New Classic Army B&T MP5K

Lewis_Hodgson

i believe that the tokyo mauri version is overpriced aswell...

it also says on the link, that the CA models are 219.99 euros...

erm, thats £219.99 sterling, they are overpriced.

Probably just AA knocked up the price because they got them first.

Two things.

1. These guns supposedly have the CA CQB style refined gearbox which supposedly justifies an increased price.

2. Why do these guns come with boreup kits? (at least according to the ad that i saw from CA.)

Yeah, my local store has this too, same price.

I don't see why people don't understand this price. It's cheap for a CA. Just because it's shorter, it should be cheaper? Cmon, don't be thick.

If my beloved Galaxy ever gives up the ghost, I'm getting this. :)

Im aware this is old news for the world, but its the first appearance of UK based (I'm aware arnies is multi-national, but the brits will be pleased to know)

One thing which has me stumped is the battery issue. One of the B&T Mp5's best features over other Mp5 designs was the internal M4 hop-up and the moving coking handle / ejection port. This meant that the cocking tube is filled with various gubbins...

So, these Mp5Ks must have the regular styled mp5 hop-ups or a magic battery compartment - I would love the latter by somehow I don't think so...:(

and what is this so called CQB gearbox and why is it so special?

Just as a point, and to reiterate Lewis Hodgson- when pressing the "old news" button, so to speak, please be sure to check that it is, in point of fact, old news based on the topic title and topic content.

Something available at HK stores that becomes available outside of HK is news unless it has been specifically mentioned as such elsewhere, as the ability to shop domestic can often be a big selling point for the more wary airsoft customers.

The news forum would be filled up pretty quickly if there was a new topic for evertime a gun was released in a shop :/ Would be better if there was a thread called "Mp5k (or whatever) is released), then people can update it in there when necessary.

The news forum would be filled up pretty quickly if there was a new topic for evertime a gun was released in a shop :/ Would be better if there was a thread called "Mp5k (or whatever) is released), then people can update it in there when necessary.

Fair point, however I've checked this site pretty consistently since the day this Mp5k was first mentioned and the only discussion that was featured on it was a couple of posts in a thread. So if anything this is the first place people have had to focus opinions.

All in all people have had some opinions, questions and wants towards this gun, not too bad for a news topic, no?

and what is this so called CQB gearbox and why is it so special?

It's just one of the latest CA mechboxes with pre-upgraded internals and very smooth, quiet running. All you need to upgrade for more fps, is the spring. Basically a stock mechbox as it should be, good stuff!

I think he's referring to CA's upgraded line of gearboxes featured in the full metal SLR series V3, SL8 series V3, and M15 CQB V2 series gearboxes. If so, the gearbox inside this Mp5k is probaly identical to the SLR/SL8 V3 gearbox which is great for the most part, but could still use a little bit of work if you're picky like me. ;)

These have metal bodies! REJOICE!

I had heard from an overseas pal that these were plastic bodies with a really hardcore gearbox! The news that they are metal, have the A3 grip I love so much and have a really nice mechbox makes the price well worth it in my eyes. The CQB set of CA mechboxes are supposedly pretty silent and very smooth. Add all this up and I bet they have a winner. I am real excited about these now! I am an MP5 project w_ore, so a set of MP5Ks with metal bodies, A3 grips and sweet gearboxes is like manna from modder heaven. Finally something to compete with for my attention over the Galaxy.

Great news for you British lucky type people that this is out there already. I don't see it in stock over here anywhere that I shop just yet. D:

Well, not to forget that Airsoft Armory are usally a little pricer than the other shops (IMO worth it for thier customer support and year warranty) so it will probably appear elsewhere around the £200, £190 mark.

I'll wait for a review, but this is a firm "mabye" buy.

Archived