G&P Systema PTW M4 Metal Body

Bangla_Black

I wonder if these companies do it on purpose...brings to mind the "Specil" on the side of the King Arms Troy.

Is this small mistake enough to warrent NOT buying the item though? I must admit, I've long ago given up on finding any degree of "perfection" within airsoft tools, and things like this are almost an expected occurance....

Do we know this is actually better than a Systema receiver?

It's not CNC-machined, so it probably isn't any better.

The PTW lower receiver breakages are down to the design, and it's not like Systema used worse material for casting the receivers. AEG lowers are supported in that area because the stock is screwed into the gearbox. Have any AEG metal receiver manufacturer make a PTW lower and it'll break in the exact same area.

The Prime CNC lower is more likely an improvement. ;)

-Sale

I wonder if these companies do it on purpose...brings to mind the "Specil" on the side of the King Arms Troy.

Is this small mistake enough to warrent NOT buying the item though? I must admit, I've long ago given up on finding any degree of "perfection" within airsoft tools, and things like this are almost an expected occurance....

Absolutely. If I'm spending that much on an airsoft replica, I'm not going to accept such a big error like that. A lot of the fun in owning airsoft replicas (for me at least) is their realism, so having an awful typo that completely defeats the replica's realism also defeats the purpose of me purchasing the product.

Based on discussion over at the PTW forum I highly doubt this is going to be succesful. A cast receiver is definitely not an improvement over the stock receiver like the Prime CNC machined lower is so not many people will want to pay for silly trademarks. G&P, you fail!

• 2 weeks later...
Just because something is manufactured using a CNC machine dosn't neccesarily warrant how great it is. It depends upon the material that is being used.

The Prime one is 6061 and is fantastic, nuff said.

As for my lower from Mikki, no, he refunded my money. I was one of the lucky ones. He's a scab.

Archived