KWA P226 PTP

xlizer

It looks like KWA is expanding their PTP line to other types of pistols. This time it's a SIG P226 that they're marketing as a M26R. Unlike how the M9 PTP was manufactured, there seems to be only a full metal version of this one. The other may come later or not at all.

Stocked at AEX:

GUN:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=3725

MAG:

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=3726

Great, now I have to choose between a M9, P226, and 1911. I wish they would stop releasing stuff I want, it's pretty annoying as I do not have enough money to buy it lol.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the first full metal P226 on the market right? Looks like KWA/KSC has a new market ^_^. It's a lot for a pistol though, $170. I bet AEX has it marked up too high, we'll see when more retailers get it in.

Was at AEX Sacramento. Held one, and fired one. The grips feel fantastic. They are a bit slimmer than the TM ones and they are textured fairly roughly, like about 120 grit sandpaper. It feels much more proportionate with the real one due to the weight as well as the grips.

However, firing it was a bit of a let down. The trigger and hammer wasnt as nicely set in as I expected (pull the trigger, hammer would fall but would kinda bounce back and forth at would looks like half cocked). The recoil on it is somewhat sluggish, probably due to the very heavy slide on it. And I did not experience great accuracy. FPS wise, it was constant at about 330fps +/- 5fps on a 10 shot spread.

The trigger and hammer wasnt as nicely set in as I expected (pull the trigger, hammer would fall but would kinda bounce back and forth at would looks like half cocked).

That is how the real P226 works as well. The Tokyo Marui style "all the way down" hammer action is the unrealistic one here.

-Sale

• 2 weeks later...

I have mine. It's brilliant, although i think the slide's too light. Feels like plastic, but it is aluminum under all the paint. Does anyone know if the slide is at all marui compatable, or if there are any aftermarket parts available?

Does anyone know if the slide is at all marui compatable, or if there are any aftermarket parts available?

It's based on the KSC system. Zero compatibility with Tokyo Marui, but you may be able to find some KSC parts should you need them. Or who knows, maybe KWA makes spares available as well. The PTP series seem like quite serious pistols.

-Sale

Archived