4 carbine outer barrel (might look odd, size is an issue I know, may be tough to fit, any better ideas?)

Silencer

However I am not sure what to use as a stock, was thinking of an AKSU stock but thought it would be too big. Then I thought this might work but then again I thought size may be an issue.

Size is an issue with most of these things. Once again this is just an outline of what I am planning.

Any help and constructive critisism will be greatly appreciated.

I am sure this must have been done before.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, not sure what I was thinking when I said about that m4 barrel :S forgot the mk23 had a threaded barrel.

For the barrel:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/erol/erol.html

Silencer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/King-Arms-335x40mm-LW-...oQQcmdZViewItem

What for the stock?

Cheers :)

EDIT: Don't really want 500fps (site limits hence me selling the BAR 10! :( ) however if it ran on 350fps using 134a I would be very happy :D

Hi

I have one, 303 or 430 barrel, external hop adjust, huge silencer, scoped and a stock that screws into the pistol grip :D

Will pass on the wisdom that Greg sent me, as he had posted about the idea on another forum about it ages ago.

I was inspired by the stti 'stealth assassin' which does about 430fps out of the box with it's extended barrel silencer thing. & was trying to do exactly the same as you. (Also drew up some plans for a pump action bull pup vsr, but that's another story.)

So, it's about as simple as simple can be:

Take one v. powerful but totally inaccurate stealth assassin, open, totally as per TM mk23 (almost identical) & replace barrel & hop with what ever you like, that will fit a vsr.

I used everything from a std g-spec barrel (303mm) which could be shrouded inside a std mk23 silencer, all the way up to a lalax 555x6.03mm, with varying chrono results.

Basically, you get a gas powered vsr. As the barrel & hop are as per visser & the gas delivery is fairly consistent you can actually match a similarly powered vsr in terms of range & accuracy.

Amazing!!

The only downsides were:

Stti trigger pull is a pig, no where as smooth as TM mk23.

Stabilization is a pain with no but stock & although I played with various folding prototypes, I never figured out a decent stock.

Tryed the same on a TM mk23 & the power was no where near as good. Max was 360, with the 555.

Best combination for power was Stti gun, with TM mags & lalax mag valves.

With a 303x6.03m lalax barrel & firefly hard type v hop 12" groups at 50m & 400fps was the norm. Get the hop adjusted right (a pig; slide off, adjust. slide back on, fire, slide off etc) & the trajectory was flat as a pancake for 60m with digicon .36's.

Which brings me on to another subject, ammo. In all forms it was really fussy on ammo & the usual 'sgms am best' went right out the window: Seemed to respond well with heavy ammo, hence digi .36's. The .43's were even better, but I didn't like 'em 'cos I could only get the shiny coated ones.

Getting the hop right was the main problem, it always wanted to over hop, which is probably why it liked the heavy bb's. Didn't get on with lalax purple hop either, even with max adjust, it wouldn't apply enough hop! Go figure.

The other thing to remember is that being gas, you need to count to 5 between shots to maintain accuracy.

Using a 303 barrel & huge silencer , or barrel extension & silencer combo makes it as quiet as a standard tm mk23.

Scope mounts are as per tm mk23, lalax or whatnot.

So, no big secret or trickery, open it up & get stuck in. Please let me know how you get on.

400fps G-spec quality sniper for the price of a stealth assassin, barrel & hop! Talk about budget sniping.

Anything else, or if you want a piccy, don't hesitate to ask.

By the way, 350 on 134 - no problem with a long barrel!

Cheers

d

Cheers dude, a pic would be great.

Bit confused about how you made it...you popped the internals (barrel and hop) into a stti? Am I right?

What did you do for a stock or did you not have a stock.

So a mk23 with a 303 6.03 barrel will give 350fps (or under) or is that with more upgrades.

What about on green gas.

Cheers for the help

Cheers dude, a pic would be great.

Bit confused about how you made it...you popped the internals (barrel and hop) into a stti? Am I right?

What did you do for a stock or did you not have a stock.

So a mk23 with a 303 6.03 barrel will give 350fps (or under) or is that with more upgrades.

What about on green gas.

Cheers for the help

No, stti is copy of mk23

Made the stock up, and put a threaded insert in the pistol grip.

350 with a longer barrel and no other upgrades, on green was getting nearer 450fps with 430 barrel in a tm mk23.

Will sort you a pic tomorrow

Cheers

d

Thanks man,

Just checked out the mount bases and they are awfully expensive...(£64 off zeroone for both parts!)

