2Roy Aluminium CNC metal body for WA M4

kullwarrior

"This is 100% CNC metal body set for WA M4 with 17PCS small custom parts including CNC stock pipe"

Does that mean they're only releasing 17 metal bodies? If so thats kind of...odd.

I wonder if the body has any trademarks on it.

"This is 100% CNC metal body set for WA M4 with 17PCS small custom parts including CNC stock pipe"

Does that mean they're only releasing 17 metal bodies? If so thats kind of...odd.

Sounds more like they're releasing a set of parts that total 17 individual pieces per set.

I am amazed at how much attention the WA m4 is getting.

I really think its awesome that so many third parties are jumping to support this replica. Its really amazing that it took three years for anyone to start producing for the PTW but replacement parts, upgrades and god knows what else started popping up TWO weeks after the release of the WA m4.

This product must be a HUGE success in Japan.

That doesn't look cheap...

Yeah... that said, the quality looks exceptionally high. :) I like the trades too. I wonder if they will do blank receivers? (Mmmmm... laser engraved custom VLTOR markings...) :D

I can't tell if one of the parts they include with the set is the bolt catch. Can anyone tell from those pics?

The disassembly/reassembly guide kinda scares me. I envision myself with a whole bunch of spare parts and scratching my head saying I have no f'ing idea where this part goes. Yikes. :blink:

Sure, so far you could build almost a whole M4 from parts.

You would be missing a few bits from the inside, a couple of tiny springs etc.

But there is nothing odd about that. People have been doing it to AEGs for years.

Look in the 2011 picture thread and you will see WA pistols that have perhaps 1 or 2 WA parts left in them.

The idea is that you buy a weapon which works well and shoots well then you do a bit at a time, always maintaining the functionality but moving towards a particular æsthetic or performance based goal.

I have a Marui sig P226 that is hardly marui at all and a 1911 that has about 6 marui bits left in it.

The Prime metal kit for my Browning MKIII cost nearly as much as this kit.

Call it £450 to £470 posted, that's a lot but if those parts take you to your goal it is fine.

Some company will wind up making a clone and if you are going to totally upgrade the gun you are best buying that but early adopters always pay the price.

I will probably fit maximum aftermarket parts, keep the old ones, build a gun out of them, order the last few bits as spares and sell it to make some cash back.

$834 bucks......for just the body and buffer tube basically.....

*shakes head* That is worth 400 bucks MAYBE. Hell you could buy a RS lower/upper for about 200-300 and probably convert them over if you had the time. (ya ya I know that doesn't work for the guys not in the US)

$834 bucks......for just the body and buffer tube basically.....

*shakes head* That is worth 400 bucks MAYBE. Hell you could buy a RS lower/upper for about 200-300 and probably convert them over if you had the time. (ya ya I know that doesn't work for the guys not in the US)

RS parts are mostly cast steel and are made in large volume. All of the 2Roy parts are CNC'ed from a block of aluminum (presumably) and are a limited production run. Those differing factors is why the 2Roy is so expensive. The fact that so many of the 2Roy parts are CNC'ed is a bit excessive. I really don't need a machined trigger guard for example.

Also, you need a FA license to buy a RS lower. It would be too much of a pain for me to try and get one out here in Cali. :(

Also, you need a FA license to buy a RS lower. It would be too much of a pain for me to try and get one out here in Cali. :(

Just a slight correction. You can buy an Off List Lower in CA, the same way you buy any long rifle. No special license needed. Addition of DROS charges and possible transfer fees + 10 day waiting period. But I do agree with USCM. Def not worth doing when going that route you can much more easliy build a real AR. And I'm guessing the conversion won't be fun at all ;P

Just a slight correction. You can buy an Off List Lower in CA, the same way you buy any long rifle. No special license needed. Addition of DROS charges and possible transfer fees + 10 day waiting period. But I do agree with USCM. Def not worth doing when going that route you can much more easliy build a real AR. And I'm guessing the conversion won't be fun at all ;P

I agree. I was just making a point in that its getting kind of sad in what airsoft is starting to cost in some ways.

It never really hit me till I started building my RS stuff.

I agree. I was just making a point in that its getting kind of sad in what airsoft is starting to cost in some ways.

It never really hit me till I started building my RS stuff.

Yeah, but that’s the price we pay to be able to shoot in our basement :D

As with most first production MBK's the cost is high to offset the R&D and manufacturing costs. Eventually some other company will release CNC MBK's for a much cheaper price (Prime, SD,PGC... were looking at you!)

There will always be a handful of people who are willing to pay top dollar to be the first ones with accessory-X so they can claim the bragging rights. I've been there... my wallet was not happy...

Archived