How many five year olds...

systema

KidsBowing1.JPGFriend friend sent me this one:

How many 5 year olds could you take on at once?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

- You are in an enclosed area, roughly the size of a basketball court. There are no foreign objects.

- You are not allowed to touch a wall.

- When you are knocked unconscious, you lose. When they are all knocked unconscious, they lose. Once a kid is knocked unconscious, that kid is "out."

- I (or someone else intent on seeing to it you fail) get to choose the kids from a pool that is twice the size of your magic number. The pool will be 50/50 in terms of gender and will have no discernable abnormalities in terms of demographics, other than they are all healthy Americans.

- The kids receive one day of training from hand-to-hand combat experts who will train them specifically to team up to take down one adult. You will receive one hour of "counter-tactics" training.

- There is no protective padding for any combatant other than the standard-issue cup.

* The kids are motivated enough to not get scared, regardless of the bloodshed. Even the very last one will give it his/her best to take you down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how many can you take?

Source

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being as their bones have not fully hardened, it would be pretty easy to break their necks..

20 at a time maybe? Would I be allowed a weapon? (such as a stick, not a firearm) Cause if I can get a bat or something, I bet I could take 50 at a time..

Bare in mind that taking the life of small children doesn't come naturally to most people. Feel free to admit to that it does in your case, but just don't expect to be invited to many social functions in the future.

This is a valid rule for the scenario I feel (and is mentioned in the original forum thread that this stems from).

No weapons, except your usually clothing i would assume. 5 Seems a bit less. Remember we're talking about 5 year olds. A good snap in the neck would be suffice to bring each down. Unless they had the mentality to form a ring around you and attack simultaneously, I think around 20 would be a good estimate.

Also possible is running around to take them out separately. One guy suggested previous to actually weild one of the deceased as a "human sword" if you will. I think that is brilliant, although I believe using a broken off limb would prove to be more effective.

Edit' doc_newstead I mean to offend no one. It was simply a "drunken topic" as stated in the source. I'm sure there are more sick threads out there than this very one, however this doesn't mean that I wish to plague these airsoft forums in general. I posted here since it was strictly off topic.

Bare in mind that taking the life of small children doesn't come naturally to most people. Feel free to admit to that it does in your case, but just don't expect to be invited to many social functions in the future.

This is a valid rule for the scenario I feel (and is mentioned in the original forum thread that this stems from).

Are you done? Good. Anyone care? Nope.

Edit' doc_newstead I mean to offend no one.  It was simply a "drunken topic" as stated in the source.  I'm sure there are more sick threads out there than this very one,  however this doesn't mean that I wish to plague these airsoft forums in general.  I posted here since it was strictly off topic.

You've taken me all wrong. It's a hypothetical question, yeah? Murder isn't something that comes naturally to most people. It's mentioned in the thread that you'd endure maybe 4 or 5 kids biting and kicking you, because your first instinct is "Well I can't hit a kid".

So by the time you realise that it's on, you've got, what, ten kids on you? It's like the 'zombie parent' scenario; I can't chop his head off with an axe, it's my dad!

The rules state that the kids receive training in combat; do we know they're trying to kill us or not?

Well alright if you put it that way,

I'd say about 10-15 mabe 25...if I had a blunt object somewhere around 50.

But what if they all suddenly dog-pile on you? Let's the average weight if a five-year old is around 50 right? Say you were facing 25 kids? that's about 1250 pds. of baby fat rushing at you from all sides....seems kinda risky.

That's why I would be safe and start with ten maybe, then as you become used to that ask for more to come at ya.

Can you do that?

This is starting to sound like fun!

The rules state that the kids receive training in combat; do we know they're trying to kill us or not?

Yes, you would definitely know they are trying to kill you. And you to them the same.

Aqualung:

You've got a very useful agility advantage over these subjects. They would only be able to dog-pile only if you let them. However, too mcuh "hit and run" would leave you with a lack of stamina, which could be your downfall. I believe the rule of not being able to touch a wall throws you a bigger disadvantage. Since you are automatically disqualified if you were to touch a wall, then the five year olds MIGHT be smart enough to force you upon doing such.

I'm not sure of the best way to KO a child though. A slap wouldn't really do it. A crack against the gymnasium floor would leave you open to attack from their peers. A thumb to the temple perhaps... Can any doctors confirm that this works?

And don't underestimate the power of the rugby tackle... A few piledrives here & there...

I'm finding it hard to put a figure on this. 11-12?

Furthermore, I think taking off your body clothing and wrapping it around the knuckles to avoid injury to self would be ideal as well. If you were glasses, take a metal part from it and use it as a short blade of some sort, or possibly the lenses. However, this may have a disadvantage to you because you would probably be blind.

Well you could also grap them by the necks and throw them angrily to the side. Then after that you do a one-two punch, then wrestle off any of the munchkins that managed to latch on to you. If one drops to ground and is still moving, a swift kid to the head ought to do it. Not so hard you kill them, just hard enough to knock them out.

Complete this process and repeat. You think it could work?

I once had a strange dream that involved zombies. They weren't a mindless, milky-eyed crowd as many classic zombie movies portray them. In fact, they didn't even look very dead. Instead they had a terrified look in their eyes as if they were conscious of the abominations that they had become. Sure, they groaned like zombies but only because their bodies would no longer follow the brain's command. It was as if they were victims of some palsy gone mad.

For these reasons I recall in my dream that I had trouble shooting them. So even if they were zombie children that might not make snapping necks any easier.

At any rate, it would make a creepy movie. 28 Days is the closest thing to the dream I had.

A day of combat training for 5 year old kids isn't a lot... They will just run around like crazy and doing random things when you try to teach them... Even if they want to learn it would take quite a while to get them to do it right...

The 5 year olds would also just stop once you punch one in the face with blood going everywhere....You just can't get them to carry on...You probably can't either....

Archived