GM9X (Name Pending)

Five-sEvEn

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the sight from the MP5k.

lol QFT

woah... I don't like the look of the G36 scoped carry handle on it too much. It looks like a scaled down 9mm version of the G36 with a M4 stock on it lol. And the C carry handle just looks plain weird and a paint to attach. Not to mention I have to saw off my front sight.

I actually have a thing about permanently modifying parts. And since the bipod foregrip and barrel is the relatively rare G&P set, I have an incentive not too lol. I plan on building a mount off of a sawed off MP5K foregrip if I can source a spare one.

Here's pictures of your guys' suggestions:

15obciu.jpg

2el9g91.jpg

And a previous suggestion from a fellow board member:

vdn2av.jpg

I'm actually planning to stick a cantilevered aimpoint on the low profile rail I have when the RDS comes in, as a more of a final decision.

Looks like this guy hates Hk's wink.gif

Interesting concept, non the less. How is the ergonomics?

Hehe I love HKs due to how different they can be and yet how they're so similar you can almost picture mixing and matching everything together.

Ergonomics are much better than my CQB configuration (see below). and feel very much like a shortened G36 or similar to an M4.

That taking AK-74 plastic mags and an MP5 series sliding stock would be amazing.

Would you be interested in posting how you did it, such that others might try?

To be honest I'm still waiting on the MP5K foregrip so I can modify it to take the G36 foregrip without modification. I'm actually trading the G&P handguard for a CA36 handguard + mp5k foregrip + some cash so I can finish the main hurdle in this project. I will definitely post pictures on my construction process detailing how I will go about attaching them though.

I'm not so sure how you would go about adding AK mags to a gun this small, but that'd sure be interesting lol. A sliding stock is more doable but I don't think I'd like the look.

----------------------------

And since I'm at home, Here's what I originally wanted to post:

My Perfect Airsoft platform: MP5K

Introduction:

I don't know about you. But when I first started airsoft, I thought of the idea of making an "ultimate airsoft platform" so to speak. Something that can encompass all aspects of the game of airsoft, in a single if not modular gun, reducing cost and space requirements. What most people end up doing (including myself) is buying a weapon for the specific role. Ex. MP5K for CQB, AK for assault, M14 for sniper, etc etc. What my goal for this project is to use the same base gun for sniping, supporting, assaulting, use in cqb, and use as a backup/secondary.

My chosen platform:

The Tokyo Marui MP5K is my choice for my ultimate airsoft platform. Now, before you burst into laughter, let me tell you a little about the gun (if you don't know already). The TM MP5K has a Version 3 gearbox, and has an extremely stable hopup design similar to the AK designs. It takes standard MP5 magazines which are easy to carry and attach to your body without sacrificing too much mobility. The regular hicaps have a capacity of 200 rounds making it large enough to keep up with a high ROF setup (cqb) but small enough where mag changes should be frequent enough to still retain some of that "airsofting" aspect of the game. A plus in my opinion. For the role of support, a couple of manufacturers produce drum or C mags for the MP5 series, and I just so happen to have a TOP 1000rnd drum mag I plan to modify into an autowinder.

Due to the robust design and many upgrade parts for the Ver3 gearbox, creating a high speed or high power setup is by far from a dream. I recall my local shop creating a 500FPS MP5KPDW a few years ago using the stock length barrel (141mm) and a 7mm gearbox. With the latest advances in technology, it wouldn't be too far fetched to imagine an MP5K with enough power to rival an average airsoft sniper rifle. Also advances in hopup and tightbore technology have been made for even more accurate and distant shots from an eletric gun.

My problems:

Well, to have a gun that does everything is one thing, but aesthetics play a very important role in airsoft IMO. Most of Marui's legacy AEGs have basically the same ROF and basically the same power, but the major performance differences between the guns is not just their maximum magazine capacity, but rather how they look and feel. If I was going to snipe or assault with an MP5K, I would want to dress it up for the part as much as I could. My challenge was to then design a modular system that would allow me to swap out parts depending on the situation I intended my gun for.

My solution:

For the longest time I've owned my MP5K, I found a solution for the CQB and Backup configurations, but charging in an assault just didn't feel right with such a small gun. After some research on custom/combination guns on the internet, I tried a little experimenting with some guns lying around. Eventually, through inspiration by Donuts XM90, I came to the conclusion that the forgrip and barrel from a G36 attached to the MP5K would provide a very good feel to the gun making it more aesthetically suited for the roles I planned to use it for.

