Airsoft Soldier

Crimson

Jaarko sent in news about new airsoft magazine, called Airsoft Soldier. Well, it is not exactly new, as they have heaps of experience with airsoft publication in Finnish language, Softaaja. Which we have seen and publication is impressive. Anyhow, now in English as Airsoft Soldier
Linky

airsoft_soldier_news_1906.jpg

Source:airsoft news

Printed papers can never compete with the internet in terms of speed of getting the latest word out. However, a well written article doesn't get old, regardless if it's printed on paper or uploaded online. Take a look when you read something really interesting on the internet: Chances are the article was written years ago.

Never mind the articles having been published in Finnish before: They aren't much use to English readers in that language. And subscribers are getting the first issue for free, so you aren't paying anything for the recycled (and updated and translated...) articles.

I don't think if the argument about the internet vs. paper magazine needs to be brought up, because the sales of several other magazines already prove that there are people who appreciate a bit of an old-fashioned portable media. Since people want to read paper magazines, they might as well read something that's made as good as an Airsoft magazine can be.

Cheers,

Sale

Have to say the old thrill of getting the latest edition of your favourite mag, are few and far between. I miss the old days of waiting, thats the only bad thing with the internet it makes you impatient. But also I have to admit there are far mroe benefits with the internet.

Haha, all you get is old articles picked in one magazine :P

But yeah, Softaaja is one hell of a magazine, its great.

Well, those of us who don't live in Finland and/or can't speak/read Finnish won't have seen the content before - so it will seem "fresh" to us.

Besides, I'd rather read translated, original articles than regurgitated Wikipedia content. :P

I've already received my copy of the first issue (very fast response!) and I'm liking it so far. Already the group test of BB (launcher) grenades has been very imformative and a better round-up than anything I've come across before. I also now realise that I wasted my money on the purchase of some shells last year...

I'm enjoying the rest of the articles so far as well - the St. Petersburg one in particular! - and even the occassional examples of "Finglish" grammar.

Onwards and upwards guys!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We just mailed the third issue to our subscribers and dealers. The latest one is of course better than the two first issues combined.

I'll be more active here now since I'm more involved with the magazine, and I also answer questions on our own forums at www.airsoft-soldier.com

Cheers,

Sauli

Archived