CA Sportline AKs at A2

BlackHawkHarlequin

You're right, this is the first time they've been seen at a retailer.

You know what's kind of weird? This particular retailer seems to be getting the new CAs before other ones. They've already got the new MP5k up and that's still not at any US retailers. I've never seeen a UK store get something that much sooner than a US store. I wonder if they have some new connections?

You're right, this is the first time they've been seen at a retailer.

You know what's kind of weird? This particular retailer seems to be getting the new CAs before other ones. They've already got the new MP5k up and that's still not at any US retailers. I've never seeen a UK store get something that much sooner than a US store. I wonder if they have some new connections?

Zero one are the same with STAR and ICS, when the FNC came out Z1 had them months before even HK shops got them, and buying from Z1 worked out cheaper than getting one from WGC!

The problem with the "value" pack is that all those other knick knacks they've thrown in are worthless and will be thrown away and replaced....so in fact the £114 you're paying for this rifle only puts it a few £s under a decent AEG from a more "respectible" source.

See when the Sportlines were coming in at about £99 it was something worth considering, but that extra £15 puts it too close to the better competition IMHO.

Having experienced first hand how bad the Sportlines CAN be, for the money I'd rather get something else.

I understand this is a sign of the times that CA is putting out these cheapies to compete with the flood of Chinese manufacturers... but looking at CYMA and Dboy's new offers with their surprisingly solid externals and decent wood furniture, not to mention (at least on my CYMA) unexpectedly smooth internals, I don't really know who would reach for one of these first.

Are people so opposed to chicom products that they would be willing to bury their head in the sand and buy something like this instead of a superior product for less cash? I understand the arguments that supporting the chinese companies takes money from the makers that rocketed this sport to the place it is today, and those arguments make sense until you consider that CA has just been hocking designs off of TM for nearly a decade.

I am just unconvinced...

Archived