My project in it's current form:

Base gun TM MP5K with CA metal body. Flashhider/barrel/silencer attachments used with Mosquito Molds -14mm adapter.

CQB/Backup/Assault/Support configuration:

PDI 130% (possible upgrade to 140% soon)

Systema High Speed gears

Systema Tappet plate

Bigout BOS Sector Chip

Systema High speed motor

Systema Nozzle

KA Bearing Spring guide

Angel HS piston

Angel Piston head with bearing

ACTION 6mm bearings

Firefly Kurage Soft hopup (might try Prometheus soon)

Bigout H hop

KM TN 170mm Tightbore

Assault/Sniper configuration: (A secondary gearbox which is purely conceptual at the moment)

Systema M120SP

[TBD] "Infinite" torque gears

Systema Tappet plate

Bigout BOS Sector Chip

Systema Magnum motor

[TBD] Nozzle

[TBD] Bearing Spring guide

Supercore piston

[TBD] Piston head with bearing

[TBD] 7mm V3 gearbox bored out to 8mm

ACTION 8mm bearings

Prometheus Soft(purple) hopup

Bigout H hop

KM TN 455mm Tightbore

Aesthetic configurations:

Backup:

bikrow.jpg

The most basic configuration to be used in conjunction with another gun. The gun with a standard length, or extended (170mm) barrel with flashhider covering the excess, a 240round hicap, and currently with an external 9.6v for high ROF or internal 8.4v stick battery for reduced weight.

CQB:

9vjeaq.jpg

The configuration it's been geared towards for most of it's life. 170mm barrel with 200mm silencer covering the barrel and silencing the gun. A compliment of enough 200rnd hicaps for the job. External 9.6v 3000mah large battery. M4 stock. UTG claw mount. Generic RDS.

Assault:

29w2zb5.jpg

(picture is not final configuration)

This configuration and the following configurations have yet to be completed. 170mm or 455mm barrel with matching gearbox depending on field restrictions. G&P G36 foregrip and barrel with stock flash hider. Low profile Scope mount. G&P cantilever aimpoint. M4 stock with gearbox matching battery mounted on it. Complimented by as many 200rnd hicaps for the job.

Support:

2rge5wo.jpg

This configuration still needs the drum mag finished.

170mm barrel. G&P G36 foregrip with bipod and barrel with M249 flash hider. M4 stock. UTG Claw mount. Generic RDS. M4 stock with 9.6v 3000mah large battery. Finished with an autowinding 1000rnd Modified Top Drum mag, and as many MP5 hicaps as I can carry on my person.

Sniper:

206hfsy.jpg

This configuration is the furthest from reality right now (due to the issue of a second gearbox)

455mm Barrel with matching gearbox (400FPS min). G&P G36 foregrip with bipod and barrel with 200mm silencer. M4 stock with gearbox matching battery. UTG Claw mount. 4x32 Illuminated scope. And as many MP5K or MP5 standards as I can dig up.

Summary:

As you can see, the creation of an all in one gun that matches the aesthetics and performance of all the major airsoft roles is a definite possibility. As a backup the gun is compact and light enough to be effective. As a CQB weapon the ROF is enough for the job and the profile of the weapon is small enough not to get caught on things. As an assault weapon it feels like an assault weapon (except for the magazines) and can definitely compete with the higher end guns out there. As a support gun, it can dish out a respectable ROF (25RPS+) at a decent fps (330minimum). And as a sniper rifle, it can achieve some of the maximum field limit velocities here while still retaining a decent rate of fire due to the full sized V3 gearbox.

Haha, at the moment it's just slid on. It seems to fit the MP5K like a glove. All it needs is a modified vertical grip with the proper shims and securing points and it should be rock solid. I should be getting one soon to modify, but I'm trading away the G&P bipod-ey ness for a CA front and the vert grip. I might buy another bipod in the future.

Horay for disgusting creations!!!!! LET THE MATING BEGIN!!!

I personally like the look, and think it far from disgusting...

One of the reasons I like HKs is because they are so modular, bits from one fit onto another and often work ((Not necessarily true of airsoft, I know.)) and they are well designed and quite comfortable in my experience.

I only requested the AK74 mags and sliding stock out of personal like for a. the look of the stock, and b. the look of black or 'plum' mags with that set up in my head. Do what you will with your kit, by all means. That's the fun part about this sort of thing, endless variations for endless tastes.

I personally like the look, and think it far from disgusting...

One of the reasons I like HKs is because they are so modular, bits from one fit onto another and often work ((Not necessarily true of airsoft, I know.)) and they are well designed and quite comfortable in my experience.

