King Arms Releases

Crimson

Not quite sure if this is news used the search cant find anything so ile post this news thread if its old mods please delete:

King arms release their L1A1 AEG in a market already saturated with L1A1 AEG by Star, king arms uses steel accessories on this one , with a operational bolt carrier opening mechanism and full metal body, as with their previous AEGs it boasts high end internals in the gearbox allowing it to use a 12volt battery successfully, delivered by a 7mm gearbox. Comes with a standard 90 round mag.

Those unfamiliar with the rifle :

Known as the SLR (Self Loading Rifle) and is known for is straightforward field stripping and robust nature. The L1A1 is the British version of the Belgian FN FAL rifle. The L1A1 is a reliable, hard-hitting, gas-operated, magazine-fed semi-automatic rifle

Price is TBA

There will be 6 versions of the L1A1:

ka-ag-14.jpg

ka-ag-14a.jpg

ka-ag-14b.jpg

ka-ag-14c.jpg

ka-ag-14d.jpg

ka-ag-14e.jpg

ka-ag-14f.jpg

The first 3 types:

ka-fal_seriesB.jpg

Second Para types:

ka-fal_seriesA.jpg

I've gotten myself one of these, and I can recommend it.

Got weight, and the gearbox sounds like it's top notch.

Haven't opened it yet, though, but you know that sound, that sound of an AEG operating just like it should. It has that sound:P

Not sure if you realise, but the second few groups of pics, showing 2 sets of 3 rifles are FALs not SLRs I believe.

Spilitting hairs I know as the SLR was a licensed copy of the FAL but in semi auto but there were differences! lol

The Star model is still the most accurate as this one has the wrong type receiver as the one there using is the kind found Aussie L1A1's and they didn't number it correctly such as the charging handle.Another problem is that the triggerguard is to far forward unlike the Star and the carry handle is totally wrong it looks like an M249 carry handle and the Radi of the upper receiver does not match the contour of the lower.Also don't mean to bash a new gun but if they expect to beat Star in external differences they are totally wrong.

Well, it beats Star on internals, accuracy and velocity.

And it has blowback, not to mention^^

I've been talking to Mark at KA, and he told me the FALmags would have to be modified to fit, but L1A1mags will probably arrive at the end of the month. :)

So I'm waiting rather than buying and modding FALmags.

Looked kinda awkward at a game the other day, though, had to take cover, remove magazine, use my speedloader to refill, and then get back up to shoot.

The Star model is still the most accurate as this one has the wrong type receiver as the one there using is the kind found Aussie L1A1's and they didn't number it correctly such as the charging handle.Another problem is that the triggerguard is to far forward unlike the Star and the carry handle is totally wrong it looks like an M249 carry handle and the Radi of the upper receiver does not match the contour of the lower.Also don't mean to bash a new gun but if they expect to beat Star in external differences they are totally wrong.

one thing that most don't realize is that there are just about a million versions of FAL/L1A1 variants/parts combos. So I bet the accurately reproduced the one they could get their hands on - but it might not be the lock stock commonwealth L1A1 model.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it beats Star on internals, accuracy and velocity.

And it has blowback, not to mention^^

I've been talking to Mark at KA, and he told me the FALmags would have to be modified to fit, but L1A1mags will probably arrive at the end of the month. :)

So I'm waiting rather than buying and modding FALmags.

Looked kinda awkward at a game the other day, though, had to take cover, remove magazine, use my speedloader to refill, and then get back up to shoot.

Is there anyway to ask Mark @ KA to contact me @ dalmation935@hotmail.com . I have one and it broke the selector the first day and am in need of a selector PLEASE

Is there anyway to ask Mark @ KA to contact me @ dalmation935@hotmail.com . I have one and it broke the selector the first day and am in need of a selector PLEASE

Mine broke tooo! It was a POS! I am not going to purchase from KA until I get loads of positive reveiws!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I have a kA L1A1 and its probably the best gun i have used/own, no bull!

From out of the box it has preformed flawlessly, 2000 ish rounds through it so far and it shoots straighter than anything i have tried!

The guys at Airsoft Armoury put it through their chrono on semi with .20's and we got; 299. 298. 299. 299. 299fps, a little low on power maybe but VERY consistant!

I skirmished with it last sunday and it was awesome, its a little long for crawling through bushes etc but wou will forget about that when you engage long range targets... and hit them! ... I cant wait to see the distance it fires after i have it upgraded to 350fps.

The pistol grip and trigger group appears to be full size unlike the KA FAL series

Field strips like the real steel L1A1 (see below)

Blowback sounds and looks good and does add a little kick to the gun.

The Star L1A1 is slightly heavier and is a little better looking maybe but the KA L1A1's general fit and finish etc is extremely good, aside from a few issue which i have listed below;

There were large seams on the stock and the pistol grip

The fore grip had a gap along the top of where the two parts join.

The fire selector opperates the same as an AK47, Safe, full auto then semi, strange?!

Carry handle is incorrect, either a FAL or Aussie pattern

No proper instructions, comes shipped with a M4 manual with a 1 page suppliment for the L1A1 inserted, strange again!

I removed the large seams (mould lines) on the stock and grip by gently dragging the edge of a sharp craft knife along the seam until flat, then a little sanding with fine grade sand paper, job done, and it feels and looks so much better for it!!!

(i suggest running some masking tape either side of the seam to protect the rest of the stock/grip)

A little careful filing sorted the gap along the fore grip.

I will ask about the fire selectornext time i go to the shop, and im waiting for the delivery of a Real L1A1 carry handle (£10 online)

Now here is the frustrating part, i guess i can field strip it as the take down latch opperates as the RS, the body starts to open like the RS but catches on something, i guess its the air nozzle going into the hop thats stopping it (like the Star L1A1) but as i have no user manual i dont know how to open it properly!

All in all 9.8 out of 10 and my new favourite gun!!!!!!!!!

Buy one!

Alan

Now here is the frustrating part, i guess i can field strip it as the take down latch opperates as the RS, the body starts to open like the RS but catches on something, i guess its the air nozzle going into the hop thats stopping it (like the Star L1A1) but as i have no user manual i dont know how to open it properly!

So how does the Star field strip?

Here's an idea, are you sure you're not supposed to remove that huge coin-screw on the side of the body, then hit the takedown latch so instead of pivoting, the upper receiver slides forward and off?

Hi Utty

I have held Star L1A1 but not had the chance to have a proper play with one. I have read that it strips roughly like this;

Press takedown latch whilst reaching up into the mag well and pushing the hop unit (sprung loaded i think) towards the muzzle of the gun!.

Sliding the hop unit forward frees the air nozzle from the hop unit and enables the body to open far enough to slide the top cover out,

After that i dont know what else you need to do to finish stripping it, im guessing not much!?

As for removing the big coin screws, dont think you need to?? I stripped my King Arms FAL and all i had to do was; remove stock, remove motor & pistol grip, remove fire selector, undo big bolt going into reciever located where the stock mounts, pull upper and lower recievers apart and there you are!

As for my King Arms L1A1, the takedown latch works like the real deal, it has what must be the same setup with the hop unit as the Star, looking into the magwell there is a 20mm slot for the hop unit to slide forward, i tried this but the gun still only opens a bit, im guessing the air nozzle isnt clearing the hop unit properly and i dont want to break either the hop or nozzle by forcing things!

Hopefuly someone with a manual for the King Arms L1A1 (i didnt get one!) might post field stripping instructions (please!!)

Hope that helps

Al

Archived