What bipod and internals?

Concr3te

Hi there, I've always loved the looks of the MG36 and I'd like to get one myself too. However, I don't have enough money to buy a G36 front end kit, scoped carrying handle, C mag and all yet. This is why I'd like to just get a few upgrades for my JG G36c first, like a bipod and a drum mag. I've been looking at RSOV.com, because they've got plenty cheap choices, but I have no idea what kind of bipod to get. I thought this one would be a good one, as I thought it would fit on my RIS rail, but the mount on the bipod looks quite small, so I'm not sure if it will fit. So will that bipod fit or not, if not, what kind of bipod would?

Another thing I'm wondering about is, when I decide to get more parts for my MG36, whether I need upgraded internals or not. I wouldn't like to mess around with the gear box and piston and stuff, but I don't want my gun to melt after a few long bursts either.

Could anyone answer these two questions for me? :)

I wouldn't worry about the internals, they will be sound anyway. *I think* the real steel MG36 is just a G36 with a Beta-c mag, bipod and heavier barrel.

The bipod isn't even MG36 specific, im pretty sure some units of the german army have bipods on normal G36A2s.

And I dont think theres anything really visually different between the barrels either!

The bipod isn't even MG36 specific, im pretty sure some units of the german army have bipods on normal G36A2s.

And I dont think theres anything really visually different between the barrels either!

I always thought the barrel was heavier due to the more sutained fire. I think you could be right though, as one of the advantages of the G36 is the easy adaptability to such a role.

Well the real steel MG36 certainly has a heavier barrel to cope with sustained fire, but visually it hardly differs from the normal full length G36. In airsoft not having a heavier barrel certainly wouldn't be a problem. All you need to fit are a longer internal and external barrel, foregrip, bipod, get a C-mag or box mag, and fit a carrying handle with integrated toprail, and viola!

Instead of buying the increasingly rare and shoddy STAR G36 Dual Sight, you could go with the better CA G36 sight, then, following N00btard's guide, affix a 20mm rail to the scope. Then, find one of These. Not sure how high they sit off the rail, but could be a better way to go if you wanted dual sights.

From pics of Bundeswehr soldiers in afghanistan and such, the Eotech 552 seems to be a popular choice to put on top of a G36, I've got one on mine and even though it ends up a little high, I love it.

Another good thing about the EOtech is that even if the real one isn't that expensive if bought used from Ebay, you can get chinese replicas that work OK for even less.

I put the rail on top of the CA scoped carryhandle just like in the guide.

Archived