Tanaka New products

Crimson

Exciting news from Tanaka: it appears that PEGASUS system is somewhat revamped. New gas system is called CASIOPEA and uses cartridges as gas holders. How this precisely works is unknown at this moment, but if guys from Tanaka properly pull this off, it could be next big thing in gas driven replicas. Anyhow, airsoft relevant products from Tanaka, available in July, are:

Gas gun M500 8.3inch /BK / Gas Charging Cartridge version 19,800 Yen (118.00 EUR)

Cartridge for Gas gun M500 /5rds 4,500 Yen (26.81 EUR)

Gasblk SIG P220 Japan Air Force HW Ver,2 22,800 Yen (135.88 EUR)

tanaka_cassiopea_2506.jpg

Source: Airsoft news

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC Tanaka uses plastic frames so the Brocock scenario shouldn't be a problem.

Pity the fool that tries to fire real bullet from a plastic Tanaka :)

Maybe not against the spirit, but weren't Brococks banned because the ammunition contained the propellant and the projectile?

From January 20, 2004 it is an offence to manufacture, sell, purchase, transfer or acquire any air weapon using a self-contained gas cartridge system.

This will be the same (Marushin's shells won't as the gas just passes THROUGH the shell) and therefore, probably, illegal in the UK.

No-one ever suggested the law deals in reality, but in precision.

That said, this will basically be 1 shot micro M203 shells and I don't think they're illegal (not sure why they're not, though).

From a more pratical POV, imagine having to load BB and GAS for each and every shot? Not sure I see this as a step forward, personally.

Cheers.

*Jaw drops*

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Now I have to buy the older M500 in midnight gold and this, like right frickin now!!!!!!!! I just sold my old revolver yesterday and this comes out. HECK YEAH!

EDIT:

This is true Snowman, but it is more realistic. And if it shoots as well as the old one, it could possibly usable. That is if they come out with those ring things for shells, forget what they call them. Then I could use a belt of shells to reload, /grin.

Speedloaders :)

It's not the loading of 5 or 6 shells into the cylinder that'll be a pain, but the gassing of each shell each shot (unless somehow they've built in a multishot reservoir).

At least you won't have to worry about the Gas Cartridge issue :)

Cheers.

Very interesting. Now when they get metal kits around the gun could last you for quite some time as no worries about gas leaking. I hope the the shells are consistant and well sealed, the hop is good and that they release speedloaders.

yeah while the loading each shell with gas may be a pain, how many shots do you really get out of the Tanaka Shotgun shells? I guess same theory right?

Again this is more so a collectors dream, and like the Marushin Glock coming out, plinkers and collectors will mainly pick this up. But because it's a revolver, this would make an awesome last ditch type of gun for skirmishers

I wonder how they configured the cartridge. It would make sense to have a single BB loaded at the tip, with the rest of the cartridge used for gas. Which would make more sense because i'm sure you can get about 2-3 shots then out of each fill...

:o Do want!!

proly a box of shells(set of 5 or 6) would likely cost around 50USD though. But damn it. This is freaking ace. I'm not really worried about how many shots you get out of per fill. I would be more worried about the metal contents of the whole gun. I just hope they dont change nice metal cylinder into plastic one just because it no longer will hold gas in it.

Looks to me to be bordering on the brocock system, this could pose a problem for UK residents ?

This will be a major problem for the UK. The Brocock system Airpstols were been converted to fire real bullits, if the Tanaka system is the same then yes it will be a major problem for us over here. I for one wish that it does not see the light of day in the UK we dont need M.A.G and the uneducated saying that Airsoft guns can ALL be converted you all know how it goes. Im only saying this if they CAN be converted if they cannot then there wont be a problem.

Come to think of it, the real pain would be finding space on your person for those jumbo shells.

frankly I'd like to see someone stupid enough to try and their expression when it all goes wrong...

I can't be certain about my source, but it has been reputed here in the past and also the reason why RIFs had been illegal here for quite some time, that heavily modified springer pistols were made into single shot .22LR handguns. The government was alarmed due to the number of incidents when said modified RIFs would back-fire and end up injuring the user.

The shells are loaded with gas themselves hence the price :)

All i need to know is does speed loaders fit the shells ?

Would be great because i had the old air rifle Revolvers that uses shells, the were banned because you can use real bullets in them all you needed to do was drill it out i think they were called brocock pistols

Edit* yeh brocock:

http://www.topham.org.uk/brocock/index2.htm

So will these be legal in the uk as well ?

Archived