Need help with adding a red dot to a G36

mr.m

As some of you may know from posting or reading my recent topics have have just recently purchased a TM G36C...I know that on the topic it said i decided to go with Echo 1,but somebody persuaded me outside of the topic...now back to the question I have. Can I just attach a red dot scope to my G36 without any mounts becuase it comes with a rail...because for my MP5 when I used the red dot I scope I needed to buy a rail,but the G36C already has one...If I do just attach it by won't it block the view of my sights. DO you think that this will make a difference or that it doesnt matter because of the scope?

not sure what the issue is here. the G36 has a rail so use it. Yes it will block the sights, but if the red dot is working you won't need the sights.. if not then take it off and it won't block the sights.

Surely this info would have been obvious just by putting the red dot on and seeing if it fits?

no worries Mr.M, the only bad question is one thats not asked.

U should have no problems fitting a red dot to a G36. it just depends on what kind of carrying handle is on yr G36. As it is a C i think it should be fine since my G36 is also a C.

I use an aimpoint style as u can see in the pic below. I've removed the rear sights since i dont need it with a red dot on.

elviramain01478.jpg

btw someone else had this on another G36 thread.

im planning both the sight removal and bipod on the beast, though when i take out the sights im planning on filling the gaps on the rail with these:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...G36FRK_srch_g36

just to give it that smooth look, either that or just do the back and get a funky freedom arts on for the front.

Im considering it, to give the toprail that nice flush look

to the best of my knowledge (not complete by any standards) it's generally known as a scope. is there a realsteel red dot ACOG is it just a 4x scope?

EDIT: Just did a quick search. I can only see references to a telescopic ACOG outside of airsoft, so it would be in the same catagory as the SUSAT (which makes a certain amount of sense as it's replacing the SUSAT)

from what wiki says, ACOG seems to be a category itself, and the SUSAT is an ACOG

from wiki:

The Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (normally abbreviated ACOG) is a commonly used telescopic sight for firearms, particularly carbines and assault rifles, such as the M16 series. In contrast to sniper rifles, which generally have special or hand-crafted scopes that can magnify in excess of 10x, ACOGs generally only possess magnification of 1.5x–5.5x (depending on model). They feature a fiber optic light-gathering rail for daytime use and tritium-illuminated reticle for nighttime use — unlike "red dot" electronic sights, such as the Aimpoint CompM2 (known in the U.S. military as M68 CCO), these scopes do not require batteries. The United States Army and Marine Corps both field ACOGs, while Marines have recently reclassified inventories as the AN/PVQ-31 Rifle Combat Optic or RCO, based on the TA31 model ACOG. [1]

SUSAT is an acronym for Sight Unit Small Arms, Trilux and is a 4x optical sight with tritium-powered illumination for night sighting.

thus im inclined to consider that a SUSAT is a kind of ACOG

Red dot sight typically refers to an enclosed tube holding the workings such as with your Aimpoint or a Walther RDS for example.

A reflex sight is a type of red dot that is not enclosed to such a degree such as an Eotech or the reflex sights which are flat with only the glass (and adjustment knob) protruding above the horizontal plane.

A scope than provides a telescopic zoom is normally referred to as zoom scope and these include typical "sniper scopes" and susats.

If a zoom scope has a dot or the reticule lights up it is said to have an illuminated reticule or IR, for example the real steal ACOG typically has a 4x zoom with an illuminated chevron reticule.

ACOGs in airsoft are typically red dot flavour although they also come in zoom.

Edit because I fail at typing, among other things.

from what wiki says, ACOG seems to be a category itself, and the SUSAT is an ACOG

from wiki:

The Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (normally abbreviated ACOG) is a commonly used telescopic sight for firearms, particularly carbines and assault rifles, such as the M16 series. In contrast to sniper rifles, which generally have special or hand-crafted scopes that can magnify in excess of 10x, ACOGs generally only possess magnification of 1.5x–5.5x (depending on model). They feature a fiber optic light-gathering rail for daytime use and tritium-illuminated reticle for nighttime use — unlike "red dot" electronic sights, such as the Aimpoint CompM2 (known in the U.S. military as M68 CCO), these scopes do not require batteries. The United States Army and Marine Corps both field ACOGs, while Marines have recently reclassified inventories as the AN/PVQ-31 Rifle Combat Optic or RCO, based on the TA31 model ACOG. [1]

SUSAT is an acronym for Sight Unit Small Arms, Trilux and is a 4x optical sight with tritium-powered illumination for night sighting.

thus im inclined to consider that a SUSAT is a kind of ACOG

Erm, right. Er yes, you are right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,&:

Aim point is the Brand name of a manufacturer,,,,,,,,,,,& among other things, they are well known for their series of reflex (red dot, non magnifying) sights we see, so often copied by G&P etc.

The reflex bit refers to, how the reticule is projected onto & reflected off of the front of the optic onto the eye. Allowing both eyes open, target acquisition. These are available in tube form, like the 'Aim points' or more open ones by 'Cobra' or Eotech' etc.

The ACOG acronym is most commonly associated with a range of sights produced by 'Trigicon' (I think that's how it's spelled). The most popularly copied, being a 4x mag sight, developed for m16's/m4s (call 'em what you will) which incorporated a reflex (triangular red or amber) reticule instead of the regular cross hairs.

The susat is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, er, it's a magnifying sight with a fairly unusual 'spike' type reticule. Non reflex I believe.

So!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Er I think, I'm not writing this very well & I'll let someone else have a go.

I know what I mean. :lol:

Greg.

i know wot u mean.

can we continue this interesting discussion in this thread? :)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry1831644

If you're really interested, we can continue it at Epsom tomorrow! :lol:

I find talking a lot more entertaining than writing...............& it's almost bed time. :(

Greg.

Archived