TSI Armories AK Accessory Line

orca

TSI was kind enough to send over the following information on the following AK accessories:

post-532-1214787681_thumb.jpg

• Tactical Fire Selector
  • SAR Style Flash Hider
  • MAR Style Flash Hider
  • M16 Magazine Adapter
  • Galil Style hand Grip

Gents (and ladies), TSI Armories has introduced a unique new line of AK accessories. http://www.flickr.com/photos/11619478@N06/2623134508/ You can also check them out on our web site at http://www.tsiarmories.com

Thanks,

Guy Ayal TSI Armories LLC

I have their M16 mag adaptor. Very nice piece of precision work there. Looks pretty dang sexy in a MAR too.

As for the TAVOR, they had a Rapid Prototyped sample at the recent Weekend of Heroes in Glendale CA. Some additional tweaking needs to be made, but everyday they're closer to a finished product. It'll use a version 3 Gear Box with an electronic trigger and accept any kind of currently available AR mag. Still no word on the exact release date but last I heard was that they were hoping to have it out by this holiday shopping season (I'm guessing November-ish). MSRP... should be a LOT cheaper than their Galil lineup.

The AK Tactical fire selector was a cool piece and situates the selector into a much more easy to reach position.

Electronic trigger as in mosfet or something else?

That selector looks interesting but its pretty expensive for a small piece of steel. I think thats about the same price as the real enhanced AK safety levers but i could be wrong on that, havent checked recently.

all reality set aside, that AK is subtly but surely raped.

i dont have too much of a problem with "tacti-cool", but the mag is too far for me.

and yes, buggyer333, i am curious to see a 9mm ak. curious. not saying i'll like it, just curious.

edit: i do like everything else on there though. the mag just doesn't fit that gun in my mind. on a Galil is acceptable.

MSRP on the Tavor21 is supposed to be around $500. That magwell is horribly overpriced, a little outsourcing on that would have made it much cheaper.

Wait, you mean to tell me $500ish including a replica sight of some kind? (mepromor or MARS)

$110 is not cheap. Had they cast the entire thing, it would be 1/4 the price, but being that it is CNC'ed from a block of aluminum and done within the USA at their facility instead of outsourced to China. No it's not cheap... But given what it took to get made was unavoidable. If you think it's too expensive or too much AK rape, don't buy it. It'll tell them that either their prices are too high or the idea isn't good. But to some, myself included, I think the idea of it (for my Galil at least) is a good one, and price acceptable.

BTW these mag adapters do exist for the real Galil. It just so happens that for AEGs it'll work for AKs too. Yes you could say why not just buy an AR? Well for myself, I have many guns and if I can turn up to an OP with all my guns using the same mag, that would save me a lot of effort of not bringing multiple types of mags and different rigs to hold them.

Source or gtfo! :o

TSI armories quality + cheap price + tavor = lighter wallet :P

No doubt. I don't pay over $500 for a gun outright (although I usually dump hundreds into it after the fact... go figure). This is the right price for me.

So, this will be with the iron sights, will it come with a 1913 rail adapter like the sniper version comes with?

Would it be possible to purchase a MARS or the newer style Meprolight sight with the low profile Tavor mount?

Archived