Chinese ACOG + Docter sight

chas

No more waiting for any manufacturer to realize the obvious (and build accordingly), no more DIY, no more expensive G&P with dummy red dot:ebaybanned will stock an ACOG with markings, ironsights (important) and a working docter sight in june.

No ideaaboutthe price, as itdoesnt appear on the website yet, but Im afraid it can cost more than 130$ (including shipping costs), as the maker seems to be the same as the 115$ model ebaybanned has.

Dibujo.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ghillie suited asian is modelling a ghillie suit that ebaybanned will start selling..

And this would have been perfect for my UKSF loadout, had I not already decided to go with an Aimpoint.. :(

Fair enough, didnt see any mention of it on eBaybanned or the OP, so I thought it might be a random picture.

What's with the guilled suited asian?

Paul says he's gonna have it for around 90$, including shipping costs. That seems pretty OK.

Now, if only they would come out with one in FDE (tan).

Mi wishes exactly.

Only slight problem is that, judging by the hole in the front, this is one of those light-sensitive RDSs. They're utter junk. Battery dies in a couple of weeks.

Added to which, the Chinese ACOGs really aren't reliable scopes.

Not a very good purchase IMO unless it's for a wall-hanger.

I 've only had the G&P 4x ACOG and Id rather pay half the price for the same junk. Plus, remember the time when chinese guns where utter ######? Maybe they have improved their scopes too.

Surely you can just get some decent batteries?

I think for $90 this is gonna sell out quick and ill be having 1 at least :D

I don;t think you understand.

The RDS is light-sensitive. It turns on and off if its dark. I assume that, because of this, the sensor is always powered-up so it knows when to turn on.

Use it in a skirmish, put the cover on it and I guarantee the batteries will be dead the next time you want to use it.

I don;t think you understand.

The RDS is light-sensitive. It turns on and off if its dark. I assume that, because of this, the sensor is always powered-up so it knows when to turn on.

Use it in a skirmish, put the cover on it and I guarantee the batteries will be dead the next time you want to use it.

It's like the original real Docter sight then :) it's always on but adjusts to a very low level when it's pitch black (ie the cover is on) and the real one can supposedly stay on at this level for several years. I'd imagine the components in the copy version are cheap so much less efficient and burn through the battery too quickly, coupled with the intensity not being set low enough for pitch black.

They're not totally useless. I think that's a bit harsh. i used to use one on my M4 when they first came out and it held zero and adjusted brightness to reasonable levels throughout the time i used it. It eventually got shot out though because the glass is that thin :( and it's very hard to attach protective polycarbonate to something that small.

I'll most likely have one of these when they come out. The batteries are cheap enough :) and at 90usd it's not a bad price just for the look hehe

EDIT - actually what i'd like to know is exactly which reddot clone it is. Hate to find that if it get's shot out you can't find another clone that fits the mount base

What's wrong with just taking the batteries out between games?

It's a little bit of a pain since you remove screws and take the whole optic off of its mount to take the battery out of the bottom. Then you remount it with when you want to use it. Not bad but much more tedious than simply popping a cover off and grabbing the batteries.

All replicas of those RDS sights have that problem. You have to take the battery out after every usage otherwise the battery will run out very quickly as it is really incapable of turning itself off reliably. They're also very inefficient in terms of actual battery usage. I bought one of those a few years back. Eventually I just dropped the cash on a real deal Docter Optik and on a Burris Fast Fire. On the real deal ones, they turn themselves off reliably (and in the case of the Burris Fast Fire there's a master on/off switch), they have a nice bright dot and use the battery very little.

All replicas of those RDS sights have that problem. You have to take the battery out after every usage otherwise the battery will run out very quickly as it is really incapable of turning itself off reliably. They're also very inefficient in terms of actual battery usage. I bought one of those a few years back. Eventually I just dropped the cash on a real deal Docter Optik and on a Burris Fast Fire. On the real deal ones, they turn themselves off reliably (and in the case of the Burris Fast Fire there's a master on/off switch), they have a nice bright dot and use the battery very little.

Does the Burris fit onto a Docter mount base or does it have its own? I'd be interested in getting one to fit onto a replica ACOG, but the cost vs risk of it getting shot out is still a bit hard hehe

Archived