The Best Practical Skirmish Pistol (Stock)

DecimusKrieg

Ok, to begin, this isn't a what am best gun topic (I'm not after a new pistol, just your opinions and hopefully a good conversation). What I'm asking, are to those of you who have had a fair bit of experience on the field with pistols, which have you found to be most effective and moreover, why.

So, with aethetics completely irrelevent in this instance, I want you to consider practical features such as accuracy, magazine capacity, gas capacity, reliability, versatility, size, range, toughness, power (to some extent), colour (chrome obviously not being the most practical) etc etc. Remember however, only to discuss stock guns. You can of course mention things such as rails which can add to versatility for example.

Only thinking briefing, the ones that spring to my mind are the Maruzen P99 NBB (Accurate, decent range, Quiet!, good capacity and all the benefits of a NBB), Glocks- TM and KSC (though I'd side more with the TM) for virtually all of the advantages I listed earlier, HFC Beretta... possibly a controversial choice for some but allows for practical skirmish gun at a cheap price. Oh, and the TM Sig P226 and Hi Capa 4.3... and others but there's a few to get you thinking.

Just this brief list does miss out some of the shining stars when it comes to airsoft pistols, such as TM's Desert Eagle, 1911, many of Tanaka's beautiful revolvers, Western Arms delicious pieces and KSC's very accurate and skirmishable reproductions. But many of these do lack practical aspects, for example, the Deagle is far too large, the 1911 lacks superior gas capacity etc. So yea, I'd like to know your thoughts as to the best skirmish pistol(s) avaliable (so not for plinking, collecting, target shooting- for skirmishing!)

Thanks,

Decimus.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
f

rom what I've heard and seen the cyma glock 18's are amazing. They are way more reliable than any gbb.

Good point, can't believe I totally missed the aep angle. Yes, that they are, very high ammo capacity with their 100 round mags, very reliable, good range, very good indeed. The only practical downsides seems to be range compared to some GBBs and of course power, but power isn't the be all and end all by any means.

Decimus.

no, it isn't, but FPS and distance can certainly play a big role.

Good right out of the box? there's a whole list of them. I don't know which is best, though, sorry!

Anyway, here's what I'd recommend based off of experience, and then after that it comes down to aesthetics/personal taste:

TM Hi-Capa's

TM P226

TM Desert Eagle - a bit harder to find a holster.

TM Mk.23 SOCOM NBB. VERY skirmishable pistol, just hard to find a holster for it. And it's not blowback...

HFC M9's - Sturdy and while not quite as accurate as TM they hit a little harder, and there's a whole host of variants including a 0-S-F option, compensators, and rails.

KJ M9 - performance wise, they're like the HFC M9's, but not as many options off the shelf.

KJ Mk.1 - though I'd watch out, this one can be a VERY powerful little bugger - My friend runs two and one of them chrono'd at about 1.6 joules on Green/Top.

From a pure skirmishablitly veiwpoint I'd have to go with the TM hicapas. They have the great TM build quallity, no nonesence 1911 controls, large mags for plenty of gas storage and rails as standard. The only down side is you cant get fitted holsters for them altho I have hurd a roumour that the 4.3 will fit in some Glock holsters.

I wouldnt rate the TM Mk.23 as a good skirmish backup pistol tho as its just too damn big.

As a pistol its great (I own one myself) but even with the milspex holster which lets you carry it with everything attached if you want its still annoying to carry as a backup. The rail isnt a standard 20mm one either meaning you can only use the standard lam which isnt great if you need a good light for night games.

As a primary pistol in a CQB game on the other hand its great, the supressor makes it whisper quiet and the lam puts out just enough light to find your way around without letting everyone know where you are.

My fave pistol has to be the good old TM 1911 tho, I can forgive its poor gas capacity as I just prefer the thin grips over the wider grips every other pistol I've used has. And its bmb proof, I've had mine since they came out and have put at god knows how many rounds thru it, popped the slide off the rails from dropping it couple of times, had the barrel bushing come out of the front of the slide about 2-3mm from emptying a mag in one go on a hot summers day and apart from a little loss in accuracy it still throws bbs out to AEG range with enough accuracy to hit a man sized target.

since I generally have a primary, my pistol doesnt have to be very skirmishable. But it does need to be a solid performer, decent, and a good bit of kit.

