Echo 1 CPW

cfg123

First, EWW!

Second, if you're going to do that, don't half-donkey it. Get rid of the sights and use RIS mounted ones. I think that the cleaning rod and the original sling swivel need to go, too. There's too much old AK in there... crying...

Good lord in heaven...

This is it. This is the UNIT gun I've been trying to locate since I decided the new Doc Who UNIT chaps were a big bunch of namby pamby bed-wetting types.

big calibre, modern rails, slidy stock, and, when out of magic bang, the option of twonking Johnny Alien upside the head witht eh kind of force that'd dislocate his crunniuns with ease... Stick an ELCAN on the damn thing, and Bob's your Builder.

Prefer the CYMA though- do like the folding vert grip- very tacticool in an unnecessarily tactical way...

being an AK purist i know this is going to be a bit biased, but heres my input on it. since they're even using a slant muzzle break on it they should have at least gone to the effort of using a stamped reciever and AKM gas assembly. that would have made it far more realistic too. an AKS74 style skeleton folding stock would have looked much better and less out of place, the M4 stock juts looks nasty. and although i'm not a fan of any of the AK top rails really, i think the other lower profile kind that sits in the place of the rear leaf sight and has a peephole sight at the back would have looked much nicer. also i can't see any use for the railed upper handguard, would have looked much better as a vented steel heatshield.

Over on ASR, we're having a thread on it too. I want one purely because my arsenal consists of stick battary guns, (type 89, mp5k, famas has large though) and because it would tick off my friend.

I've noticed the Cyma comes with a folding foregrip. I'd perfer that to the one Echo1 switched to. I might just get the cyma unless the trademarks look good on this one.

Archived