Western Arms M4A1 Carbine in Stock at RedWolf

OverKiller93

It has just one big problem:

It's Gas operated, it won't stand up to a decent skirmish, yes blowback is nice but its just not really skirmish worthy and to spend that much on something that wont be much use in a game for myself is daft to be honest.

Oh yeah and it's another Armalite, boo.

'FireKnife'

It's Gas operated, it won't stand up to a decent skirmish, yes blowback is nice but its just not really skirmish worthy and to spend that much on something that wont be much use in a game for myself is daft to be honest.

You mean its no use in a skirmish unless you're able to use some skill and change you're tactics to make good use of the gun, a bit like people who play pistols only agains't AEGs at the local woodland with great success....

....Unless its cold, then you're screwed :D

It has just one big problem:

Oh yeah and it's another Armalite, boo.

'FireKnife'

It's more accurate than most AEGs out of the box, much more realistic in terms of operation and mag capacity than AEGs. It can hold it own and then some in "decent skirmishes" and I would take it over an AEG any day. Milsim is more important to some than others, and I can certainly see how the WA M4 holds no appeal for the average airsofter running around with hi-caps. But for those who like milsim like me, it's a beautiful and practical weapon.

At least for summer :P

^ That is amazing reasoning and something I haven't heard before at all!!!

When was Western Arms products ever used for skirmishes?

Many WA pistols can be seen in holsters of geardos like myself for skirmishes. With a slight bit of investment, they are amongst the most reliable airsoft weapons around.

I just got done converting my WA CQB-R into a WA M4A1 with the addition of the G&P M4A1 and it truly looks bad-*albatross* now. I'm really glad I went with the CQBR and converted it into the M4A1 instead of spending more and going with the WA M4A1. Because in the end, I would have swapped out the WA front end for the G&P aftermarket M4A1 front end.

As for accuracy, even without a tightbore my WA M4A1 is more accurate than my AEGs.

A friend has one and the only thing he has said that would keep it out of a gun fight is the cost of the magazines. Hopefully some after market Magazines will help fill this gap and bring down the cost.

Ok....I'm 99% sure well never see after market magazines. To my knowledge they were never made for the pistols, so I seriously doubt they'll be made for this.

2 poison123

Or the china magz will have so much cut-offs (as KJW mags for their clone of WA Magna-R 1911) then they'll be useless.

Think, though it's hard to say, we'll need to hold our breath and buy WA mags.... 12 pieces... flick....;)

PS

Heard about the guy who ordered LA Studio M4A1 with 12 mags, payed for it and still wainting for them....and during this waitning he was given to shoot WA.... That's hurt! :)

A friend has one and the only thing he has said that would keep it out of a gun fight is the cost of the magazines. Hopefully some after market Magazines will help fill this gap and bring down the cost.

Well said. Thats the only reason why i havent ordered one yet. Magazines are something that i beat the everloving ###### out of. Its one of the reasons why i ditched the PTW. Having 1200 dollars in magazines alone strapped to my chest is not something im looking forward to doing.

Hi I've just bought a wa m4 cqb . i've owned just about every make of airsoft gun available

and i have to say that if you are a bit of a purist and or a real firearm shooter like myself

then there is nothing like this rifle . It's a mil sim enthusiasts dream. although airsoft armouries are expensive there are other traders stocking these. I buy all my gear from elite shooting centre Burnley and Mike is selling these for £462.00 and has spare mags in stock. I will be using this weapon for skirmishing when doing cqb so large amounts of ammo is not an issue most games i'll be unlucky if i use a hundred rounds. if I'm doing normal skirmishing i'll use one of my aeg's

As an realistic training or mil sim weapon i think it' better than a systema ptw and cheaper. my gun with included mag plus five spare will owe me less than £800.00 . I think both the systema and the wa are fantastic but aimed at slightly different markets. I will be writing a full an honest reveiw in the near future.

As for accuracy, even without a tightbore my WA M4A1 is more accurate than my AEGs.

Pics, groups, or didn't happen! :P

Seriously, a SPR/Mk12 or SR25 (con)version would be very interesting.

Pics, groups, or didn't happen! :P

Seriously, a SPR/Mk12 or SR25 (con)version would be very interesting.

The bolt would need to travel further though, so I don't think it could happen if there was large-scale interest in it anyhow.

Plus a mag would probably cost $200. :P

You mean its no use in a skirmish unless you're able to use some skill and change you're tactics to make good use of the gun, a bit like people who play pistols only agains't AEGs at the local woodland with great success....

....Unless its cold, then you're screwed :D

:D

HA HA! Well put, man, skirmish is not necessarily equals hi-cap+full auto+12vbatt+auto-winding-box-mag, let the kids know that there are people who can move, shoot, communicate and only use low-cap, rely on semi, accurate fire and still kick *albatross*! WA M4 in the warmer days, why not?

Am hurt and distraught Wupjack! :(

What does pics or it doesn't happen mean? are you the review controller? I will take pictures but don't understand the reply

Basically it is a demand of pictures to back up your statement of having every gun ever, in a humourus, if slightly repeatative manner.

Archived