Want to try and keep this all fairly low priced.

Wondered if bolting a 20mm rail onto the top or gluegunning it on would work.

Would be specifically interested in the stock as I am getting the feeling I will have to make one.

Thanks man,

Just checked out the mount bases and they are awfully expensive...(£64 off zeroone for both parts!)

Want to try and keep this all fairly low priced.

Wondered if bolting a 20mm rail onto the top or gluegunning it on would work.

Would be specifically interested in the stock as I am getting the feeling I will have to make one.

Mine was done on the 'ahum' :rolleyes: cheap. A short length of rail is screwed on the top from underneath on mine.

Stock will be easier to describe with a pic.

Cheers

d

Thanks, do I need to get a silencer adapter as I read it is 16mm thread. Is that true?

Depends, if you are going to use a 303 barrel it will fit inside a standard mk23 silencer

If you want a bigger silencer you will need an adapter 16mm to 14mm

Cheers

d

Wow, nice job dude.

I would love to go for that sort of look exept with a telescopic scope and a stock like on the KJW carbine (as seen in first post)

Would a 430 put me over 350 on 134a? Also do you find your range or accuracy increase with the 430 over the 330?

Would a 430 put me over 350 on 134a? Also do you find your range or accuracy increase with the 430 over the 330?

Had a chat to Greg and he reckoned a 555 cut down to 480 was good, but like I said earlier, a 430 may well put you over your 350 limit on 134 gas.

Best start with a 303 and see what you get (or buy a 430 and chop it down if need be)

Cheers

d

I think I will go with the 430 barrel (laylex 6.03 pss10) but cut it down if the FPS is too high.

I am guessing I will need a new silencer. What size silencer should I get, how much does the barrel (mm if possible) go into the gun (so I can work out needed silencer length)

Anyone got a link to a silencer adapter for the mk23? I have tried searching the likes of zero one, redwolf etc. I am guessing it's not the VSR silencer adapter...or is it??!?

Also anyone got any suggestions for a stock that would attatch (bolt on etc) that looks like the KJW carbine stock?

The mk23 adapter is specific.

I have had a look and can't seem to find it at any UK retailers at the moment, I shall continue.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I am still looking aswell, not with much luck though :unsure:

Just to give you guys an idea of what it may look like (I apologise for my outstandingly poor photoshop skills, actually did it on powerpoint :P )

mk23sniperea9.th.png

Obviously not the correct sizes or dimensions.

The stock is the Dragunov one and would be sprayed black. It is upside down. It will obviously have to be modified to fit...any ideas on how I could attatch it or shall I go for something different.

Great to see interest in the old pocket rocket.

Wally's already posted most of my input. (Ta) ;)

Mine's currently got a lalax 303 under the standard silencer & does 400fps on green @ 20 degrees C. No scope or stock, head shots out to 50m!! Fits in a thigh rig,,,,,,,,,,,,nice. :)

Again the digicons are best for this permutation.

Wally has taken this idea to a new level with the stock & ext hop.

Please post results.

Greg.

Again the digicons are best for this permutation.

Meant to say (although I think it has been mentioned) you will pretty much need some heavy weight bb's - mine overhops madly with .25's.

The external hop adjust is fairly easy, it's just a small bolt (m2 ish) that pushes down on the little metal hop plate that is already in there - drill a hole through the ejection port cover to fit, you just have to line it all up carefully.

Hope that helps

Cheers

d

So do you think the dragunov stock is a good idea, wally or greg?

What type of digicons?

I really want to make this into a rifle greg, the stock and aftermarket silencer make this possible.

And the only place I can find a silencer adapter is wolf

Link

For £23 !!! + £9.50 shipping!!!*Extreme facepalm*

So do you think the dragunov stock is a good idea, wally or greg?

What type of digicons?

I really want to make this into a rifle greg, the stock and aftermarket silencer make this possible.

And the only place I can find a silencer adapter is wolf

Link

For £23 !!! + £9.50 shipping!!!*Extreme facepalm*

Heavy. SGM's (.29's)overhop too (am using a firefly hop)

Afraid the silencer adapter is expensive, think I got mine from HK and it was still a lot.

Only way to know about the stock is to offer it up and see how it pulls to your shoulder

When you are working on the stock, remember you need to be able to strip the gun down, i.e. top slide off, and that the hammer needs to cock( I know its obvious, but... :) )

Cheers

d

Archived