Which M870?

terrorist killer

I was looking around redwolf at the airsoft surgeon shotguns, but I was just wondering if there was any point of getting one over the standard tanaka ($300 cheaper) or a maruzen with the CL 400fps upgrade

Basically what I'm saying is is it worth the $300 to use another 2 different types of shell?

And before anyone starts about practicality I can get shell catchers for it, I also don't want any TM as I class them as 3 shot snipers(I mentioned that because I know a lot of people are going to tell me to "buy a TM cos they're teh bestest")

I've got a Tanaka M870 with folding stock and it's the ###### :D

I got the Airsoft Surgeon one for a mate at the same time and I prefer the standard one. The problem is the airsoft surgeon one is single shot only so is not really a shotgun. I'd save your money and just get the Tanaka as they rock :)

Also, just so you know, the short versions and the long version all have the same length inner barrel, so there is no point getting a long version for more range, get the shorty :D

Ok is that the slugshot one cos you can get buckshot shells for it (9bb's per shell)

Yeah, slugshot :) The buckshot shells are indeed better, but personally I think they are both un-useable in woodland so there's no point in spending the extra as the standard tanaka is just as good for CQB, only thing that makes airsoft surgeon better really is that my mate uses CO2 in his and it makes a nicer noise when you pull the trigger, much more of a 'crack' from the barrel, standard tanaka's just make a 'pop' noise :)

They're single shot rifles not shotguns, good accuracy and power, but pump action rifles. You should have a look at the ACM M500s their pretty good, 5bbs a shot, good spread, nice metal clack when you rack it. More practical than the Tanaka and Maruzen without the shells, and more shotgun like than the TM.

ive got a cl upgraded m1100 (i know, not an 870, but meh!), and run it on green. it outranges my acm m500 nicely, also on green, and is awesome fun. load a single bb, and youve got a 400fps rifle :D

however, gas consumption is immense (imo) as i will only get about 18 shots/charge (again, i know. semi auto...)

got a catcher too for it, but i find that to get it to stay put, its tight enough to squeeze the receiver slightly, which can mess up ejection, and thus feeding the next shell. (dont know if it will affect a pump action?)

both are great guns, and ive only played woodland with them (got some great kills), but if i had to take only one, it would be the acm.

this is down to the practicality of not faffing around with shells, and gassing it every few shots, not having to empty a shell catcher every 8 shots or so - they aint too big - and reloading in the field.

however, i love my shell-ejector to bits, cos of the whole cool factor i associate with it!

hope this helps

shmook

I would buy a M1100 if they used the tanaka system with the gas in the shell but it's not

Might think about getting one of those gas shell ejecting spas 12's though if I can remember where they were

Oh and is the 1897 riot gun basically the same in performance as the M870 cos if it is the I've got another $70 to spend on shells

youre probably better off without an m1100, it does like to stovepipe ;) need to get round to stripping it and tidying up the internals...

what spas are you on about? never heard of a shell ejecting one, apart from a custom one someone built ages ago (on here i think, made from an m1100 and spring spas iirc)

Found the site, they do Gas M1014's and Benneli M3's as well as spas 12's

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl...1013/%26hl%3Den

thats the translated version otherwise go into the arnies archives then search spas 12 and it's the second one down then go into the Yuji's gun factory home page part

80000 yen(£400) isn't a bad price for a custom shotgun seeming that the RWC M1100 is £800

ha ha, just found that site too!

i didnt pay £800 for mine though, its not the custom thingy, its the cl upgrade option for the standard one. it came to about £200 plus shipping.

wish i'd known about that spas though, best looking shotgun of all time, and shell ejecting too!

oh well.

cheers though :)

Archived