New Marushin Shell ejecting Glock

-Clover-

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exciting model a long time.

I agree. I can't see the shells being cheap and the whole thing is probably going to be far from practical, but it's still one of the most interesting things I've seen. Hopefully it will work well and not cost a fortune.

Stuntman's right, not exactly new, but nice to see.

Still if the future's AEPs, I'm all in favour of going back!

Seems Marushin is focussing on the collector/plinker market not the skirmishers, which is probably a smart move the way TM & KSC have that sewn up, not to mention the Taiwanese competition (and the Chinese will undoubtedly move in soon).

Obviously no use to skirmishers and why would movie props need the ability to fire a BB?

Plinkers delight though - Be interesting to see the 18C version in 6mm...

Cheers.

^WHS

AEPs had either get a LOT better with GOOD blowback and better performance or we better back this APC up and head to the 1990s and start over. Still the skirmishablity of of a shell based weapon in the sport of airsoft is weak at best. Indeed a plinkers delight as Snowman said. No ought to punish themselves into skirmishing with these and it is a little odd for a movie prop, but the shells are nice for that.

With the shells taking the space from the gas its one mag per refill if even that. I wish they would go back and tinker more with the caphybrids...I see that Tanaka released their pfc G18C so little movement on that area too, their not history yet.

Caphybrids? I'm aware of a few airsoft guns that could fire pcf and bbs at the same time or separatly, problem with that in a pistol is there would be no room for a firing mech for the bbs.

Yes, the one I have seen was a rifle and essentially a springer. But being crafty folk one can only dream what nicety they could dish if they would bother to, after all the springers were back in the early eighties.

My goodness...

This is pretty neat. Shame they didn’t come out with the 6mm version instead, but either way the 8mm is going to be awesome. I guess its wishful thinking that aftermarket manufactures will offer some type of support for this. MBK's, reinforced parts... all is welcome.

My goodness...

This is pretty neat. Shame they didn’t come out with the 6mm version instead, but either way the 8mm is going to be awesome. I guess its wishful thinking that aftermarket manufactures will offer some type of support for this. MBK's, reinforced parts... all is welcome.

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/event/omochash...6/images/24.jpg

Implies there will be 6mm versions too, although I suppose they COULD just be GBBs...

Nice early style Glock 18C there too...

Wondered what was up with those 1911s, seems they're replicas of polymer framed Kimbers...

Cheers.

Oh I didn’t notice that.

Well hope for the best I guess.

The 18C is nice, but it appears they try to incorporate 2 different styles into one(?). I believe when they came out with the finger grooves, they dropped the extended barrel. Either way new Glock GBB's hitting the market is very exciting...

XD needs a Mateba Unica 6 :P If you wanna see a similar abit classic gun like these there is a video of a Marushin Cz75 on YouTube.

Edit: although the gas went in the gun for a larger mag cap iirc. and there is a review of a Colt 1911 one similar on the "old" Arnies database.

What's all this cry about shell ejecting being not practical? Talking about obvious?

it's not meant to be practical for gaming. Marushin's products are almost always aimed towards collectors/hobbiest ever since they left NBB pistols for major products. Not all company makes airsoft guns for skirmishers/gamers. If you want skirmishable glock, get Marui or KSC.

And of course there is no wood on this gun. It's just translator error. In original document it doesn't say anything about wood. Just grip being HW material and gives heft.

This approach is similar to the old idea. I think it was JAC CZ75(or was it colt?). I don't remember exactly as it was back in early 90s I think. It had basicly same design. But instead the gas storage was just on the back so it had more magazine capacity. Gas tank was built into the gun so it could hooked up to external air source if desired. For this design Magazine was narrower. Obviously shells are shorter than real casings which seems to be exact same case with Marushin Glock. Which I don't compain much. It's a mechanism limitation, unless you want to make it into...uh....springer.

What Marushin did is the gas storage actualy extends and expands at the bottom so it will have ensure blowback/operation while sacrificing ammo capacity. Also gas tank is built into the magazine this time.

Shame the slide is ABS though. But I still would be very interested in this.

I don't think airsoft is going backwords. There always have been demand for such replicas, but with improved functions and shooting exprience compare to old days. Same goes for WA/TK M4. There are many people miss gas powered airsoft rifles but would want to see them with modern engineering and designs. Back in the days before Marui stamping out AEGs, things were pretty much all gas powered. When AEG came out, everyone was jumping on a bandwagon because it was new and runs off battery. After Marui developing and adopting their hopup system, game has ended. After some time now then this factor wearing out, other than pure gamers, AEG wasnt just good enough for hobbiests and collectors. I think AEGs will be still prefered for gaming. Can't beat the convinience and practice.

Not all company makes airsoft guns for skirmishers/gamers.

Isn't that tantamount to accusing them on witchcraft on this forum? ;)

I think most of the comments you've responded to were, to a degree, tongue in cheek - I hope no-one really thought Marushin ever imagined skirmishers in a wet English wood was their target market for a shell ejecting GBB (although sometimes I wonder...)

Cheers.

Hope they come out with 33 rounders. That and their G18C (hope that picture means that there will be shell ejecting G18C), will be very, very fun.

Although, if they had enough engineering prowess to have gas in the shell (like Tanaka shotguns and 40mm grenades), that'd be amazing. But a .45 casing probably has limited space for stuff like that.

Archived