Laylax Magwell Adapter for Marui AK74

PlasticMag

Bottom edges bent outwards, front bit looks too far forward to interfere with locking... I'd say it's just to help speedily guide the mags into the gun, not an adapter.

I saw a youtube video of this a while ago. Im 99% sure its not an adapter, more of a arredondo magwell kind of thing.

It almost looks like a speedy reload kit for the Mauri AKs. Like the M4's, just slam the mag in and yuor ready to rock sort of Mod.

Or its a conversion kit to take a more wide variety of Magazines from other brands.

I wish it didn't look like a cheese grater though bleh.

It almost looks like a speedy reload kit for the Mauri AKs. Like the M4's, just slam the mag in and yuor ready to rock sort of Mod.

How would that work? You'll still need to hook the front of the mag into the body of the gun, then pull the mag backwards. As RSP1 stated, you can see that the item doesn't interface with the magazine itself, it's just two side plates with mounting points for the receiver.

This is just a tacticool "upgrade". And it looks like it would also come in handy in the kitchen. :)

I don't know it was an asumtion. Maybe its a whole new kit that slams into the mag well and to remove you would do as a normal AK removal of the mag. THe slap in mod would then house an outer extended quick mag attatch spring piece to hold the AK latched mags. Its very simple and could work but its probably not what it does.

I don't know it was an asumtion. Maybe its a whole new kit that slams into the mag well and to remove you would do as a normal AK removal of the mag. THe slap in mod would then house an outer extended quick mag attatch spring piece to hold the AK latched mags. Its very simple and could work but its probably not what it does.

No, not really possible. You CAN'T slam it in without severely modifying the receiver to never work regularly again.

It's definitely just a well for the magazines, not a "slam-in and go" modification. Laylax would never do anything useful like that. :P

In all seriousness, at one point I was faster/more accurate at reloading my AK74 than my M4. It still confuses me to this day how I reloaded it in the dark in a single swift motion.

This is rumour control and here are the facts:

-It's a magwell: Sort of a funnel that guides the mag into the magazine well.

-You still need to hook the front and tilt back as usual.

-It's not an adapter that allows you to use other magazines.

I rarely see anyone use this kind of accessories even in competitive shooting. Look in Youtube at all the AK reload videos... They are fast and almost none (or just none?) of them have magwells.

-Sale

I am very swift on my AK reloading as well.

I gues LayLax think this may attract to the PMC orientated airsofters as I have seen a picture on Military photos of a PMC with a larger magwell.

Seems pointless to buy for airsoft though. It must serve some other purpose than just an added range for reloading quicker. Doesnt seem usefull on AK's because you have to bend and latch anyways, I think it would get in the way.

it's a magwell adapter to make mags go in n out more like armalite magazines. main headlines sez "super return is formed, magazine change is shortened." the main text to lower right sez PMC operators (i assume in iraq) are doing this to real AKs...

or i could be wrong! ;)

I think a single-sided AK magwell funnel might be more useful, like the FAL magwell. That said, I've never had trouble inserting an AK mag very quickly even under stress.

Archived