Which ruger?

I have heard a lot of good things about the KJW. I have shot one before it shoots very fasy for such a little thing, the onkly problem I sam immediately was teh long trigger pull.

IDM

Ah that's no bother. Already have my 4.3 for a combat pistol but it's big and loud! The main thing I wa conserned about was reliability, long trigger pull isn't really an issue and is fairly expected in an NBB. Think I'm going to fit it with a suppressor (thinking of making one that slides over the outer barrel and projects beyond the muzzle) and some wooden grips.

Thanks for the info!

Think VERY long trigger pull. When you first try to fire the gun, you'll think the safety is on. The KJW Ruger is mechanically the same as the Marushin. Its all about trades. The Marushin has them while the KJW doesn't have any. Also, Marushin has an "Assasin" version with a silencer looking thing on the end (Not the bull barrel)

Also, Marushin has an "Assasin" version with a silencer looking thing on the end (Not the bull barrel)

You'll have a hard time finding that in stock anywhere, sadly. Have a picter anyway.

pict0323nk6.jpg

Trigger pull on the Marushin is the same as on the KJW, but it's not something I noticed oddly. Also, look here

[edit] The KJ is a good gun btw, forgot to mention that bit :unsure:

:zorro:

That KJW Mk1 you've linked to is EXACTLY what I want to make! I really don't care about trades, so long as it looks right and functions well that works for me. I'd heard about the marushin assassin but also figured it had gone out of stock as long time ago since all the "news" on it was years old. Bassically I want something that works as a back-up. back-up and as a stealthy gun. I'm guessing I'd have to order one from HK though? Not seen any in the UK for a while...

Thanks a bunch!

if you really want to do it , buy the KJW ( I have one , very nice - and the marushin has the same long trigger pull)

and the outer barrel comes of with one grub screw leaving a little stubb, which you could mod a short silencer onto very easily

DSCN2630.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg

threaded silencer adapter custom made by Dobey on these forums, RS Hogue grips (modded on by me!)

KJW MK1 can be found in the UK for £50

Jim

The shop I got mine from has gone now (£39.99!)

they are all over the place, just hunt around.

http://www.specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/in...p;productId=202

not the cheapest (£55) but mark is a decent bloke.

Not everyone agrees , but he's always been very good to me, and he has an MSN messenger address on his webby so you can ask him stuff in realtime.

Jim

The shop I got mine from has gone now (£39.99!)

they are all over the place, just hunt around.

http://www.specialairsoftsupplies.co.uk/in...p;productId=202

not the cheapest (£55) but mark is a decent bloke.

Not everyone agrees , but he's always been very good to me, and he has an MSN messenger address on his webby so you can ask him stuff in realtime.

Jim

Yeah, ran across special airsoft supplies pretty quikly. I'm gonna keep hunting around since ordering it from HK would be way cheaper even with express shipping (just customs hassle that could be the killer). If you know of anywhere else then do say!

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

This KJ Mk1 is one of my next acquisitions for a silent NBB pistol.

Now,

I would like to know more of this silencer mod, please. The outer barrel is not that cool looking IMO.

The outer barrel is removable. Do I need to fab up somekind of adapter to the base of the pistols frame then? What silencer type can I use, normal 14mm CW type or CCW?

Cheers

-Hessu-

• 2 months later...

Naveronski asked me how much work was involved in attaching silencers to my ruger's. Plus I figured maybe some people in this thread would like to know how I went about it.

I used this silencer from ehobbyasia.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/sil...4mm-cw-ccw.html

It is the skinniest silencer I could find. Which is good, because it is also one of the cheapest I could find.

I am sorry about the absolutely terrible picture quality. It is my brothers camera, and I have no clue about photography.

DSCF1000.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

I put the foam bits that come with the silencer around the original barrel, this makes it a snug fit when you put on the silencer.

End result.

DSCF0969.jpg

This mod is completely reversible, with minimal damage to the gun. Though you could file down the original front sight and glue them to the end of the silencer if you wanted.

Archived