ProG4: Custom M1911 Replica GBB pistol

Crimson

I take it that its a one off CNC project? Having all the parts fabricated from scratch through a machine shop would make it cost that much.

Doubt it, the internals look like off the shelf parts, or if they're not some of my upgraded 1911s have some one off CNCed internals from ProG4.

Anyway, let's skip the whole "you can buy a real steel version or two for less than that" argument/complaint, the day you can go running around with your friends shooting real guns at each other without criminal chargers or fatalities is the day that argument becomes valid. :rolleyes:

The only part I can see from the pictures that looks stock is the Loading nozzle. Every other part looks custom. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's one-off but the BBU and hop up definitely aren't stock. It's safe to assume also that the internals of the lower frame probably won't be stock, I would assume they would use steel parts as well..

If it truly is a one off kit then it may be worth it for a serious collector. But that price is hard to swallow for mostly everyone I know...

If you look close, there are Kimber trademarks on the rear sight too!

Off the top of my head the slide internals are a CP custom Bo-mar BBU, CP custom loading nozzle, CP custom inner barrel guide, probably a sheriff steel chamber, after that it gets difficult to tell because of the pictures. It's also a magna and not an SCW, if anyone cares.

Anyway, let's skip the whole "you can buy a real steel version or two for less than that" argument/complaint, the day you can go running around with your friends shooting real guns at each other without criminal chargers or fatalities is the day that argument becomes valid. :rolleyes:

Its unlikely though one would do that to their 2500 Airsoft pistol anyway...I can see someone taking it out and shoot something once in a while, but unlikely to skirmish with it...

You might as well get a real Kimber and shoot at a range...

Its unlikely though one would do that to their 2500 Airsoft pistol anyway...I can see someone taking it out and shoot something once in a while, but unlikely to skirmish with it...

You might as well get a real Kimber and shoot at a range...

I don't know if it's worth skirmishing or not, though there are plenty of people that skirmish their 500-1000 dollar upgraded GBBs. That being said lets keep in mind that for a few countries out there the idea of purchasing a real Kimber and taking it to a range is somewhat unrealistic.

I would really like to know how they came up with their price point, as a Prime steel 1911 Kimber kit plus the internals would come to about half the price of the ProG4 Kimber.

How 'bout you just buy one real steel version, and spend the rest on bribes to walk free after shooting your friends with it? :P

Seriously though, I could think of five thousand better ways to spend that much on airsoft, but still, you gotta love that chrome...

• 6 months later...

Archived