KSC TMP at red wolf

brooklyn

OH

MY

GOUD (god spelled wrong.)

First a Tanaka that takes shells, then a GBB SMG that I really want. Guess what Mr. Hyde's doing? Yup, 2 for duel wielding ^_^.

You someone should explain the differences of the hardkick and regular guns in case someone that is posting around this exact time like me can understand.

^_^ RVB FTW.

You someone should explain the differences of the hardkick and regular guns in case someone that is posting around this exact time like me can understand.

Basically, it's the design in the bolt. Non-Hardkick is easier to work on, and the design of it makes it less efficient with gas, but it kicks like a *beep*. The Hardkick version has a few more bits and bobs in the piston area to make it more gas efficient, but its not as fun. Hardkick mags work with the Non-Hardkick version, they just don't lock the bolt back. Haven't gotten the chance to test the other way around yet as my only Hardkick version doesn't work at the moment.

EDIT: Here's to hoping for more piston cups, as I could use a few. Maybe 50. Who knows, I like my TMPs and SPP.

On the V1 the hop is adjusted by removing the upper receiver and using an allen key to adjust a grub screw through a hole in the top of the bolt.

On the V1 the rocket valve is like a marui one, held open by a spring, closed by the gas pressure.

On the V1 the back of the bolt is solid and pushes the hammer back like any normal GBB.

On the V1 the recoil spring is a bit stronger.

On the HK the hop is adjusted by using a proprietary tool through the ejection port, the re-designed hop is a bit weaker and less stable.

On the HK rocket valve is of the new KSC type, held open by the bb in the chamber, closed by gas pressure but assisted by spring on the piston head.

The rocket valve gets mis-shapen because in operation it slams into a steel pin, once it is bent the gun starts mis-feeding horribly.

Also the poor new hop design means the valve doesn't consistently open with a bb in the chamber.

On the HK the back of the bolt has a spring loaded flap, it pushes the bolt back into the full stand position then as it goes forward the flap rides over the hammer (sort of like in the TK VP70). This reduces friction in the system allowing the bolt to move faster. The removal of material to make room for the flap has considerably weakened the back of the piston and now it is prone to failure.

On the HK the recoil spring is weaker, this means the new faster moving bolt slams into the recoil spring guide going really quickly, the force is then passed onto the plastic at the back of the lower receiver, this pushes the upper receiver which snaps.

If you gave me both guns to look at I would think the V1 is the newer design. It works better and is more robust.

You can get the mags to work with the wrong type of gun but you have to shim the groove the mag catch retains so the mag sits a bit higher in the gun.

The best thing to use is slices of coke tin and superglue.

Archived