I have a stock KSC metal usp .45 for skirmishing. More than decent, and had a funny moment a week ago when i popped 4 guys with it after they'd come into a room at Marsh Farm. Nice and black, and is good either for a military or a SWAT style loadout. Its got a rail on the lower frame as stock which can clip a tac light or laser on, good for CQB obviously and low light conditions.

i would go with the KWA G23f.

accuracy is decent...not as good as my old TM detonics but still good out to a good 50 feet

magazine capacity is good if you dont want to go AEP route...20/25/50 round mags available

gas capacity is ok...not as bad as the 1911A1 but certainly not as good as a hicapa(i dont own one but my friends one was good)

reliablity is a bit of a let down...it didnt blow up but the S/FA selector popped out and i lost that darn ball bearing and the rod thing. luckily i had a parts 26c to strip for parts

versatility is good...has the capabilty to go Semi or Full auto with the flick of the thumb and triggerpull isnt that bad

size is excellent...I have semi big hands so size isnt to much of an issue...its not to big like the G18C where people with smaller hands might have trouble but its not super small like the G26C where even i have trouble gripping that little hose. it has the size of the G19 which is quite numerous yet has the FA capability like the 18C and 26C.

range is ok...not to short like the TM Detonics or G26C but definately not as good as the TM Line of GAS/AEP Guns.

toughness is good...the KWA Glocks that i have seen come with metal slides so you dont have to go out and buy a new metal slide like the TM series.

power is good stock wise...mines chrono'ed 310-315 on a nice sunny day with propane. granted its not as good as something like the TM Desert Eagle but not power lacking like the AEP line of guns. but like they say power isnt everything.

color is good.

Ive used a TM mk23 and a TM p226 as well as a KWC plastic co2 sigma

As far as gas to shots the sigma was amazing, it didnt shoot all that far, but i could throw alot fo rounds out very quickly, had balance issues tho, and began to wear out.

TMmk23-its quiet thats for sure and has some range, i have a drop leg that will fit it, but drop legs arent my favorite

TM p226-This thing has good range, and has better accuracy that the mk23, this could be me, as the blow back compensates for my inability to not jerk the pistol slightly. But it can be kept on ones rig, even in an m4 pouch, this is by far my favorite.

I like to have a small pistol on my belt for that 'just in case' feeling, USPc from KWA fits the bill nicely- small frame, simple controls (combination safety and decocker), adequate range for a back up.

TM P226 is a good back up as well, with the hop set it gives great accurate range, mine ran fine on green gas.

TM Mk23 is excellent as a silent alternative for sneaky work, with the hop set and a good braced aim you can play sniper or use it as a primary for CQB.

:devil:

I have yet to skirmish with my HFC M190, but it kicks quite hard and shoots quite far.

I HAVE skirmished with my TM MK23. It's EXTREMELY accurate and SUPER quiet. Shoot, HSGI makes a holster that'll fit it, and so does Safariland. I'm sure Guarder's (sp?) Hurricane holster will fit it, as well.

The only problem I've encountered with the MK23 is that the magazines don't like loading. The BB's get stuck and hold the spring down, thus keeping the BB's from exiting the magazine. It's annoying, especially when you NEED it to shoot fast.

:D

For a stock out of the box best skirmishing pistol it has to be the TM hi capa 4.3, either the standard or the bling custom if you want ambidextrous safety.

large BB and gas capacity

awesome range and reliability

legendary TM internals

Fantastic hop

built in rail to take a tac light

easily customised ( why you would want to though I don'yt know, I have three 4.3's, 2 black and one custom, all are stock and awesome)

It's not the cheapest, but best value isn't what the thread asks for.

The TM P226 and TM Glock 17 both come a very close second, but for skirmishability it has to be the Hi Capa.

Archived