New crye precision armor chasis replica

yyc

Please, please, please tell me that there will be gwailo sizes. PLEASE.

Seconded - I'm 6 feet tall, 225 pounds of pure upper body muscle *cough cough* - please tell me there will be one that fits me! :D

Seconded - I'm 6 feet tall, 225 pounds of pure upper body muscle *cough cough* - please tell me there will be one that fits me! :D

Apparently initial reports indicate it fits 36-40" chest, based on the Crye Medium size.

F**K! I'm a 40" chest but I'm 6 foot 5! ARAGHSAASGASHASDJKG:ASGK:ASLJKGL:WEKJ

awesome replica

If it looks anything like the pix, I would not use the term "awesome".

The shapes of the plates are all wrong, and the fabric looks... tacky. :ranting2:

The Strap on the side, is wrong.

The shape of the shoulder is wrong.

The StockLocks is to square.

To few palls on the front panel (Like the first crye prototypes)

The sides is not "hourglass shaped", but just plane stright.

The hook is about right, but looks injection moldet... That won't last long.

The back release looks right, but the cabels look coated with electric insulating rubber... Not good fore smooth pull.

And the BackPlate is: To short, to wide, to loose (maybe just need to be Assembled right), and totaly (!) out of shape.

All in all...

Might be a nice toyvest, for kids... but to use the replica term, I would not.

And the price :blink: for a MultiScam vest ? No way.

If it looks anything like the pix, I would not use the term "awesome".

The shapes of the plates are all wrong, and the fabric looks... tacky. :ranting2:

The Strap on the side, is wrong.

The shape of the shoulder is wrong.

The StockLocks is to square.

To few palls on the front panel (Like the first crye prototypes)

The sides is not "hourglass shaped", but just plane stright.

The hook is about right, but looks injection moldet... That won't last long.

The back release looks right, but the cabels look coated with electric insulating rubber... Not good fore smooth pull.

And the BackPlate is: To short, to wide, to loose (maybe just need to be Assembled right), and totaly (!) out of shape.

All in all...

Might be a nice toyvest, for kids... but to use the replica term, I would not.

And the price :blink: for a MultiScam vest ? No way.

Could you name a "replica" that like the real crye one? and cost less than $300?

Could you name a "replica" that like the real crye one? and cost less than $300?

:rolleyes: ... no.

But asking +300$ for a west that is multiScam, it have to be better then that.

The Flyy vest don't have the hook lock right, but it is multicam, and with other plates in, it is not that bad.

This RedDragon west looks like the one on Ebaybanned, and that's not a good thing, in my book.

:rolleyes: ... no.

But asking +300$ for a west that is multiScam, it have to be better then that.

The Flyy vest don't have the hook lock right, but it is multicam, and with other plates in, it is not that bad.

This RedDragon west looks like the one on Ebaybanned, and that's not a good thing, in my book.

I looked at Flyy vest already. The flyye vest is completely off from my perspective. The sholder pad is NOT even look close. Without the unquie shoulder pad, I wouldn't consider it a "replica". Also the internal pads are way too off too. There is no correct releasing system,the hook etc on the flyye vest either.

This is not Ebaybanned vest which is the clone of the korean gunvest armor chasis. If you do compare the real steel crye armor chasis, gun vest, ebaybanned, flyee, you can see the difference.

$330 shipped for the set ( I preordored, so my price is cheaper ), I can't complain much.

Crye droped the "StockLock" shoulder design. ;)

It might look distinctive, but the RealSteel Crye ArmourChassis don't have it anymore.

Why ? It is no good.. It traps all kind of vegetation, but is no way practical for shooting.

A mate of mine have the Flyy vest, without the stocklock, and that is looking better then this one.

Only real isue is that pals, velcro and rims are a dark brown, not CB and not FG as the Crye model.

Crye droped the "StockLock" shoulder design. ;)

It might look distinctive, but the RealSteel Crye ArmourChassis don't have it anymore.

Why ? It is no good.. It traps all kind of vegetation, but is no way practical for shooting.

A mate of mine have the Flyy vest, without the stocklock, and that is looking better then this one.

Only real isue is that pals, velcro and rims are a dark brown, not CB and not FG as the Crye model.

yes, Crye Gen 2 may go a differect direction from the gen one. But hey, Flyee vest is copy of the gen one crye armor chasis, not gen2 lol. I don't like the idea of the vest replica is made up.

Gen 1 armor chasis in Blackwater

armorchassis.jpg

Yes that were the way it looked... back in 2003/2004.

The the ArmourChassis made for SpecOps personel, today dont have the big StockLocks.

Some call it the Gen 1.5

The "Gen 2" is designed fore the army infantry.

That is another program, and another vest... It have no StockLocks

The Backplate also were originaly made 3-4 different ways.

The one that made it to producktion is this one:

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/btw2004/artic...images/back.jpg

Not this one:

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/btw2004/artic...chassisback.jpg

Yes that were the way it looked... back in 2003/2004.

The the ArmourChassis made for SpecOps personel, today dont have the big StockLocks.

Some call it the Gen 1.5

The "Gen 2" is designed fore the army infantry.

That is another program, and another vest... It have no StockLocks

The Backplate also were originaly made 3-4 different ways.

The one that made it to producktion is this one:

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/btw2004/artic...images/back.jpg

Not this one:

http://www.blackwaterusa.com/btw2004/artic...chassisback.jpg

Yes, it is "replica" we are talking about. If the crye armor chasisi is available to airsoft and I have that much cash, I won't bother buying replica but get the things up-to-date and "real" lol.

Hmm, gotta say, since Duckling pointed out the back plate it's just killed it for me :( To be fair something always bugged me about how this one looked and the backplate was the straw that broke my camel's back.

I just don't like the look of it compared to the "gen 1.5" ones. Looks like i'm waiting the next batch of replica :P

All you get in this deal is faky multischam.

As I did say, the Flyy is bette looking, uses real MC fabric, and is not that expensive.

All in all a better deal.

I see your point. You just want the real MC fabric. I care about the realistic look. I don't mind the fabric is bit off. Flyye vest is $300 alone and I need to spend more on pouches, blast belts. And Flyye's blast belt is not correct either, no padding. For $330, I got everything( pouches/belts ) I need for airsoft. I just to play games once a week, not to war. I don't need the expensive fabric.

A note on the Flyy Chassis.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/2113/flyy1xa4.jpg (Dude with helmet is in a Flyy replica)

It looks browish due to the brown pal-webbing.

EDIT:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5264/sidebyside003vk7.jpg

(Flyy to the right, DD to the Left, gear on the Flyy is Emdom, gear on the DD is TT and CE-Tactical)

I was looking at these pics on the DragonRed Airsoft page. Things I like about it: the front sliding plate and hook. Stock locks (kinda okay). The price. Other than that, for the most I wouldn't buy it. The front and rear plates suffer from the same issues most of the replicas have problems with (except for the DD replica). If they made it with a whole lot more curvature, it'd be a lot better. The overall shape of them are wrong too. And the way it hangs on the body is just wrong. But for the price, that's probably worth it for some people.

I was looking at these pics on the DragonRed Airsoft page. Things I like about it: the front sliding plate and hook. Stock locks (kinda okay). The price. Other than that, for the most I wouldn't buy it. The front and rear plates suffer from the same issues most of the replicas have problems with (except for the DD replica). If they made it with a whole lot more curvature, it'd be a lot better. The overall shape of them are wrong too. And the way it hangs on the body is just wrong. But for the price, that's probably worth it for some people.

It doesn't hang. Just the model didn't wear it well. It looks like hanging because the chest was set too tight.

Archived