I only requested the AK74 mags and sliding stock out of personal like for a. the look of the stock, and b. the look of black or 'plum' mags with that set up in my head. Do what you will with your kit, by all means. That's the fun part about this sort of thing, endless variations for endless tastes.

Yay for HK's modular-ness! After fussing with the parts and discovering how rediculously well they fit together, I decided to undertake this project.

I don't mind suggestions at all. In fact, that was the whole reason why I created this thread before I finished. If I could find a way to attach the 74 mags to my gun, I'd definitely mock up an image lol. I don't necessarily have a sliding stock on hand either, but it would've been interesting to see what it would've looked like. Photoshop is always a good friend to have around... Unfortunately I don't have it on my other computer at the moment.

But onto the other reason for this post:

b6ty1j.jpg

Here's a little update from today. I exchanged the G&P handguard and bipod with gunaholic336's CA36 handguard and a MP5K foregrip which I promptly hacked away at.

I've modded the vert grip in such a way that it fits very very nicely into the foregrip with minimal play between both parts, leaving a very solid fit and base to continue modding from.

There's not much left in this project but to finish up my design, so unless anyone else has anymore suggestions...

If you have, and can mod on, a G36 magwell, it is apparently possibly to jerry-rig an AK mag to working in it, as shown in the "HKs take on the AK" thread.

I'm not seeing how that part fits into the gun, I guess I'll just have to wait for more pics then...

G36 magwell doesn't look so bad on the K. Still looks like a mini G36 if you ask me. Parts don't fit so nicely so I don't have a pic this time. The feed tube from the magwell sits too far forward of the original hole, and I'd have to permanently modify the metal body to accept the magwell sadly.

The foregrip fits VERY nicely with the new addition of my newly bodged up vertgrip/attachment-point-thing. It's a friction fit at this point, but there's enough space in the vert grip to drill holes for mounting screws/plates to attach to the bottom of the foregrip without modifying it. To sum things up, the foregrip/adapter has been modified so there's basically no vertical play at this point, and i plan to stick screws through the bottom to make sure it doesn't slide off, and finish fixing the vertical play.

Kinda hard to explain, more pics will come.

Can't wait to see this thing completed. It looks very unique but at the same time doesn't seem like it required to much modding.

Hehe, things probably aren't going to change much right now unless I get more suggestions. The only thing I really have to do is complete my adapter. This project is actually very simple. It's just the creation of an adapter for the MP5K that accepts G36 front ends without modifying them in anyway. I just wanted to post it for lulz :P I also wanted people's take on my gun, and if they had any suggestions for building it and such.

Hehe Thanks! I actually thought about adding a full stock, but I can't figure out how it attaches normally! (I have basically no experience with m16 variants) If someone could provide me with a description and/or diagram it'd be much appreciated

Actually I had Connery's short stock for a while before he sold it... I wish I tried it when I had it...

But otherwise I plan to eventualy add a crane stock when I finish this project to house the 9.6. I just gotta find a cheap nice one... :P

I'll definitely look into the full stock when I can find a cheap one.

For now I'm working on getting my crane stock setup. Just bought a STAR one the other day but still no battery :P

Hopefully I can get the final mounting hardware for the foregrip today.

In the meantime...

j0a7ug.jpg

and

Got my RDS and selector switch!

2e3yb8x.jpg

Hokus Pokus: Thanks!

Burke: holy zomg! That's freaking awesome! I have my stock mp5k body lying around now, I think I'll make a STANAG version of this once I get out of being poor and get enough parts/guns (spare M4 lower and pins and second MP5K). I might run into issues with the motor mounting though. The MP5K lower is fatter than a normal MP5 lower sadly. Due to the MP5K running a V3 opposed to a V2, I might have to also file down the sides of the lower to get the gearbox to fit. The good thing is that the motor mounts like standard V2 style without a motor cage, so we still have some leeway there.

But as it stands right now, I'm definitely not hacking away at my CA metal body. They're rare enough as it is (at the moment). But I really like the idea of this project, and wanna try it someday definitely lol. Maybe you'll see a thread with "GM4X" in the title someday :)

That taking AK-74 plastic mags and an MP5 series sliding stock would be amazing.

og9xdu.jpg

I hate you... soo much lol. I like crazy creations, but even I have to know my limits lol.

This would be sweet if you did Epyon's MP5/m4 magwell conversion.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=32922.0

But you sir on the other hand...

2q9fn8w.jpg

have a beautiful creation that I want to see come to life someday...

It's the bigger brother my gun doesn't yet have... and I like it soooo much lol.

Archived